Tuesday 21 May 2024

A Day Book . . .

 


FOR TODAY, May 21st, 2024




OUTSIDE MY WINDOW ...

Partially sunny skies today with a high predicted of 22, it is going to be another lovely day.  As you can see a squirrel has come to visit, and right now a morning dove is walking across my railing. Nutmeg is very interested in this big bird who has ventured so close to his domain.


 

I AM THINKING ...

About elegance. My mother was always a very elegant woman. Her hair was always done to perfection. She always dressed nicely. Never sloppy.  She had a skin care routine that she followed every morning and every night. She had a special pillow case that she slept on so that her hair wouldn't break and I remember once upon a time, she wore this special head dress to bed that would protect her hairstyle.

I have never been elegant.  Exhausted is more the word to describe me. lol When my children were growing up I never had the time or the energy to spend like that on  myself. Mom didn't either, but she made the time. It was a different generation.  


  (source)I AM ALSO THINKING ...
Somehow I have changed something on here which makes it really difficult for me to upload photos, add links, etc. I don't know what I did. For some reason now I have to upload things in HTML mode, and decide the size I want them to be then and there, without being able to change it later.  Its weird and is taking me twice as long to do.  







IN THE KITCHEN ...
 


  Cornbread Toad in the Hole. This is a delicious twist on an old favorite, and sized just for two people. It was really lovely!


 


ON MY "TO COOK" LIST ... 


 Thomas Keller's Chocolate Bouchon, from The Food XP. These look fabulous!


 

GOOD TO KNOW ...

Yes  . . .  very much so  . . . 


I WOULD LOVE TO CREATE ...




Button Crafts  A Girl and a Glue Gun


Pipe Cleaner Crafts We are Teachers Those bears are some cute.
Pressed Flower Bookmarks Sugar Maple House There will soon be plenty of flowers to press.
Bashed Flower Crafting BHG It seems a bit extreme, but quite doable. Flower pounding.
FAbric Scraps Flower Pillow Hometalk Very pretty. LOOKING FORWARD TO ...
(Source) Summer picnics . . . why does food always taste better out of doors?
(source

  OH MY GOODNESS ... 


 Miss flower markets and outdoor stalls like this one . . . 


  I AM READING ...
The Sweet In-Between, by Sheri Reynolds 


 Kenny Lugo has grown up in a family that’s not really hers. Her mother died of cancer when Kenny was very young, and Aunt Glo–who is, in fact, her daddy’s girlfriend–took her in when her father was sent to jail for drug trafficking. Now, as Kenny approaches her eighteenth birthday and the end of the government checks Glo has been receiving looms, she is desperate to prove that this house and these people really do belong to her. But when a senseless murder occurs next door in their small coastal town, Kenny can’t get it out of her mind. She has always been consumed by the ways in which she is different–and inherently unworthy–so the unjust death of a young woman with everything to live for becomes an obsession. 


 In the end, hers is a story of an unforgettable young woman whose redemption comes from a source she never would have imagined. Only just started this one. 



  THINGS I LOVE ... 

 (source of all)
Pretty mugs  . . . 

 
Garden gates  . . . 

Lupin season . . . 


A well manicured garden  . . .  very nicely planned.

 White pottery . . .


Blues and whites . . .


SOMETHING TO WATCH ...




Maryland on Prime (PBS) Very good. I have watched it all the way through and am going to watch it again. The Isle of Mann is such a beautiful place.


A THOUGHT TO CARRY WITH YOU ...



° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.Things that haven't been done before,
those are the things to try;
Columbus dreamed of an unknown shore
at the rim of the far-flung sky.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
~Edgar Guest° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •


And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 



Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   

4 comments:

  1. Just finished Maryland, good series. I remember Suranne Jones from Coronation Street years ago, she played Karen MacDonald. We had some light rain overnight, doesn't look like a lot. Been hot here this weekend, might be here to stay. Love those button crafts. Enjoy Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember her as Karen MacDonald on Corry Street as well. She is a great actress. A lot of good actors cut their teeth on Corry Street! I think the heat is here to stay myself. And soon the humidity. Oh how I hate the humidity. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Ah, gonna have to try the toad-in-the-hole...been many years since I made some...and it was not with cornmeal...that will be interesting! Thanks for the ideas!!
    Elizabeth xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Elizabeth! I hope you both enjoy it! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!