Tuesday 7 June 2022

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 


FOR TODAY, June 7th, 2022

Outside  my window ...
The sun is shining brilliantly. I thought it was supposed to be a rain filled week, but so far so good! Its been gorgeous!

I am thinking ...
I really need to clean house today. My last few days have kept getting away from me. Today I need to vacuum and dust and wash the floors! I also need to organize the spare room better for when my brother gets here. 

I am thankful for ...
I am especially thankful for my faith. I know you must get tired of hearing that, but it is true. I do not know where I would be without it, and the strength it has given me to keep moving forward. I give glory to God in all things, for without His goodness I would be lost . . . 

In the kitchen ... 


Ham & Cheese Bow Ties, the small batch.  I used to frequent a site years ago called Steph's Country Kitchen. There were no photos, just recipes. Good, sound, delicious sounding recipes. I had printed many of them out. The site has been gone for many, many years now, but I still have many of the recipes in my Big Blue Binder. This is one of them that I small batched for the smaller family. It feeds two to three.

On my "To Cook" list ...



Simply Delicious Food. Chicken Swarma with Easy Flat Bread. It looks really delicious. I will probably leave out the bread however and just have the rest.

Good to know ... 



I am not sure how true this is, but it sounds good! 

I am wanting to create ... 



Sara Kellner on Ravelry.  The Bluebird of Happiness. Free pattern. Cute!

 



Little Dear on Etsy. Felt Mushrooms.  Cute! 



 
Felt Apple Pins. Inspo only. Lisa Jordan.  Lil Fish Studios




Sweet Miss Daisy. Inspo only.  



Love Crafts.  Crochet Top. 


I am reading ...


 

Written on Our Hearts, Emily Belle Freeman 

In the midst of every challenge or adversity, one thing is certain—the Lord will deliver us, and the Old Testament can help us understand how. We may not be called upon to cross the Red Sea, be led into captivity, or be confronted by armies with strength far greater than ours. But there will be days when we face obstacles, danger, oppression, and injustice. And in those moments we can recall how to trust like Gideon, to build like Nehemiah, to plead like Hezekiah, and to stand up for what we know like Micah. We can draw strength from courageous prophets and prophetesses, from great women and mothers in Israel. And we can experience the sustaining power these biblical stories can have in our own battles of life as we remember that just as the Lord delivered the children of Israel, He has the power to deliver us.


Thoughtful and inspiring. This is so good. I am really taking my time with this one as I am soaking it all in.

I am looking forward to ...
Road trip with Cindy on Thursday! We are going to Michaels!

Dreaming about ...

 


Home spun curtains and lace trim  . . . 


 

Pretty mugs  . . . 

 

Strawberry Season  . . .  won't be long  . . . 


 


Shadows and light  . . .  


 


Totally inviting  . . . 

Something to watch ... 



Netflix  . . .  had not ever watched it. Loved it. 


Makes me smile ... 

 

The kittens when I first got them. They sure have grown since then! They are 11 months old now!

Corners of my kingdom ... 




I am finally burning one of my beeswax candles.  I don't know why I save these things instead of using them. What is the point of having things if you are not going to use and enjoy them?

A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*Everyone of us needs to show
how much we care for each other,
and in the process care for ourselves.
~Princess Diana •。★★ 。* 。 


And that's my daybook for this week! 


   ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
 ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 
  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 
 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       






8 comments:

  1. Yes use everything:)It will all be binned,donated or lost one day if not..I think..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to save things, but now use them and enjoy them. A rainy day here is Ontario.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my plan. You sent the rain here today! lol xoxo

      Delete
  3. Delightful felt crafts, so sweet. Enjoy your candle and all the little things that make you happy. Have a good Tuesday. xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much V! Hope your Tuesday was blessed, xoxo

      Delete
  4. Hi Marie, I believe you can still find Steph's recipes at http://web.archive.org/web/20080212004149/http://www.stephskitchen.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Mam, will check that out! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!