Tuesday 30 July 2019

The Simple Woman's Daybook ...


 


FOR TODAY July 30th, 2019 


Outside my window...
Its dry at the  moment and the sun is shining, but it has been raining and it is supposed to be showery all week.  Yesterday was very humid and sticky. I don't mind heat but they can take humid and sticky and sticky it where the sun don't shine! We have a ton of wasps this year.  One tree in the back yard is covered with them.  I've already had to kill several in the house. They are the small ones, the vicious ones! 


I am thankful for ...
Raid. Wasp spray.  


One of my favourite things ...
At the moment. Raid. 


In the kitchen ...  

Today I've done a round-up of my Favourite 10 Main Dish Salads to help you keep your cool in the Dog Days of Summer!  


 On my "To Cook"  list ...  

The View from Great Island.  Double Dark Chocolate Shortbreads.

 
Good to know ...  

  
 Video Tutorial on You Tube. 


I am creating ...  

Crafts by Amanda.  Sea Glass Necklace.  Fab idea!  


   


Daisy Cottage. Quick and Simple Blanket.  


Stitching Together. Simple Star.  


Little Cotton Rabbits.  On IG.   



Sewrella.  The Avery Hat.

 

I am Reading ...  


The Silent Ones by K.L. Slater  

This morning, I was packing up lunches, ironing, putting on the laundry I should have done last night. Now my precious daughter is accused of murder.

When ten-year-old cousins Maddy and Brianna are arrested for a terrible crime, Maddy’s mother Juliet cannot believe it. How could her bright, joyful daughter be capable of such a thing? As the small village community recoils in horror, the pressure of the tragedy blows Juliet and her sister’s lives apart. And things get even worse when their daughters retreat into a self-imposed silence.

Can anyone reach Maddy and discover the truth before her fate is sealed? Juliet is crushed. Nothing will ever be the same for her darling girl. But she knows that to find out what really happened that day, she and her sister must unlock the secrets of their own terrible past, a past they swore never to speak about again…

Only just started this.  Its good thus far! 


I am looking forward to ... 
Having a good clear out. We did under the stairs yesterday, will be continuing in another area today. Its a never ending job, but it feels so good when one area is finished and you are ready to move to another one. 


Dreaming about ...  



Cute salt and pepper shakers  . . . 


  

Pale blue and white . . .  




Pretty Cake Pedestals . . .  if only I had the space  . . . 


  

If only  . . . 



Blue and white stoneware  . . . 

Makes me smile ... 

  

Grace at one  . . . 


Something to Watch ... 


Who Do You Think You Are on the BBC.  This season they are doing Daniel Radcliff, Naomi Harris and Jack Whitehall and his father to name a few. I love this show.  I love geneology. 


A thought to carry with you  ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
So do it, decide.
Is this the life you want to live?
Is this the person you want to love?
Is this the best you can be?
Can you be stronger?
Kinder? More compassionate?
Decide.  Breathe in.
Breathe out and decide.
~Merideth Gray  •。★★ 。* 。 


Corner's of my Kingdom ... 


Balintore Castle, Angus, Scotland 


 
And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 


Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   
 

8 comments:

  1. That Sue and her recipes and pics:):)Brava!
    I am making one of her cakes soon as one of the cakes for my daughter's 44th birthday..
    It's so freakin humid here too Marie..we may get rain later today..temps have hit 100 on our porch..hoping for rain..the book sounds good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything she does looks gorgeous! She's got a great talent for photography! I can't wait to see your cake. Humid here today, and it rained and now the sun is out again and it feels even stickier. Oh, I do so not love heat and humidity! xoxo

      Delete
  2. That book sounds really intriguing! Please let us know (after the fact) how you enjoyed it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marie, I'm in love with that sweet little rabbit and also the beautiful Cobb salad. Here's an easy way to remember what goes into a Cobb salad - EAT COBB - egg, avocado, tomato, chicken, onion, bacon blue cheese - yum! And those double dark chocolate shortbreads - gotta try those. Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that Elaine! EAT COBB. What a great reminder! I need to dig my knitting needles out again and knit a bunny. I am sure Grace would love one. I am not sure if I dare try the shortbreads. I like looking at them though! Love you! ((((hugs)))) xoxo

      Delete
  4. I love the corner of your kingdom photo. I have Scottish heritage so I would love to see this one.
    Your book sounds very intriguing. I will want to know the ending.
    All the recipes look yummy. I always love your crochet or knitting items to view.
    Then there is the things you are dreaming about. I do think you like blue and white like me.
    We haven't had very many wasps or bees this year. I'm a little concerned about not seeing the bees; we need them.
    Blessings and hugs for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have scottish heritage also LeAnn! Wouldn't it be nice if we were related somewhere back along the line! Love and hugs! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!