Tuesday 14 June 2022

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

  


FOR TODAY,  June 14th, 2022

Outside my window ...
Its overcast, dull, and has been raining.  It always rains on garbage day. Or snows.  Just one of my observations.

I am thinking ... 
About the goodness and providence of God, and how He always makes up for our losses in one way or another, and usually with something better.  At least that is how it has worked for me.




I am being given this doll house. I just have to go and pick it up. Plus apparently there is wooden furniture for it that I will have to put together I think.  Glass windows, etc. I am not sure where I will put it yet, but I will think of someplace!

I am thankful for ...
Where do I begin?? My cup runneth over. Family. Faith. Friends. Home. Cats . . .  but then they are also family. I truly am blessed. 

In The Kitchen ... 



Baked Turkey Meatballs with Lemon Herb Garlic Sauce. These were so delicious. Unbelievably so.  Low carb. Keto friendly. Diabetic friendly and yum yum! 

On my "To Cook" list ... 


 
Great Grub Delicious Treats.  Cheesy Ground Beef Empanadas. These look fabulous! 


Good to know ... 



I am wanting to create ... 



Winter Snow Globe Ornaments. Simpleilene on Etsy.  A pdf. I love these. I love making felt ornaments.





Holly Keller on Flickr. Love this. So cute! 




No source but . . .  Christmas in a Tea Cup. So pretty . . .




Polka Dot Chair. How to make a postage stamp quilted pillow. Cute!






Down Grapevine Lane. Handy Dandy Pouch.   


I am reading ... 


 
The Meeting Place,  Janette Oke & T. Davis Bunn

Two young women, their lives shadowed by nations in conflict, begin a friendship that will propel them on a journey from which they can never turn back....

The year was 1753, and the lines of separation were firmly drawn. The French had named the region Acadia, their "beloved home". When the British came soon after, they battled with the French on the new continent as they had in Europe for centuries.

The settlers of Acadia were either French or English, and though their villages might be but a stone's throw apart, most could go an entire lifetime without speaking to someone from the other side.

And then the chance encounter in a meadow of wild flowers...


This story revolves around the expulsion of the Acadians from Nova Scotia, and is the first in a series of books. Very good.


I am looking forward to ... 

My brother's visit in just a few weeks and my son Doug's visit in July. 


Dreaming about ...


 


Pretty pillows  . . .  


 

Cone flowers  . . .  these are so pretty . . . 


 

Floral embroidery  . . . 

 

A sea of bunting  . . . 


 

 Yes  . . . 

Something to watch ... 


Jane Eyre  . . .  the 2006 version . . . very well done.

Makes me smile ... 




Little Mac  . . . he's so sweet  . . .  Look at how tiny he is.


Corners of my kingdom ... 


Admittedly not a great photo, but this wee creature is guarding his feeder from any interlopers.  He sits there in the evening for long periods of time, chasing any other hummers off that dare to try.

A thought to carry with you  ...

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*Appreciation can make a day,
even change a life.
Your willingness to put it into
words is all that is necessary,
~Margaret Cousins•。★★ 。* 。 

And that's my daybook for this week! 


   ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
 ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 
  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 
 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       


12 comments:

  1. Marie, you're going to have so much fun decorating that beautiful dollhouse. Mac is a little sweetheart. Enjoy your day. I'm off to do my exercises. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And he is a talker! Just like my Nutmeg! He's fitting right into the family as well. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A dollhouse, so much fun. Ejoy

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Marie~ What a darling doll house! I hope you show us all the cuteness as you work on it. So many cute sewing projects, can you believe we aren't that far away from Christmas?! It's cold, windy and miserable here today, I'm not sure we will ever have summer. We've really only had a handful of warm days without wind or rain, hopefully my garden will grow. Hugs and Love, Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be upon us before we know it Barb! I hope your garden grows also! Hugs and love, xoxo

      Delete
  5. Nice doll house. Bet you'll have lots of fun with that project.
    Love the felt Christmas decorations.
    So many pretty things in this post.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!