Tuesday 3 January 2023

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

   


FOR TODAY, January 3rd, 2023

Outside my window ...
Its dark and cool. Not a creature is stirring.

I am thinking ...
About religious and racial inequality. Global warming. Our decaying health system. Starving children. War. Displaced peoples. Homelessness. Poverty. It breaks my heart that these things even exist. We must do more.  Governments must do more.

I am thankful for ...
The life I have been given. It is an abundant life filled with enough of everything.

In the kitchen ...



Skillet Ham & Rice.  A quick, easy and delicious supper dish sized just for two.


On my "To Cook" list ...

The Kitchn.  Turnip Greens by Deborah Van Trece. I love LOVE greens.

I am wearing ...
A warm flannel nightie. I love my flannel nighties.

Good to know ...



I am wanting to create ...



Lovely Indeed.  DIY Winter Checkers.  Why didn't I think of that!




Satsuma Designs.  House warming scented fire starters.



My Poppet.  Scrap Yarn Basket.



Sew Modern Bags.  Carry all sewing bag.



No source, but I love these needle books. I love needle books.


I am reading ...


The Girls with No Names, by Serena Burdick

A beautiful tale of hope, courage, and sisterhood—inspired by the real House of Mercy and the girls confined there for daring to break the rules. 

 Growing up in New York City in the 1910s, Luella and Effie Tildon realize that even as wealthy young women, their freedoms come with limits. But when the sisters discover a shocking secret about their father, Luella, the brazen elder sister, becomes emboldened to do as she pleases. 

Her rebellion comes with consequences, and one morning Luella is mysteriously gone. Effie suspects her father has sent Luella to the House of Mercy and hatches a plan to get herself committed to save her sister. But she made a miscalculation, and with no one to believe her story, Effie’s own escape seems impossible—unless she can trust an enigmatic girl named Mable. 

As their fates entwine, Mable and Effie must rely on their tenuous friendship to survive. Home for Unwanted Girls meets The Dollhouse in this atmospheric, heartwarming story that explores not only the historical House of Mercy, but the lives—and secrets—of the girls who stayed there.


Looking forward to ...
Getting my liver scan on Friday over with.

Dreaming About ... 

 

Gingham jam jar covers and silver spoons  . . . 


 


Embroidered linen pillow covers  . . . 


 


Wool socks to keep your feet warm . . . 




Patterns of light on a sunny day  . . . 


 


Beautiful stationary  . . . 

Makes me smile ... 



So cozy  . . . 

Corners of my kingdom ... 



Star light . . . star bright . . . 

A thought to carry with you ...

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
  ˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*.˛When the wind of winter blows
Over the uplands and moonlit spaces,
Come ye out to the waste of snows
To the glimmering fields and
the silent spaces.
~L. M. Montgomery •。★★ 。* 。


And that's my daybook for this week! 


   ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
 ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 
  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 
 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       



4 comments:

  1. It is a dull start to the day here too, lots of rain starting shortly, hope it doesn't freeze. I love needle books too, have several and don't need any more, but ..... Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love creating Needlebooks. I guess I just like working with my hands. Very dull here now. Cool, but no precipitation expected! Enjoy your day also Linda! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Oh my...all these creative projects...and not enough time to do them all...but one can admire them anyway!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Marie . I love your Star Light candle holder . I will light a candle for you on Friday and think of you . 💐💗🙏🏻

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!