Tuesday 4 June 2019

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 
FOR TODAY, June 4th, 2019 


Outside  my window...
The skies are dull and grey. Its drizzling out. But even in the rain the bird sing. There's a lesson there for us all. 

I am thinking ...
About how very lucky and blessed we are that our Doug did not suffer a MAJOR heart attack. The fact that it was what it was is a miracle. I was able to speak to him yesterday. They were letting him get up and move around his room which he was happy about because it meant he could use the loo instead of a bed pan. There will be a long road to recovery and big changes will need to be made . . .  a total lifestyle change. Praying that he can do the things he needs to do and that he will get all the support he needs to do them.


I am thankful for ...
The miracles of modern medicine and technology. This meant that within hours my son had the best care possible and that I was able to keep abreast of the situation the whole time. So grateful. 

One of my favourite things ... 

1950's-60's television shows.  There was no swearing or nudity, no major violence. It was just nice television and I don't find them corny at all. Well, for the most part anyways. I love them. 

In the kitchen ... 
Creamy Baked Haddock 
Creamy Baked Haddock.  Delicious!  

On my "To Cook" list ... 
Not Quite Nigella.  The London Fog Earl Grey Tea Cake.  Looks and sounds fabulous!  

Good to know ... 
You just have to love Anne and her view on things. 

I am creating ... 
  

Crochet Flower Bookmarks. I could not find a source for each of them, but I did find this by Marianna Mel on Ravelry. Cute! 

The Sweetest Needlebook.  A free pattern from Ann Wood.  

Attic 24.  Japanese Flower Scarf.  

Designed by Betty.  Flower Brooch. Dandelion inspired.


Expressing Life.  25 cute matchboxes for every occasion.  

I am reading ... 
What the Wind Knows, by Amy Harmon 
Anne Gallagher grew up enchanted by her grandfather’s stories of Ireland. Heartbroken at his death, she travels to his childhood home to spread his ashes. There, overcome with memories of the man she adored and consumed by a history she never knew, she is pulled into another time.

The Ireland of 1921, teetering on the edge of war, is a dangerous place in which to awaken. But there Anne finds herself, hurt, disoriented, and under the care of Dr. Thomas Smith, guardian to a young boy who is oddly familiar. Mistaken for the boy’s long-missing mother, Anne adopts her identity, convinced the woman’s disappearance is connected to her own.

As tensions rise, Thomas joins the struggle for Ireland’s independence and Anne is drawn into the conflict beside him. Caught between history and her heart, she must decide whether she’s willing to let go of the life she knew for a love she never thought she’d find. But in the end, is the choice actually hers to make?

I only just started this last night.  Very good thus far. 


I am looking forward to ...
Seeing the Geraniums on my dining area window sil bloom.  I am curious as to what colour they will be.  Todd says he got a mixed batch. 



Dreaming About ... 



Milk in glass bottles . . .  love the sound of them being delivered in the morning . . .  



   


Embroidered cloths  . . . .  





Unexpected visitors  . . . always welcome . . .   



 
 

Fledglings  . . .  





Lace and ruffles  . . .    


Makes me smile ... 
I dreamt of my mother the other night.  It was crystal clear.  I got to touch her cheek and feel her hair and talk to her . . .only for a moment.    


Something to watch ... 



When They See Us on Netflix. Compelling drama based on a true story.  


A thought to carry with you  ...  


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Remember
no one can make you
feel inferior
without your consent.
~Eleanor Roosevelt
•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。  


Corners of my kingdom ... 

  


Dove Cottage in the Lake District.  William Wordsworth lived here for a time with his sister Dorothy.  


And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 


Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   
 

 

8 comments:

  1. I am sure your son will follow directives..this is frightening and he will heed the advice:)So happy for you all!!
    Love dreams like that:) rarely..never...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope so Monique! I just wish I could remember what my mother and I were talking about. All I can remember is I was saying, do you want me to call the Doctor as I stroked her face. I think I repeated that several times, and then I woke up. xoxo

      Delete
  2. So glad Doug is doing well...not a fun thing, but sounds like he should be ok if he can do what is needed. You know, here where we are...though my husband collapsed and had to go to ER over a month ago...other than the brief visit with the ER doc...he has not YET SEEN a real doc...seems like when you are retired medical care is next to nonexistent!! We are going AGAIN to the clinic today in hopes of actually talking to a REAL doc...but chances are probably won't happen. Hope all continues well for your son!!
    Hugs, Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth. I hope he can be strict with himself and do the things he needs to do! I am praying for you and your husband. It shouldn't be that way! Unbelievable but I know what you mean. Once you reach a certain age you go the back of the queue! Not right! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  3. I am happy your beloved son is doing well - he will be better every day. And how wonderful to be with your mother again in a dream. I find such dreams carry me through for days.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Mary! Yes, the dream was really special. xoxo

      Delete
  4. I am just so grateful that your dear son is doing well. Modern medicine is a miracle and prayers do work.
    I too loved the TV shows in the 50's and 60's. It is so sad that it isn't as clean and good now as it was then.
    The recipes look delicious.
    I especially love the Japanese Flower Scarf.
    You always reading the most intriguing books; this looks like a good one.
    Oh, the good old days when they delivered milk. I love the embroidery cloth; so beautiful.
    I really loved your dream. I don't dream about my parents very often but would love to have one.
    Sending loving thoughts, prayers, and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always have very vivid dreams LeAnn, and when I have one of my loved ones in my dreams it is really precious. Love and hugs to you! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!