Tuesday 9 July 2019

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 
 
FOR TODAY, July 9th, 2019

Outside my window ...
The sun is shining, its dry. I can hear the birds singing.  The resident wood pigeons are flapping their wings.  They sound so awkward.  We've had a magpie visiting every morning also. He pecks at everything in the garden. 
 
I am thinking ... 
 

Today would have been mum's 87th Birthday.  My heart is filled with a mix of emotions. I am grateful that she isn't suffering any longer. I know where she is and who she is with. She is not alone or in the cold, cold ground.  She is whole again, of body and of mind and with her family who had already passed over.   I miss her so much.  There are so many times during the day I think to myself, oh mom would have loved this, or I can't wait to tell mom about that, or about how very much I miss her. I could feel her near me in the Temple last week.  Especially in the Celestial room. I am so grateful for the doctrine of Eternal Families and the knowledge that I have that this life is not all that there is.  We will be together again.  In the meantime I have a special angel watching over me.  Doesn't stop me from crying.  Doesn't stop me from mourning.  Doesn't stop me from missing her.  Happy Birthday in Heaven mom.  I love you.

I am thankful for ...
See above. 

One of my favourite things ... 


Sweet Peas  . . .  they smell so beautiful.  We don't have any in the garden at present, but we had beautiful ones that a friend from church gifted us with from down south. He was a master at growing them and they were beautiful. To me they look like hosts of butterflies getting ready to take flight.

In the Kitchen ... 

Chocolate Cinnamon Granola 

Chocolate Cinnamon Granola.  Low sugar, high protein. Delicious! 


On my "To Cook" list ... 


Pennsylvania Dutch Hot Bacon Dressing. from Bunny's Oven.  She's such a lovely gal.  I made a hot bacon dressing years and years ago.  I should dig it out. 


Good to Know ... 


 
 I am creating ... 


Left in Knots.  Easy Cotton Slipper Socks.  



Creativities.  Lacy shawl with a collar.  Beautiful.  



Esther Chandler on Ravelry. Beaded Strand Bracelet.  



Craftsy.  Five knitting edges you should know.  


Lybo on Etsy. I recently purchased this pattern and am making one of these for Grace for her Birthday. It is hard to believe she will be one year old in just a few weeks! 


I am reading ... 

  

Embracing the Broken, by Tiffany Webster (Letting go of Perfection & Living by the Power of Christ's Grace)

Say no to the perfect lie. Satan would have us believe that we need to do more, achieve all our goals, and be perfect on our own, but that's not what our Savior has said. Learn how to embrace the broken elements in your life and let the Atonement help you become more than you could ever be alone. 

A review:
This is one of those books that as you read it, you want to highlight it A LOT. I did. I want to share it with people in my life that I know would find comfort and hope from its pages. I personally identified with so many of Tiffany's emotions and struggles. I love that she shares her personal experiences and continues throughout the book keeping it very real that her life is still not without struggles. I work with Tiffany's husband so this was an especially wonderful read for me. If everyone could grasp her message today, we would all be able to experience more joy in our lives. I wish I would have had this knowledge when I was young so I could have avoided my pursuit of perfectionism in my life. It was painful. This is a wonderful book. I'd highly recommend it. Easy to read. Lots of great quotes including many from LDS leaders, but it is Christian based and I think people of religions would find the message of Being "whole" with Christ liberating like I did. (Lightreader on Amazon)

I saw a friend reading this a few weeks back and ended up downloading it on my kindle.  Its a really great book and I am really getting a lot out of it. 

I am looking forward to ... 


We are having all of the Missionaries over for our annual BBQ on Thursday night. Should be fun! 

Dreaming About ... 


Having a nice little house with a front porch to sit on on warm summer evenings  . . . 
  


  

An organised work space  . . . 




A blue and white kitchen  . . . 



Vintage-like bedroom spaces  . . . 


 

 Cosy chairs by the fire  . . . 


Makes me smile ... 

 

Every single time I look at them  . . . this is my happy window. 

Something to Watch . . . 


Jonas Brothers Chasing Happiness on Amazon Prime. I think all young people should watch this.  They might realise that nothing happens overnight and that the dream comes with a huge downside.


A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
But the Lord stood with me
and gave me strength.
~2 Timothy 4:17 •。★★ 。* 。 


Corners of my kingdom ... 


Blair Castle, Scotland  . . . 


And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 


Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   

5 comments:

  1. Aww..for a long time every occasion and more will remind you of your mom♥Your geraniums!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monique. I called my sister today and we both had a little boo hoo and then some laughs. It was good. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Glad you got to talk to your sister and share...griefs shared are definitely lessened. Sending hugs... and the doll you are making for Grace looks so darling...do share photos of how yours turns out when you are finished!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always, always love your daybook entries. I love the sweet photo of your dear Mom. I too know that my parents and brothers are busy and involved in the spirit world and I hope they are near me too.
    i love the colors of Sweet peas too. All the good looked good. I would love some good hot bacon dressing.
    You always show the best of knitting and or crocheting projects. I love the little doll you are making for your sweet little one that is turning 1 year old. That has gone fast.
    Thanks for the book recommendation. It looks like one I would love and want to mark up too.
    Our taste is so the same. I loved the white house with the front porch; I would love one just like this one. Then all the rest of the decor was wonderful. I have always wanted a blue and white kitchen. I wish I could change ours.
    Some of my ancestry comes from Scotland and I would love to see a place like that in real life.
    Blessings and hugs for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thinking that I now need to buy that book in real time instead of a kindle, because, like you, I need to mark and make notations! My ancestry also comes from Scotland. Wouldn't it be nice if we discovered that we were somehow distantly related? Love and hugs! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!