Thursday 2 June 2022

My Favorite things . . .

 

A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitter pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥    I'm pretty sure however, that these things mainly make my own heart sing.  


 

   

Lemon Drizzle Cake  . . .  



The Trooping of the Colors at the Horseguard's Parade. This year it is especially touching as it is in celebration of the Queen's Platinum Jubilee. I love all the pomp, ceremony and pageantry.  I just think it is all wonderful. 


 

Flounces and ruffles  . . . 


 

Lily of the Valley  . . .  so pretty  . . . 


 

Hand knit  socks  . . .  


 

That little patch of sunlight we all enjoy  . . . 


 

The feeling of cool grass beneath bare feet  . . .  have not been barefoot on grass in a very long time  . . . 


 

The way that sunlight flickers down through the leaves of the trees . . .  dappling the ground in flickering lights . . . 


 

Yes, old recipes and cherry cobbler made from scratch with real cherries!


 

Fresh eggs . . . white eggs were rare in the UK.


 

Writing desks  . . . 


 
 

Pretty glassware  . . .  

 

The flower fairies  . . . I miss my fairies  . . . 


 

Early morning webs . . .  covered in dew . . .  delicate and fragile . . . works of beauty.


 

Silver tea strainers  . . .  love them  . . . 

 

Wildflowers . . .  and books about flowers, any flowers  . . . 


 

Fabric scraps . . .  oh there is a lovely garland at the fabric store at the mall, all  made from scraps  . . . 



The Queen looking very lovely in blue for her Birthday parade. I just took this from off the telly. She looks fabulous for her age. Very regal and classy. Always classy. People forget, she is not just a Queen, she is someone's mum, Grandmother, Great Grandmother . . . it always makes me sad when I see people saying hateful things  . . .  so uncalled for.


 

Denim and lace  . . . love, love, love  . . . 


And those are my favorite things for this week!

Oh I had such a fun time yesterday with Cindy. First we went to the bank. Funny thing. I took money out of one account to deposit into another via the bank machine. (two different banks) It gave me the cash and then when I went to deposit it, it wouldn't take it, so I ended up having to go inside.  And yet it had just come out from the same machine.  Walmart next, then the Dollar store. I think we walked up and down every single aisle.  We then went to lunch and had Mama Burgers. They were not so good. Too heavy on the mustard and the onion.  Then we went to the Fabric store.  (One of our favorite places.) Much damage was done, lol.  We got some fine corduroy to make car coats for Luna and a few other bits.  Then we went to Canadian Tire and then back home.  The best part, as always, spending time with my sister.  Then last night I went out for supper with my father and his friends. This week we did Chinese food, and it was very, very good. Made a nice change!

Stopped at Cindy's on the way home to bring her some chocolate and a few books. Oh, and got to see a photograph of Little Mac. He is totally adorable. He will be coming to live with Cindy in two weeks. He is like a mini Nutmeg in many ways!


A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*We must make time
to stop and thank the people
who make a difference
in our lives.
~John F Kennedy•。★★ 。* 。 




In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Norwegian Rhubarb Cake.  Quite simply delicious.


I hope that you have a fabulous day today!  A shout-out to Dan the man whose birthday it is today.  Happy Birthday Dan!  I hope you have a stupendous day filled with everything and everyone you love!

Whatever you all get up to today, be happy, be blessed and don't forget! 


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       


13 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great day for sure Elizabeth! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Fun Day!! Micheals often has fairies on sale:) FYI.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a lovely day out with Cindy and a nice dinner with your Dad and his friends. Happy Birthday, Dan. Lots of your favourites are also my favourites. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine. You are such a treasure. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  4. What a lovely day you had! Happy birthday Dan🎂
    xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun shopping trip. Voting day in Ontario. Trying to work on my front garden, but my back isn't co-operating. Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, there is nothing worse than back problems Linda. I hope that it goes off soon. xoxo

      Delete
  6. Yes I also thought the Queen looked fabulous in that beautiful shade of pale blue . The soldiers marching always takes my breath away ! So smart and sharp and the musicians are simply the best ! I like the look of that Cherry Cobbler Marie with a spoonful of clotted cream 🦋 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Queen was wonderful. I loved all of it. xoxo

      Delete
  7. I was told there was nothing they can do since when I "purchased" that initial book for $1.99 I must have signed up for something. Anyways, I have hopefully stopped them from being able to take more. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!