Tuesday 21 June 2022

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

 

FOR TODAY, June 21st, 2022

Outside my window ...

Its been light since about 5:15 am. This is the longest day of the year. The Summer Solstice. Summer begins here!  It was quite cold yesterday. I hope today is a bit warmer, although I know we will soon be complaining that it is too hot!

I am thinking ...

I am stressing a tiny bit about having to get all the things I need to get done before Sunday this week, but trying not to. At least I slept better last night! What will be will be!

I am thankful for ...

The internet and all of the resources we have available to us. That can be a great blessing when you are needing information or inspiration! 

In the kitchen ...


Chicken Caprese.  Simple to make, quick to, and very delicious!


On my "to Cook" list ...


Chelsea's Messy Apron . . .  Mexican Wedding Cookies. I have not made these in years. I had a recipe my sister had given me a long time ago that I used to make. They were fabulously delicious!


Good to know ... 




I am wanting to create ... 


Tilly and Puffin.  Not free but very cute.



Rhonda Ort.  How to make a tomato pin cushion.  



No source, but I love this. So sunny and bright! 



Love this, but again no source.  I think I may have found her on IG



Felt Toadstool Brooch. Cut Out and Keep. Cute!


I am reading ... 


 

The Meeting Place,  Janette Oke & T. Davis Bunn

Two young women, their lives shadowed by nations in conflict, begin a friendship that will propel them on a journey from which they can never turn back....

The year was 1753, and the lines of separation were firmly drawn. The French had named the region Acadia, their "beloved home". When the British came soon after, they battled with the French on the new continent as they had in Europe for centuries.

The settlers of Acadia were either French or English, and though their villages might be but a stone's throw apart, most could go an entire lifetime without speaking to someone from the other side.

And then the chance encounter in a meadow of wild flowers...


This story revolves around the expulsion of the Acadians from Nova Scotia, and is the first in a series of books. Very good. 


I am looking forward to ...

I know you are not supposed to wish your life away, but I am looking forward to getting this week over with! 


Dreaming about ... 

 


The perfect shaped tea pot  . . . 


 

Embroidered lid covers  . . . 


 

Lace Curtains  . . . 


 

Sheep in the morning mist  . . . baaa . . . 


 

Elderflower  . . .  oh the promise there  . . . 


Something to watch ... 


Girl Meets Farm, Our Farmhouse Renovation on Discovery +  What a beautiful home!


Makes me smile ... 


The vintage illustrations of Marie Madelaine Franc-Nohaine.


Corners of my kingdom ... 



Now that's what I call comfortable.  Cinnamon  . . . so sweet.


A thought to carry with you ...

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*Never will I leave you.
Never will I forsake you.
~Hebrews 13:5•。★★ 。* 。 

And that's my daybook for this week! 


   ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
 ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 
  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 
 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       




9 comments:

  1. Happy Summer! Try to relax and enjoy every moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea you have for a daybook. How cool is that! May I take the idea, tweak it to fit my needs and use it on my blog? I hope so. if so, thank you. if not... that's fine. I just enjoyed your blog so much I had to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of cute things on this post.
    I too am very grateful for the Internet and other technologies--not just for the information you can look up--but for the doors Zoom and Livestream have opened to be able to connect with others. It doesn't replace being able to be there in person, but it's definitely a next best we never had available to us before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really has been a great blessing over these past few years Sandra! I am very grateful for the ways it has enabled us to connect with our loved ones in very difficult times. It IS the next best thing to in person for sure! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!