Thursday 11 July 2019

My Favourite Things . . .

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 
 

A few of the things which catch my eye, inspire me, pluck at my heart strings, make me smile, or that I just enjoy.  Maybe they will do the same for you.    
 

 
This determined little munchkin. Love her to bits. Hard to believe that in just a few weeks she will be one year old.  The time has flown by!  

 
   

Lace trimmed houses  . . . 


 
Strawberry anything  . . .  charming  . . . 
 
 
  
 
Cats in hats  . . . 


 
Jaffa Cakes . . .  one of the least naughty . . . 
 
 
  
 
Oatmeal carpeting  . . .  
  

 
Foxgloves  . . . we had one but it never came back. It was the same with our hollyhocks . . . 


 
Roasted salted pistachio nuts  . . . 
 
 
 
  
 
Anything with bees on it  . . .  this is especially pretty  . . . 


 
Bunny cutlery . . .  sign me up!  

 
 
 
 Engraved cutlery . . .  this is especially beautiful  . . . 


 
Blue and white china  . . . 
 
  
 
Old recipes . . .  especially ones from the backs of packages and stuff or old community cookbooks . . . 


 
Rag rugs  . . . . 
 
 
  
 
Pleats and ruffles  . . .  


 
The history of clothing. We had a whole section in our encyclopedia when I was growing up that I loved looking through. I must have just about worn the pages out.  

 
 
I really love our missioinaries, but I especially love it when they want to come back and see us after they have gone home. We have one coming in August to stay overnight with his wife. Can't wait!
 
 
  
 
The Lennon Sisters  . . . 

 
It held a lot of dreams  . . .  we really did used to wear these out  . . . 
 
 
  
 
Vintage Christmas ornaments  . . . 


 
Vintage Christmas candy  . . .  the candy of my childhood. 
 
 
  
 
Words . . .  stories, books, poetry, song  . . .  just words. 
 
And those are some of my favourite things.  What are some of yours?

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
The busy bee has
no time for sorrow.
~William Blake•。★★ 。* 。 
 
 

Turkey Fajitas 
 
In The English Kitchen today, Turkey Fajitas. You could also use chicken instead of turkey if you wanted to. 
 

Have a beautiful day!  We have the Missionaries coming for a BBQ later today. I hope the weather holds! Love and be loved and don't forget!
 
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   
 
 
 
 


14 comments:

  1. Hi Marie, hope the sun is shining down on your bbq today. Once again, your favourites are my favourites. Wee Grace is such a cutie! It was a happy day in our house when the Eaton's and Simpson's catalogues arrived. And Mom always had those candies in a covered candy dish on the coffee table over Christmas. I had Lennon Sisters paper dolls. And how sweet is that bunny cutlery? Enjoy your bbq. Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its not totally sunny Elaine, but its not raining either. It is actually a big muggy and close. Hopefully any rain will hold off or we just get showers at most! Oh, we had to be given times to look at the catalogue. With three of us wanting to stick our noses in it was the only way to keep peace! Oh but we were overjoyed when it did arrive however because then the dreaming could start! I had Lennon Sisters Paper Dolls also! I also had a book/novel which they starred in. They were the pop stars of their day. So clean cut and nice. I liked Janet! We always had those candies over Christmas and I remember one year we actuall got a red net stocking. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Monique, you too! I love your latest paintings! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Hi Marie~ So many wonderful finds! You got me at, cats in hats...love a cute kitten! Also the silverware, so pretty. Actually, all your finds are just beautiful, as always.

    Loved your post yesterday...happy birthday a little late to your beautiful mom...those firsts are so difficult, big hugs to you, Marie.

    Have fun with the missionaries, I'm sure you are the perfect host!! Love you tons!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb. Yes those firsts are hard, but then I expect they always will be. Love and hugs to you also. We are following the same journey this year with our individual losses. xoxo

      Delete
  4. Oh my, that pile of pistachios has me salivating! Love the rag rugs and cutlery, too. But what jingled my bells was that olden pix of the Lennon Sisters. As an only child I had such a 'girl crush' on them! (*smile*) If you're not already familiar with their autobiography, I highly recommend it: Same Song, Separate Voices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have looked for it online Mevely! I will check it out! I had a girl crush on them also! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Marie just loved your post took me back to the good old days. Most of my favorite things also. Oxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love that cutlery! And the blue and white china. A lovely post which is most cheering. Thanks!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Turkey Fajitas look so yummy. I will want to try this one.
    The photo of that little one is way adorable. Of course, the cat with the hat is a cute one.
    You had so many fun things to look at that actually brought back some memories. I love it when that happens. I need more memories to return.
    The dishes and silverware are just awesome. My Mother had gold plated silver ware with the Gledhill initial on it. i wish I had a photo of it
    The Bee dishes are really lovely. I like the strawberry set too.
    Rag rugs are the best. I think it would be fun to know how to make them. I wonder if some of these old arts will come back.
    Well as always I love your posts and this was a fun one.
    Sending loving thoughts and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace is such a dear sweet soul LeAnn! Always so happy. We just love her to bits! I think the old ways were better in so many ways. If we still practiced those old arts we would be much better off. But then again, when have you been able to buy a pair of socks worth darning lately? Hardly at all if ever! Love and hugs to you! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!