Tuesday 24 January 2023

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 



FOR TODAY, January 24th, 2023

Outside my window...


I'll let a picture do the talking.  Very wintery. My garbage that I took great care to put out yesterday is buried. I hope that the bin men take it all. I see the new neighbor across the way has stacked theirs on top of mine.  Fingers crossed it all goes!

I am thinking ...

Not a lot really. I did get a good night's sleep last night. I only woke up once. My nasal congestion is gone, but I still have that niggling feeling, like its coming back. Taking plenty of Vitamin C and crossing my fingers. I should have had my foot appointment today, but called to cancel it because I didn't want to expose my foot care lady and all of her elderly clients. I have rebooked.

I am thankful for ...

A nice warm house. My heart breaks for anyone who is homeless at this time of year.  It breaks for anyone who is homeless anyways, but in the winter, I just cannot imagine how difficult it is.

In the kitchen ...


Sadly, there is nothing new, but I am sharing a Roasted Chicken Bahn Mi sandwich from a few years ago.  I have not been cooking much.


On my "to Cook" list ...


Recipe Tin Eats . . . Baked Fish with Lemon Cream Sauce.  This looks really good. I love fish.


Good to know ...



I know this to be true.


Something to watch ... 



Winnie on Netflix.While her husband served a life sentence, paradoxically kept safe and morally uncontaminated, Winnie Mandela rode the raw violence of apartheid, fighting on the front line and underground. 

I am wanting to create ... 


Mairuru  A Whale zippered pouch.  Food for the eyes only, no instructions.



Sew Sweetness, free craftbag pattern.



Inspire Uplift. Travel Organizer. Not free. Downloadable PDF.



Red Gate Farm  A fun Valentine holiday project.



Sum of Their Stories. How to make a pocket hug.


I am reading ... 


The Kitchen Front, by Jennier Ryan

Four women complete for a once-in-a-lifetime spot hosting a BBC cooking program during WW2 in this vibrant historical novel.

Two years into World War II, Britain is feeling her losses: The Nazis have won battles, the Blitz has destroyed cities, and U-boats have cut off the supply of food. In an effort to help housewives with food rationing, a BBC radio program called The Kitchen Front is holding a cooking contest—and the grand prize is a job as the program’s first-ever female co-host. 

For four very different women, winning the competition would present a crucial chance to change their lives. For a young widow, it’s a chance to pay off her husband’s debts and keep a roof over her children’s heads. For a kitchen maid, it’s a chance to leave servitude and find freedom. For a lady of the manor, it’s a chance to escape her wealthy husband’s increasingly hostile behavior. And for a trained chef, it’s a chance to challenge the men at the top of her profession. 

 These four women are giving the competition their all—even if that sometimes means bending the rules. But with so much at stake, will the contest that aims to bring the community together only serve to break it apart?

This came recommended to me by my friend Bev.  I am really enjoying it.

Looking forward to ...
Getting rid of this cold. I could be worse however.

Dreaming about ... 
 

Lily of the valley  . . . 

 

Red geraniums  . . . 

 

Daisies and Forget me nots  . . . 

 

Spring bulbs  . . . 

 


Blue Hyacinth  . . . 

Makes me smile ... 

 


Peekaboo hearts  . . . 

Corners of my kingdom . . . 



The corner of my desk  . . . 

A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
  ˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
 ˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*.˛The little things that make life sweet
Are worth their weight in gold;
They can't be bought at any price
And neither are they sold.•。★★ 。* 。


And that's my daybook for this week! 


   ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
 ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 
  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 
 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       

9 comments:

  1. Good to hear you are feeling a bit better. Big snow storm heading our way for tomorrow. Warnings out for most of Ontario. Love those little pocket hugs, would be cute to leave in different places for folks to find, kind of like the quilted hearts for I found a quilted heart. I might just make some. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just put "The Kitchen Front" on hold at the library. We're to get our snow tomorrow. Stay safe. Feel better. Love and hugs, Elaine (in Toronto)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are sure to enjoy it Elaine! Its an "I can't put it down" kind of a book! You stay safe and warm in the snow! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  3. Oh the snow, same here. Use to it but not the bitter cold. Colorado has many more sunshine days than not. So this is a fit. Hauling my trash cans up from the front over at least a foot of solid ice in the street next to our driveway. Love the Psalm you shared, I have a necklace with that verse. :-) Now I wait for the recycle truck to stop by....life is an adventure, or so it should be. Have a wonderful day and thank you or all the beautiful shares.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow sunshine makes just about any day that little bit better! Thanks for your visit. Your necklace sounds lovely. You have a wonderful day also! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Wonderful uplifting shares. Life has been hard lately so praying harder. The wisdom of my late mother. Missing her thoughtful heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Anne. I know what it is like to miss a mother. I miss mine dreadfully. ((((hugs)))) Keeping you in my prayers also. xoxo

      Delete
  5. Glad you are feeling better Marie and enjoying the book. (Bev in MF)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Bev! Its an excellent book! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!