Thursday 13 June 2019

My Favourite Things . . .

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 
 
A few of the things which catch my eye, inspire me, pluck at my heart strings, make me smile, or that I just enjoy.  Maybe they will do the same for you.     

 

 
Salt and Pepper Shakers.  I have always loved them.  I tend to collect them.  There used to be a restaurant in town when I was a teen, called the Shaker Restaurant. Its a Chinese Restaurant now. It was called the Shaker Restaurant because it had one wall filled with collected salt and pepper shakers.   

 

 
I also love Cream and Sugar sets.  I collect them too. Sadly Todd broke the creamer in my Lefton Blue Bird set one day, so I only have the sugar dish now.  Sigh  . . . never cry over spilt milk and broken creamers.  


 
 

 
Daphne's Diary.  I adore anything Daphne. I bought her Christmas magazine last year and it is the most beautiful thing.  Such inspiration for the artful mind. 
  


 
Anything with cherries on it.  Cannisters, linens, dishes . . .  you name it. If it has cherries on it, I am in love. 
 
 
   
 

 
Primitive Art.  This is by Ryan Conners.  I love it.  People think it doesn't take any skill to paint like this. I can tell you it does. Its extremely hard to paint like this and not want to do "more" to the painting. To dumb it down and still have something that people like to look at.  I can't do it. I always add too much. There is beauty in simplicity.  
 

 
 
Art collages.  Once again very hard to do.  This one is by Claire Fletcher.  Susan Branch is the master at it. Its not easy to get everything to fit into a collage in a way that is attractive to the eye. 
 
 
  
 
Vintage Hats, especially hats with netting.  I could never wear a hat without feeling stupid. I don't think they suit me or my style or my big head, but I love to look at them, and envy those who can pull it off. 
 
 
Ballet  . . .  I could watch it for hours.  I used to wish I could take dance lessons when I was a child.  I don't think I was graceful enough.  Ballet dancers are so very graceful  . . . . 
 
 
 
  
 
Did you want a Bride Doll when you were a little girl?  So did I.  I still love Bride Dolls.  I have always loved dolls of any kind actually. 
 
 
 
Inspirational Quotes.  I love them. 
 
 
  
 
The smell of bread baking.  My mom made beautiful bread. So did my ex husband.  To me the smell of bread baking is a beautiful thing.  I can remember coming home from school once, before my mom started working and I could smell bread baking from outside the house.  What a sweet memory. 
 
 

 
Bunny noses  . . .  there is nothing sweeter . . . . 
 
 
 
 
 
Oops  . . .  yes there is.  Its called the "Kissing Spot." 



 
Dim Sum.  I have only ever had it once.  Chinese Brunch. I had it at a Chinese Restaurant in Toronto called The Pink Pearl with my ex In-laws.  All these little steamed bamboo baskets on rolling trollies that they push around the restaurant and they stop at your table and you pick and choose as they come by, adding it all up at the end.  Delicious. 
 
 

Vintage Pyrex . . .  any kind. Any colour. 




The idea of living in a Tree House  . . .  mind you my tree house living days are long gone  . . .   



Cake.  Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake.   I am sure you get the idea.  I'm not biased.   I will take it any way, any how.


 And those are my favourite things for this week.  What are some of yours???

A thought to carry with you  . . .  

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
And into the forest I go,
to lose my mind and
find my soul.
~Unknown  •。★★ 。* 。  



 Maple Baked Beans on Toast 

In the kitchen today  . . .  Maple Baked Beans on Toast.  Yummy!

Can you believe I have had to put the heat on this morning???  I know . . .  its the middle of June!

Have a beautiful day!  Love and be loved and don't forget!
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   

 



 
 

 

 
 

4 comments:

  1. Good morning, Marie. Can't sleep so here I am reading your blog. Your favourites are my favourites. Love everything you love including the Daphne's Diary magazine. A friend introduced me to it with the Christmas issue. I love beans, I love toast but they'd better not be touching each other, lol. I would never have cake and ice cream or pie and ice cream together. The ice cream had to be in a separate little dish. Funny how we all have our food idiosyncrasies. And that wasn't just bread you were smelling, that was love. It's pretty cool here, too. Still have flannelette sheets on the bed. Stay warm and cozy. Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the first and only issue I have Elaine. Love at first sight. Maybe I will one day be able to get more! I would probably gross you out if you saw what I like. Pea Soup or Tomato soup, with crackers crumbled into it until it is like a bowl of mush, with salt and pepper on top and a knob of butter. Yes, we do all have our food idiosyncrasies! It was pure love Elaine, pure and simple! Love and hugs to you! xoxo

      Delete
  2. You would love my Varage sale.Collections of S and P shakers for a song..Daphne's diary is sold here but so $$$$$$ I can't wrrant it.But have glanced through 1 and ♥I follow on IG;)
    Yes sweet spots on babies..those necksOMG..I miss that so much..
    I just read Nanaville..Anna Quindlen..expected so much more..it was just ok for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen that one. You are a really quick reader Monique! I have been an Anna Quindlen fan since Black and Blue. I had not heard of this one. Yes, Daphne's Diary is very expensive which is why I only have one, lol. I got it on sale after the fact. Its a December issue. Love and hugs. xoxo PS - I would LOVE LOVE to go to one of your Varage sales! I bet there are lots of treasures to be found!

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!