Friday 13 January 2023

My Friday Finds . . .

 


A few of the things I find each week that inspire me to want to do better, to create, to become better, to read more, to watch, to just DO something! Things that delight, inspire, and bring me joy.  Maybe they will do the same thing for you!




Rainbow Pasta.   Simply cook the pasta and rinse with cold water.  Then you divide the pasta between several different zip lock baggies, each of which you have added 20 drops of food colouring (different colours) and 2 TBS of water too.   Allow to stand for several minutes, then drain and rinse again.  Toss together and presto you have rainbow pasta.  (I would reheat it in the top of a double boiler for a few minutes.)




30 Days of Gratitude Journal Jars.  Scribble your thankful thoughts on scraps of paper and then put them into a mason jar.  Then when you are feeling down, take them out and think about all you have to be grateful for.  Instant lifter upper.   From Write Shop.com




No source, just love.   I have always wanted a tree house, ever since I saw the Swiss Family Robinson film. back when I was a girl.  Wasn't THEIR tree house fun!   As a child I never once questioned how on earth they got all the stuff that they had in it.  I know that they were shipwrecked and were able to probably get a lot of things that way, but wouldn't a lot of it have been destroyed?  hmmmm . . . intellect says yes . . . heart wants to say no.

In any case I love tree houses.  If you are lucky enough to live in one, you are . . . well . . .  lucky! Mind you at my age, climbing a tree to get in and out of my house these days would not be very practical.




The most absolutest sweetest adorable pillow I have ever seen in my life.  It's a postcard!  With scraps of fabric and embroidery.  I think it is just fabulous.  Would this not make a brilliant gift for some one??  I know!  Who wouldn't love to get one of these.  I found this on the Nana Company Blog.




No source, but . . . journal embroidery!!  It's just adorable.  I love this idea.
How very interesting this would be in a journal.   What a keepsake!




An embroidered love note . . . on embroidered notepaper.   ADORABLE.
From the Etsy Shop  Dash of Magic.   People are so incredibly creative don't you think?
I know, I am amazed all the time at what they come up with! 






The 52 week money challenge from Life As You Live It.   A do-able plan for saving money, simply by saving your pocket change.  Sounds great in theory!




Eternal Spring Onions.  From Baked by Rachel.   I am so going to try this.  Apparently when you buy a bunch of spring onions, you cut off and use the bits you want and then you put the remainder into a jar with some water at the base, and they grow to give you more!  I would change out the water every couple of days.  I am going to try this to see if it works.  Fresh spring onions on tap.  Excellent idea!




Melted Ice Cream Hot Cocoa.  I thought the picture was cute.  I was intrigued by the name and just had to see what this is all about.  Reading the recipe it sounds hedonistically delicious and like something I might enjoy.  It is the recipe for a delicious hot cocoa type of drink concentrate.  You can find it here on Babble.   Don't blame me if you fall in love.   Its like a hot milk shake. mmm . . .




Smoothie Kit Creations.  For the freezer.   A fabulous idea.   Making these you will have everything you need to make a healthie smoothie in the freezer and right at your fingertips.   There sure are some smart people out there!  I love it!  I love smoothies!




A great plan for a hidden Kitchen organizer from the blog Two Twenty One.   If your refrigerator door looks a mess of things stuck all over it, this will come in very handy.   I love the idea of having this mess tucked away behind a door.  That blog is actually a great resource for all sorts of organizational projects.




A crochet Daschund.   I have a daughter in law who would love this!  Isn't it adorable.   You can find the pattern here.




Homemade Bird Feeders for the kids to make.  They use simple things we all have around the house and natural ingredients.  I love it!  You can find out how here on What Do We Do All Day.




Free Valentines Day Printables on This Girl's Life.   I wish I was smart enough to be able to create things like this myself.   But I am not.   I need a teenager in the house to show me how!




A tutorial to make these sweet Heart Oven Mitts.   I used to have quite a few of these type of oven mitts and I can tell you first hand that they are fabulous.  I like them better than oven gloves.   Seriously.   The Tutorial is here, on Inside the Paper Box




The most adorably cute cupcake box printable I have ever seen.  It is available as an instant download in this Etsy shop, Claudine Hellmuth.   People are so smart!


 


This is such an adorable Pin Keep.   I found it here.  There are no insructions but the source book for the pattern is given.  I think it would be quite easy to figure out anyways.   I just adore the muted pastel colours of this.   The blog is called Winding Vine Wanderings and is filled with lots of beautiful eye candy for the crafting soul.




Valentines Day Chalk Art.  I love this look of chalk boards.  I don't think many chalk boards exist anymore.  Most classrooms use white boards and marking pens or overheads.  Progress.  In any case you can read more about this cute Valentine message on My Vintage Window.





Is this not adorable???  It's a Valentines Day Paper Bag Album!   So easy to make.  I just love it!  There is a tutorial here on Or So She Says.   It's a guest post by Melissa of One Crafty Mumma! 




There are some really cute Valentines Printables on I Heart Nap Time.   Twenty of them in total! 





Twelve Free Romantic Fonts.  I love fonts.  Found on We Lived Happily Ever After.




Bullet  Journals.   From Passion Themed Life.




Craft By Photo DIY Tin Can Lanterns.   These would be great in the summer for out in the garden.   A lot cheaper than buying fancy garden lanterns too!  Now's the time to be saving those tin cans!




Printable Old School Wall Charts.  I love these!  They would come in handy for all sorts!  From  Knick of Time.




All you need for this cute little craft is some wooden peg dolls and sharpie pens.   Adorable!  From The Red Thread.




Felt Paper Dolls from The Prudent Homemaker.   Such a nice idea.  Perfect for little hands that are not as tender as they should be and that might rip real paper dolls.   Great way to use up some fabric scraps also.




How to make an emergency room heater to help keep a small room warm in a power cut.   This is invaluable.   You can find out all the directions on Mom Prepares.   All you will need is some tea lights, two clay pots and a loaf dish/pan.   Added bonus.  You can also heat water or soup on top of the clay pots.




DIY Oil Lamp using a Mason Jar.  Complete tutorial for indoors or outdoor use, from Put It In A Jar.


And those are my finds for this week. My computer is acting up a bit, so I am cutting it off here. Just one of those days!

It's a messy day out there this morning. We had snow overnight, but it is now turning to rain. I am glad that I don't have to go anywhere. I went out with my sister yesterday morning. We wanted to go to the Dollar store as I was wanting to pick up a file folder for all of my receipts for 2023. I could spend hours in the dollar store. It is a huge store, and I don't know what they don't have in it. Everything from soup to nuts! I was also going to put my car through the car wash, but it was closed and barricaded off.  Oh well!


A thought to carry with you . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
  ˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
 ˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*What makes you different or weird,
that's your strength.
~Meryl Streep•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。




Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake. Don't knock it til you try it. This is a small batch recipe. 



I've also done a post on the ABC's of baking. You can find that here


Be safe when you are out and about today!  I hope your day is filled with the things and the people you love. Whatever you get up to, don't forget! 


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!    

   

3 comments:

  1. Nasty day here too, staying home for sure. Saved the dachshund pattern, daughter and family have 2 so it would be a cute gift for them. Stay warm and safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could totally see you making them Linda! You stay safe and stay warm also! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Delightful and charming finds! I love fonts, the crochet doggies, well…everything is so interesting in this post…thanks! The Dollar Tree is a treasure trove of goodies, yes!? My computer acting up today also…?…strange techy stuff…it’s going to be a stormy weekend here, glad is can stay home also, lucky us. Have a Happy Friday the 13th! xo, V.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!