Thursday 30 May 2024

My Favorite Things . . .

 

These are some of the things in life that I enjoy and which make me happy, inspire me, or put a smile on my face. Maybe some of them are yours too.  Lets share! 


Note - clicking on the photo will take you to their source.  (I still haven't figured out what I changed to make it so difficult to post links, etc.)



Blackberries.  I love them.  When we lived in Meaford, Ontario. we were surrounded by wild blackberry bushes. One of my favorite memories is of blackberrying with my sister. We picked lots and made blackberry jelly with them. So delicious!



Unusually shaped windows. This one is an oval. I have seen round ones as well. Usually they are accent pieces. I love them.  You will often see them on the landings of a stair case, especially in older homes.



Oil Lamps, although, now I live by myself I am a little bit afraid to have one.  They do give off a lovely glow on Winter nights. I am also afraid that the cats would knock one over.  I do love them though. 



A beautiful cupboard such as this one.  I love the lace trims and all of the white pottery, transferware, etc.



Lilacs, dare I say it again?  I can't help it. I love them!



Wildflowers. My sister's lawn is covered with wild violets, both the purple and the white.  They are so pretty.



Pretty china pieces. These are simply lovely.



Transferware.  Any kind  . . . 



A Peter Pan Collar  . .   so tidy.



Toadstools.  These embroidered ones are lovely  . . .  I also love embroidery as you know.



Forget-me-nots  . . .  once again. Love this picture of them  . . . 



Rooms filled with light.  Love, love, love  . . . 



Fresh herbs  . . .  love using them when I can.




Cardinals. You never used to see them here in Nova Scotia, but they are very common now.



The scriptures  . . .  so much inspiration, knowledge and guidance to be found there . . . 



Open Shelves, but you have to be incredibly tidy to keep them . . . 



Cake, of any kind  . . .  I love cake.



Clothes lines  . . . like the chairs also.



Window seats  . . .  



Twin beds  . . . these ones are lovely  . . .  love that rug on the floor in between also.


And those are my favorite things this week. Maybe some of them are yours also. I just like pretty things  . . . 


I was really late getting started this morning.  I had written up a post yesterday on the EK, set it up to publish early this morning, but for some reason it didn't and there was no evidence that I had ever written it.  So I had to completely rewrite it from scratch.  Very strange! Of course it is never as good the second time around, at least I don't think so at any rate!


A thought to carry with you  . . . 



° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.Just remember 
you are absolutely unique.
Just like everyone else.
~Margaret Mead
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •




In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Indian Fries (Masala Fries). These were a really simple make and really tasty as well.  I love Indian food! Its, dare I say it, one of my favorite things!


I hope your day is filled with light and at least a few of your favorite things!  I wish you nothing but the best!  Whatever you get up to, don't forget!


═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

  

And I do too!
    

   


3 comments:

  1. I went to my old blogger site, and low and behold it was still there. I thought I would try a post and see about adding links. I added a part of one, and used the link button to add a link back to my website. It worked easily. I clicked the synbol at the top that had the link image, so have no idea what buttons you pushed to give you so much grief. A sunny day, but had dropped to 5 Celsius overnight, so bought some tender plants in pots into the garage. Glad I did. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy blackberries!! When I was young, for 3 years we lived where there were so many blackberries in our back yard we could not eat them all. We often had blackberry pie 3 times a day and all the berries we could pick to eat whenever we liked!! STILL love blackberries!! And we had cardinals one place we lived a decade...such hard working cute birds!!
    Elizabeth xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marie! All your favs are mine also! I wish I had an old fashioned clothes line. Happy day to you. xo, V.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!