Tuesday 16 July 2019

The Simple Woman's Daybook

 
FOR TODAY, July 16, 2019 



Outside my window ...
Its very overcast. But dry so far. You can tell it has rained during the night, but the birds are chattering and Mr. Woodpigeon is sitting on top of our rose arch awaiting his breakfast rather noisily cooing his very distinctive sound.  It never varies.  


I am thinking ...
How very grateful I am for modern technology. Yesterday Doug face-timed me from Tim Hortons where he was sitting with our Eileen. It was only a brief call and I was in my jim jams having just gotten out of the shower. So thankful for these kids of mine who always think of me and make the effort try to include me in their lives.



I am thankful for ...
See above!!



One of my favourite things ...

Make-believe worlds where people can live in toadstools.  

In the kitchen ...  

Italian Chicken Salad, topped with cheese crispies. Yum!  
 


On my "To Cook" list ... 
 

Foxes Love Lemons.  Lemon Smoothies.  

Good to know ...   
 


I am creating ... 

Red Ted Art.  Tips on how to press flowers.   


Today's Creative Life. DIY Serving Tray.  

Two Shades of Pink.  Cupcak wrapper cookie pouches.  

Skip to my Lou. How to make a fortune teller.  I remember playing with these things for hours as a child.

  

Burda Style. Ms Lipsie, the pocket girl. 

I am reading ...  

The Forgotten Village, by Lorna Cook
1943: The world is at war, and the villagers of Tyneham are being asked to make one more sacrifice: to give their homes over to the British army. But on the eve of their departure, a terrible act will cause three of them to disappear forever.

 2018: Melissa had hoped a break on the coast of Dorset would rekindle her stagnant relationship, but despite the idyllic scenery, it’s pushing her and Liam to the brink. When Melissa discovers a strange photograph of a woman who once lived in the forgotten local village of Tyneham, she becomes determined to find out more about her story. But Tyneham hides a terrible secret, and Melissa’s search for the truth will change her life in ways she never imagined possible.

I only just started this last night. 


I am looking forward to ...  




Its hard to believe she is turning one very soon.  I am looking forward to her Birthday BBQ on the 27th.  Ariana has asked me if I would make Cucumber Sandwiches and my Peanut Butter Cake for it. Happy to oblidge!  


 Dreaming about ...  


   


Ruffled slip covers  . . . . 





Ruffled sweaters  . . . .  



   


Ruffled skirts  . . . .  







 Ruffled sleeves  . . . .  



   



Ruffled Curtains  . . . .  



Makes me smile ...  


  

Pretty things and the thought of sharing tea with friends  . . .  



Something to watch ... 
  

   


Poldark Season 5  . . .  its here!  


A thought to carry with you ...


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Don't ruin a good today
thinking about a bad yesterday.
~Unknown  •。★★ 。* 。  



 Corners of my Kingdom ...  




The Anchor, one of the oldest pubs in London, dating back 800 years. It was destroyed in 1666 during the great fire of London, but was rebuilt soon after. 
  



And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 


Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   

6 comments:

  1. Always so interesting...hearing of your Doug setting up a call for he and your daughter is just lovely!! (Honor thy father and thy mother that thy days may be long upon the earth)...and I so hope and pray Doug will live many years yet!! Bless his heart...what a fine man he is!! Other things here all are interesting...amazing how you find so much!!
    Sending hugs...Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth. It was only for a few minutes, but it did this mother's heart good! I hope and pray he lives a good many years yet also! xoxo

      Delete
  2. So many beautiful ruffles! We made those fortune tellers, too. Always fun to be creative with the "fortunes". I'm definitely going to make the lemon smoothie. And how cute are those cookie packages made out of cupcake holders? I love the picture of the pub with the red trim. It looked like Christmas to me. Lovely you got to speak to Doug and Eileen. You and Todd are an important part of wee Grace's life. Well, off to make coffee and read the paper. Have a beautiful day, my friend. Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We used to play with those things for hours Elaine. Also a large button and a piece of yarn for button twirlers kept us busy for days or until the yarn broke. We were easily entertained! Hope you enjoyed the coffee and paper, and that your day is equally as blessed. Love and hugs! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Love that you are hearing more ad more from the kids.LOVE.

    And soon..the Visit:)
    Ruffles and bows and chintz and old china♥
    I am so happy I can step away now knowing I don't need one more dish.
    That Varage Sale though oy tempations GALORE.
    I mea if a few Brambly Hedges popped up..at the low low low prices..I might.
    If I was younger..
    I would save and buy SB mugs..one at a time:)
    Love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I would love and buy them all as well Monique (SB) but I am old and have no money and who knows where I will end up. I have one and am content with that one. (The bluebird one) I love my kids. It pains me that I have to live so far away, but hopefully it won't be forever. I end up buying something every time I go into a charity shop. I rarely go in these days just because they are so tempting! I don't need more stuff. xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!