Tuesday 28 June 2022

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

 

FOR TODAY, June 28th 2022

Outside my window ...
Its bucketing down, pouring rain. We do need the rain however. Everything was looking very dry, and it is a blessing it held off until today so my brother could drive safely.

I am thinking ...
I was in so much physical pain yesterday and last night. It disturbed my sleep even. This arthritis is the pits. Yesterday everything was aching from my head down to my toes. Sometimes I lay in bed and I am just hurting, hurting, hurting. It hurts just to breathe.  But then I have other days that are really good pain wise. So the good does outweigh the bad. But pain is the pits.

I am thankful for ...
My brother and his daughter got here safe and sound. It was so nice to see them!  Today everyone is coming to mine for supper!

In the kitchen ...



Chocolate shell ice cream topping. Two ingredients. Five minutes. Tasty fun!!  Especially if you add sprinkles! 

On my "To Cook" list ...



Eatwell 101  Lemon Garlic Butter Chicken & Green Beans. This looks delicious! 


Good to know ... 



I am wanting to create ... 




Atercrochet on Etsy. Not free, but not expensive either. Digital download.



Bear Pile.  Little pulling Sheep, tutorial and pattern. Again not free, but not expensive either. Cute!




Totiehoekom on Ravelry.  Love this pretty free form poppy bag!



Homespun Seasonal Living. How to sew simple placemats.



Happy Strong Home. How to sew a cornered tablecloth in an hour. 


I am reading ... 


The Meeting Place,  Janette Oke & T. Davis Bunn

Two young women, their lives shadowed by nations in conflict, begin a friendship that will propel them on a journey from which they can never turn back....

The year was 1753, and the lines of separation were firmly drawn. The French had named the region Acadia, their "beloved home". When the British came soon after, they battled with the French on the new continent as they had in Europe for centuries.

The settlers of Acadia were either French or English, and though their villages might be but a stone's throw apart, most could go an entire lifetime without speaking to someone from the other side.

And then the chance encounter in a meadow of wild flowers...


This story revolves around the expulsion of the Acadians from Nova Scotia, and is the first in a series of books. Very good.  


I am looking forward to ...

Seeing my family today! Doug's visit in July!


Dreaming about ... 

 

Fresh Berries  . . . 


 


Baby cuddles  . . . 


 


Its simple really . . .  


 

Its so pretty  . . .  love this  . . .  


 

Roast chicken  . . .  I love a good roasted chicken  . . . 


Something to watch ... 


Its Complicated. I don't know why, but I have always really enjoyed this movie.


Makes me smile ... 



Cinnamon with something to say.  She doesn't talk a lot, but when she does I always listen. 


Corners of my kingdom ... 



Its raining, it pouring  . . . the old man is snoring  . . . 


A thought to carry with you ...

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

*Your mind will always
believe everything you tell it.
Feed it hope. Feed it truth.
Feed it with love.
  •。★★ 。* 。 


And that's my daybook for this week! 


   ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
 ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 
  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 
 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       


10 comments:

  1. My arthritis is always bad when it is about to or is raining. I take pills as a last resort, but sometimes it is the only way to get through the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like you, I try not to take any pills, but yes, sometimes you just have to. xoxo

      Delete
  2. What are you making for dinner, Marie? Glad your brother and his daughter arrived safely. It's a long drive. Enjoy their visit. Loved the little lamb on wheels. So sweet. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did my chicken rarebits Elaine, with baby potatoes, broccoli and salad and then we had chocolate cake for dessert! There wasn't any left! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  3. Hi Marie~ I'm so sorry you are having struggles with arthritis. Mine usually flares when the weather changes, especially when we get low pressure. Not much you can do but rest...hopefully it will pass quickly. Your little Cinnamon is such a cute girl...and you know us girls, when we have something to say, we say it! Hugs and Love, Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Barb, all you can do is to ride it through and wait for a sunny day! Cinnamon is a real sweetheart, but so is her brother! I guess I am biased! Hugs and love, xoxo

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am usually bad by the end of each day but you are right when rain is coming it is much worse! (((((hugs)))) So sorry that you have to suffer much the same! xoxo

      Delete
  5. You'll get through it..This prep for your brother:)The more I do the less painful things are.HAVE fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monique! I am enjoying having him here! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!