Thursday 6 June 2019

My favourite things . . .

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 
A few of the things which catch my eye, inspire me, pluck at my heart strings, make me smile, or that I just enjoy.  Maybe they will do the same for you.     
 
Old tea cups  . . . I love them all.  Why is it that tea tastes better in a tea cup? There's just no denying it. Tea cups are the only best way to enjoy a hot cuppa.  
Cotton nighties . . .  now that the warmer months have arrived, I switch to cotton nighties. You know if I could get away with it, I would spend all day in my nightie . . . . 


Anything Potter  . . .  anything.  So charming  . . . 
  
Hot buttered crumpets  . . .  with I had a real fire to toast them over  . . . 


Tasha Tudor  . . .  she lived the dream  . . . 
  
The windows . . .  the floor  . . .  the light fixtures  . . .  



Painted wood furniture  . . .  I love this desk  . . . 
  
Warm and cosy  . . .  wouldnt it be lovely to sit in that chair and shell peas or snap beans while the kettle bubbled away and the logs cracked and snapped in the stove  . . .  
Country roads  . . .  I can hear the cicadas humming and the bees buzzing  . . .  
  
  
It was the pinnacle of sophistication  . . .   
I can still smell the smell of the face wash  . . .  
  

  
Foxgloves  . . .  


Clay pots  . . . 
  
Country stiles  . . .  there was a crooked man  . . . 


June roses  . . .  they are at their best  . . . 
  
French milled soaps  . . .  tres belle  . . . 


Audrey  . . . 
  
Pearls  . . . 


Cake filled with jam and cream . . . . 
  
Buttercups  . . .  do you like butter?  (Did you play that game when you were a child?) 


Poldark  . . .  we've started watching it again  . . . 
  
Can't wait until my geraniums look like this  . . . 


Incredibly moreish  . . .  they come in other flavours, but these are my favourites  . . . 
  
Nature  . . . with the exception of animals killing animals.  I know they do it to survive but I don't like watching it.  

Rocking chairs on front porches  . . .  where you can sit and watch the world walk by  . . . 
And those are my favourite things for this week.  What are some of yours?
A thought to carry with you  . . . 
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Normality is a paved road;
Its comfortable to walk,
but no flowers grow  . . . 
~Vincent van Gogh ° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 
 My son continues to do well.  I have tiny conversations with him every day on the messenger. He is quite tired and is not yet walking very far from his bed. He thinks they will send him home today, but I worry about that.  If he is not up and walking around the halls of the hospital, how will he cope at home?  Please keep him in your prayers.  Thank YOU! ♥


 Madeira Cake 
There's a very British cake in the kitchen today  . . .  Madeira Cake.  So good with a hot cuppa.


Have a beautiful day!  Love and be loved and don't forget!
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   





6 comments:

  1. Sweetness Marie:)Many of the same faves here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Daddy was always changing around the kitchen when I was growing up. That green and white checker floor looks nice, but it showed every dried water droplets or what not from the two Chihuahua puppies water bowls. Hope you're doing well and son isn't sent home too soon.xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope he isn't also! I think they try to push people out of hospitals far too quickly these days! xoxo

      Delete
  3. That little green desk is SO me! (If wishes were horses, that is!)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!