Friday 31 May 2024

My Friday Finds . . .

 



A few of the things  I find each week that pique my interest, bring me joy, inspire me to learn, create, do, become . . . maybe they will do the same for you!







 















 














Now this is really useful.   Taking two flat sheets (in co-ordinating colours) and turn them into a Custom Duvet Cover.   From Designer Trapped in a Lawyer's Body.
























  




Ten habits of people with organized houses.   Love, LOVE this!  from The Inspired Room.






































The easiest way to make a Silhouette.  I've always wanted to do that.   From Rain on a Tin Roof.



































10 Rule of thumb measurements for decorating your home.  This could come in very handy I think.   From Driven by Decor.





























I love, LOVE this beautiful lacy throw.  Perfect for just throwing over your legs on those cooler summer days.   From the people at BHG.





























 Your guide to growing herbs.   Also from the people at BHG.


























 


11 Painting Activities for Preschoolers.  I am thinking that a few regular schoolers would enjoy these as well.  From The Artful Parent.









































From Indulgy.   Free Printables.  You could use these for all sorts of things.
































No instructions, quite simply some eye candy.   I love this.  It's so pretty.  The whole page is pretty.   From Elizabetta.  Some pages are just beautiful.





Doll Coloring Book   Free pattern for a six inch raggedy.





No source. Just some cute little pillow ornament hangers.  Love this kind of thing.


 



A Little Bit French.  Love this blog.



 



I  think these crochet chrysanthemum dishcloths are really cute.   Found on Ravelry




This is a great household tip which I have been using since I first saw it.  What a great way to keep the linen cupboard tidy and everything together for each bed.  This is genius.




And while we are at it. How to fold a fitted sheet. I always have trouble doing this. My sister is a great sheet folder.





 

DIY Colouring Book Style Tea Towel.  I think this is so pretty.  From DIY Candy.




A Mail Organizer created from old books.  You could really play a lot with this, and create many different looks from the use of different books.  Found on Beyond the Picket Fence.




How to make pretty and useful wool lap blankets using liberty fabrics and wool.  Only one yard of each needed.  Found on Purl Soho.






Garden Party Napkins.  Also from  Purl Soho.  I love the bright edgings.   You could literally pick up a pack of fat quarters and do this.



 

Ten Mistakes new Herb Gardeners make and how to avoid them.  From The Skinny Gourmet.





How to preserve fresh basil in the refrigerator.  From Redhead and Decorate.



And that's it for this week.  I do hope that you were able to find something useful!



I'm still having problems posting photos.  I don't know what I did. I even tried on another computer. Same thing. I can upload them in the regular place, but I can't make them larger.  The only way I can adjust the size of them is to do upload them in the HTML view.  It is the same with adding links.

Kind of frustrating.  Only in that it takes me longer to do things. This too shall pass!

A thought to carry with you . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.Do not use a hatchet to remove 
a fly from a friend's forehead.
~ Chinese Proverb° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •





Cooking in The English Kitchen today  . . .  Stack-A-Dinner.  A quick, easy, delicious and economical meal for the family that everyone loves.


I hope that you have a lovely Friday! We are off to do some composting at dad's today. Wherever you go and whatever you do, may you always know that . . .

 ═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!



5 comments:

  1. You may have to delete one or two..of my messages..it was not publishing..Linda that wonderful girl that helped with your website..could she guide you? Love that little girl..I see many on IG all different..A white crocheted throw..Wow that would be lovely.Have not picked up a hook in years:)I hope its like a bicycle lol.Bon weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monique, my family helps me with any concerns I have about my website. Unfortunately they have nothing to do with Blogger, only deal with Wordpress. And things are very different on Blogger. Good thought though. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. Years ago a friend wo did housekeeping shared tat tip about storing sheets inside the pillow case. Works a treat. Did you get the Raggedy Anne pattern to make a new doll? I use an editing program to resize my photos first before uploading, then I get the size I want and don't have to resize on my website or Blogger. Did you know when you upload a full size photo from the camera the person viewing has to wait for the full size to load in before they see the resized version. And you used much more storage space. By resizing first you cut down on storage and time. It is a lovely sunny day here, Enjoy your Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a lovely weekend! V.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That beautiful white throw...would love to get that pattern...do you know where?
    Elizabeth xo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!