Tuesday 28 May 2024

A Day Book . . .

 



FOR TODAY, May 28th, 2024


OUTSIDE MY WINDOW ...


It's overcast and it's garbage day.  You can see the lilacs are in bloom.  We are expecting heavy rain today, but that's okay. We need it. The ground is parched.  I had moved my geranium outside on the front deck, but I don't think it liked it, so I brought it back inside. I think I need to get a new pot for it. A new lady moved into the house across the street yesterday.  She had all kinds of people there helping her. She only moved in from one street over.  The cats were quite interested in all the goings-on.  I think Sheila did tell  me her name, but I have forgotten it already.



I AM THINKING ...

I got myself these protein shake powders.  I am thinking to have one each morning for breakfast rather than anything else.  I got three flavors.  Orange Creamsicle.  Vanilla. Cookies and Cream.  I am drinking the Orange Creamsicle one right now. Its quite good.  I really need to make some dietary changes. I have acid reflux most of the time.  Last night it was particularly bad.  I hate it. I always imagine I am having a heart attack or something.  Of course I am not, but what if I was and ignored it?  I am in a quandary.




I AM ALSO THINKING ...

In 1997 or so, my sister, mother, and I (plus our husbands and my sister's children) watched my mother's boyfriend drop dead in the parking lot of a KFC.  It was traumatic and I have only half lived my life ever since. It triggered in me a fear of dropping dead of a heart attack and ever since then I have been afraid to over-exert myself, etc.  I know that it is irrational and I have done myself more harm than good in living this way. In fear.  I think it might be PTSD that has never been addressed. I am anxious.  I hate to go out shopping by myself, or to do anything like that out and about by myself. I am always afraid that I will drop dead on a sidewalk, or inside a shop and nobody will know who I am or who I belong to.   I know, once again . . . completely irrational. I might look for some online help. I saw an ad the other day for that type of thing. I should probably look into it.



IN THE KITCHEN ...

Today there is a recipe for Olive Garden Salad Dressing. I like making my own, from scratch, salad dressings. We never had a bought salad dressing the whole time we were growing up. Mom always made it. I like to do the same. This was a delicious vinaigrette with punchy Italian flavors! Salad season is upon us!



ON MY "TO COOK" LIST ...

Irish Potato Bread from Bunny's Warm OvenThis looks really good. No yeast required either. I can't wait to try it!  Yes, I do so love bread. Of any kind.  And I also love recipes from Bunny's Warm Oven.


 

GOOD TO KNOW ...

Some great advice from Charlotte Freeman and her book, This Was Meant to Find You.  Brilliant.


I WOULD LOVE TO CREATE ...


Lisa Hannes on Ravelry. Oh how I wish I was a better knitter. I love this.




WillowWyn. Love these dolls. I really need to start making dolls again. It was something I really loved doing.




Primitive Farm House. DIY Sunflowers.




Prodigal Pieces. Clothespin Sheep. Love these.




Button Bouquet. In a salt shaker. Aubrey Originals





OH MY GOODNESS ...

Yea or nay?  Is this too much? I think so  . . .  it just looks a bit too cluttered for me. But I know many who like this sort of thing.



I AM READING ...



The Sweet In-Between, by Sheri Reynolds 


 Kenny Lugo has grown up in a family that’s not really hers. Her mother died of cancer when Kenny was very young, and Aunt Glo–who is, in fact, her daddy’s girlfriend–took her in when her father was sent to jail for drug trafficking. Now, as Kenny approaches her eighteenth birthday and the end of the government checks Glo has been receiving looms, she is desperate to prove that this house and these people really do belong to her. But when a senseless murder occurs next door in their small coastal town, Kenny can’t get it out of her mind. She has always been consumed by the ways in which she is different–and inherently unworthy–so the unjust death of a young woman with everything to live for becomes an obsession. 


 In the end, hers is a story of an unforgettable young woman whose redemption comes from a source she never would have imagined. Only just started this one.  Its a slow go.

THINGS I LOVE ...


 



Pretty cardigans  . . . 


 


Pretty mugs  . . . 


 



Blossom time  . . . . 



 



Strawberries and Cream  . . . 




The Classics in any way, shape, or form . . . 


SOMETHING TO WATCH ...



Vera on Britbox. I love British detective shows . . .  Also love Silent Witness.



A THOUGHT TO CARRY WITH YOU ...


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.°A slowness to applaud
shows the cold temper of
an envious spirit.
~Hannah Moore



And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 



Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   

9 comments:

  1. Gosh, what a harrowing experience for you all. Sadly, these things happen. Do seek help for your PTSD, Marie. I’ve suffered with acid reflux for years but have been on medication a very long time. What a difference it has made. Please ask your doctor. There is help out there. Enjoy your day. Love and hugs, Elaine (in Toronto)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really horrific Elaine! I am on Lansoprazole for the acid reflux, and had been put on two a day, but then the Doctor said to go back to one, but as soon as I did the symptoms got worse, so am back on two a day now. Here's hoping it improves as it really is a very uncomfortable feeling! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. Love that cute salt shaker button bouquet, shared it with my local craft group. We had the heavy rain yesterday, it always seems to rain when it is your garbage day. I'm sure you will get to meet your new neighbour soon. Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! What is up with it being Garbage day and the rain! Just a coincidence but an odd one! You enjoy your day also! xoxo

      Delete
  3. My Hubby has bad acid reflux too but we have learned over time, that if we can eat lightly after 5 PM and if we can avoid eating after 7 PM he does better. Also, using George's Aloe Vera Juice...about a third or half a glass is very helpful and often tamps it down entirely. Also found NuRelief natural antacid chewable pills that also have Aloe Vera in them, to be effective (if the juice does not work well enough, then he uses the antacid pills). Mainly however, he avoids spicy foods and that includes anything with very much onion or garlic. Amazon carries the Aloe Vera Juice...and grocery stores here carry the NuRelief tablets. We are trying to avoid him needing meds because of all the other stuff he already takes...gets too problemic to figure out WHAT to take when...not enough hours in a day!! My grandparents never ate much at night...we both agree that now we know why...you do much better eating mainly in morning up till early evening or late afternoon. I hope you figure out some ways to help yourself naturally. I also do not like going out alone, Marie...well, at least in this country, it is not safe. Even with my Hubby in the car, and even here the past 2 years, I have been accosted twice by some nasty men in the parking lot of a grocery store (had never seen them before...obviously hated women)!! (And when we lived north of Seattle, Hubby was accosted several times by m u s l i m s...go figure...we were just the lucky ones they chose to harrass or in one case tried to run over hubby in a parking lot.) Must not have liked our white hair or something!! I try to never walk even remotely close to men while out in a parking lot now, and we avoid the other group as well!! Of course, this country has gotten way less safe in the past couple decades. And seeing someone die like that would be hard to get past too, as happened to your family!!
    Take care. Hugs, Elizabeth xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was truly horrendous Elizabeth, here I am so many years later and it stays with me. I will look for the Aloe Vera Juice! Thank you for your suggestions! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Dear Marie, you can put a little index card in your purse so that if you are away and fall ill, whoever comes to your rescue will know who to contact. If you are out in the yard at your home, it will be ok, since someone will know you live there, but if it helps you feel better, put an index card in your pocket too. After many, many years of self-abuse with overeating and eating junk foods, including gimmicks such as powders, weight loss stuff, fasting, and you name it -- I have found the best way to be healthier and slimmer is to be sensible. Letting go of expensive gimmicks and worthless junk food was the biggest step I took. Now I make good food (yesterday I made the Honey and Soy Chicken --- yum!). I am almost 80 years old, and I am stating without any dancing around the subject that I wish I had become sensible years and years ago. I have been miserable with my looks, and clothes that I can't get into, and stomach attacks and, most of all, that feeling of not loving myself enough to take care of me. Then, EUREKA! It came to me that I could love the little girl I was, and take care of that little girl that is still a part of me. That translated to taking care of myself in the present moment, including that little girl, that young woman that went astray with bad eating habits, and this old woman now, who finally wised up! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment. I have been sad for a very long time. I am working at being kinder to myself and putting the sadness behind. I am trying to wise up as well. Before it's too late. xoxo

      Delete
    2. Here's what happened when I realized that I would love that little girl even now, in my older body, and think of her every day. As I lathered my face in the shower, I thought of that little girl getting clean. As I prepared a snack, I thought this is well-aplenty, I will stop now and not gorge myself. The sadness I feel from the experiences I've had, and seen, are slowly resolving into a kind of dignity of self and also self-regard. This is all Johnny Come Lately, but at the least, it has finally come. I love the taste of food. As I chopped the garlic for the Honey and Soy Baked chicken (your recipe), I felt peace settle over me. I loved the moment of preparation. I didn't eat several cookies, candy, or bread while preparing the chicken. I enjoyed the feeling of my three selves (child, young woman, and now old woman) preparing good food to enjoy in a sensible manner. My sadness is gradually disappearing and being replaced by self-regard, which will not tolerate being mistreated ever again. There is amazing strength and intelligence within you, Marie, and such a respect of life on Earth. Your sparkle falls on all of us who read your blogs. You are already wise. You are already sensible. I hope that you will include yourself in the goodness of who you are, and so abundantly share with others. xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!