Thursday 12 January 2023

My Favorite Things . . .

 

 


A few of the things that make me smile, bring happiness and joy, and make my heart go pitter pat. They say a picture is worth a thousand words. I say it's worth a thousand smiles.


 


Oh my  . . .  so pretty . . . 


 


The book, so pretty and pink, that quilt, roses  . . . 


 


Love wax seals . . .  and the baby's breath . . . 


 


Embroidered lace . . .  so pretty.



Pretty pillow slips  . . . 


 


Such pretty earrings, and that plate . . . 


 

Pretty pinks  . . . 


 

Biscuit tins  . . . I am a sucker for any kind of tin like this.


 

White picket fences  . . . 


 

Ginger cats . . .  but you know that.


 

Pretty tea cups  . . .  lily of the valley.



Beatrix Potter . . .  love these tags  . . . 


 

A collection of whites  . . . 


 

Pretty Florals  . . . 


 


If I could ever be tempted . . . 


 

Blue shutters . . . reminds me of the south of France . . . 


 
(source


Embroidered linens  . . .


 

They know the best places  . . . 


 


Peter Pan collars . . .  they leave much to the imagination. 



 


Perfectly beautiful . . . that's a web I could live with.


And those are my favorite things for this week . . .

A thought to carry with you . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
  ˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
 ˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*The night will never stay, the night will still go by,
though with a million stars you pin it to the sky,
though you bind it with the blowing wind, 
and buckle it with the moon, 
the night will slip away like a sorrow or a tune.
~Eleanor Farjeon •。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。



In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Cheddar, Broccoli & Potato Chowder . . . delicious!

I hope you have a day filled with at least a few of your favorite things!  It's really cold here this morning. -13C (8.6F) I am so grateful for my heat pump keeping me warm!  Whatever you get up to today, don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!    

   


4 comments:

  1. A dull and dreary day and a big weather system moving into the area later today with lots of rain followed by snow. We are heading out this morning to pick up a grocery order, just in case it gets really bad. Hope it warms up a bit for you. Enjoy Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a brilliantly sunny day, but that has all gone to pot now. Its warmed up though! xoxo

      Delete
  2. This is soup season isn't it? The neighbor lady brought us some wonderful beef and veggie soup she made the other day...sure tasted great!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Homemade soup is the best Elizabeth! What a blessing! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!