Wednesday 8 May 2019

Wednesday This and That . . .


Oh boy was I up late this morning.  I didn't get up until gone 6 am.  I had one of those nights last night where I really didn't sleep. I just dreamt all night long. And kept waking up from my dreams.  I think we all have nights like that every now and then. 

Then I got on here this morning to do my thing and logged into Instagram to post my recipe and I got distracted.  That is not hard to do.  I follow Kaley Cuaco (Big Bang Theory) and I saw she had posted some videos, and so I ended up watching those, and then I hopped onto something else, and then something else, and before I knew it I had wasted fifteen minutes and not even posted my recipe yet!  I can get so easily distracted on things like Instagram and Pinterest.  I go on to do one thing and end up doing about a bazillion others!  Is anyone else like that?  I also can't go into a grocery store and come out with just bread and  milk.  Todd can . . .  I can't.  I always see something else I need. 



So I am thinking this is basically finished now.  I  might make a little paper tea-pot, I'm not sure.  In any case I don't know if I should afix the things so they don't move around or let whoever buys it put them where they want them?  The toadstool is afixed and so is the cat on the branch.  What do you think? 


I had an absolutely wonderful time watching Grace yesterday afternoon while her mom went for her driving lesson.  She actually fell asleep on me.  Its been a very long time since I have had a baby fall asleep in my arms.  She's so sweet.  She slept for an hour about, but we had a whole nother hour to play and have fun. 

  

She's just the most delightful little sweetheart and just fills my heart with joy. I never got to do anything with my own grands because I live so far away. The only one I saw when he was small was Gabriel and he was 2 when I saw him and got to play with him.  I did see Maryn when she was 3 and Jake also, but the rest were a whole lot older.  I missed out on those joys.  

I had brought a fruit bar with me for her to enjoy and she really enjoyed it.  She was having a bite/suck on it and then she would hold it out for me to.  She thought that was really funny.  I thought she was very generous. ☺

  

Rabbit came home with me as she needs a mending job done.  There is a hold in her face and of course her arm has come away.  I need to re-attach it and then do up the dress again.  Apparently this is one of Grace's favourite toys.  That makes me feel good, to know that something I made for her is something she loves.  I made lots of things for Maryn but never got to see her with any of them.  I don't even know if she got any of them really. I would have liked to see her with them, but c'est la vie!  I am getting to experience that with Grace, and I feel blessed because of it.


  

I got my Relief Society Lesson pretty much sorted.  Its based on two talks this time.  One by Elder Gong from the last conference entitled Good Shepherd, Lamb of God, and  one by Bishop W. Christopher Waddell entitled Just as He Did.  Both were great talks and I remember really getting a lot out of them when I watched them during Conference in April.  Its kind of hard to work out a lesson based on two talks, but I hope I have done them both justice. We will see!  I got a lot out of them, and that's  just as important! 



I spoke to my sister for a bit and I created a banner for her shop Lost Lovelies Found.  She has a whole lot of lovely things in there now, and I have noticed she is growing in followers, so that is a good thing.  I really hope it catches on!  I think she has a wonderful eye for these things!  I really want her to be successful.  She deserves it.  She worked so hard taking care of mom over these past almost six years, and I know it wasn't easy at times. It was a true labour of love and I was always and am always so grateful for her service to mom and our family, and now she is doing the same for Dad, except he is independant and doesn't need much looking after . . .  yet!  Anyways, I hope she does well with this!! 

  

Our beans are sprouting.  We have bush beans, yellow and green.  We have them planted in containers up in our bedroom, which we will re-plant out in the garden at the end of the month.  In the actually garden itself, we have runner beans. I guess we will have plenty of beans this year!  Its a good thing because I love, LOVE beans!  We aren't growing any other vegetables.  But our fruit trees and our blueberry bushes, and other fruit bushes look like they are going to be abundant this year, plus we have lots of bloom on the strawberry plants.    I am really pleased about that!  
 


We watched the latest episode of GOT last night. No spoilers, but I will say it wasn't as violent as the previous episode had been, and it wasn't as dark.  I hate it when shows are so dark that you can't actually see what is happening in them.  


  

The dragons in the show are magnificent.  They would have never been able to do this show as realistically 20 years ago.  Computers have made things much easier now.  When you watch older shows and films they technology in them almost seems corny, but at the time was also cutting edge. One wonders how far it will go! 
  


I was so pleased to hear of Prince Harry and Meghan's baby being born a couple of days ago.  This is such a lovely young couple and they are clearly besotted with each other.  Today we should find out what they have named their little boy.  The press/media drives me crazy at times.  They build people up just so they can tear them down.  They seem to forget that the Royals are people too, with feelings etc.  I would never want to be in the public eye, not in any way.  There is a terrible price to pay.  In any case, I am made up for Harry and Meghan and the newest addition to the family.  Harry was positively beaming from ear to ear when he was announcing it. That was one proud papa/husband. So happy for them.  


I am in love with the Emma Bridgewater vegetable garden stuff . . .  the plates, the platters, the bowls, the storage containers, etc.  I especially love the tomatoes, artichokes and the courgettes.    

 


But then again I also love her black toast line  . . .   I do actually think the two would complement each other  . . . 

   

In a very interesting sort of way . . . 

Yes, I do have millionaire tastes and a pauper's budget.  I dream a lot.  But what else are dreams for, but to dream.  I would never want to be without my dreams, and dreams can and do come true quite often.  I was just saying to Todd yesterday, when we were at Ariana's how lucky I was.  I won a dishwasher a few years back, and I won the Turkey Award that time, and I had a book published, and I have this job now writing.  I am just living the most amazing life filled with a bazillion blessings!

I best leave you with a thought for the day now! 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
You are not a drop in the ocean,
You are the entire ocean in a drop.
~Rumi  •。★★ 。* 。 



Chocolate Chip Banana Bread 

Baking in The English Kitchen today  . . .  Chocolate Chip Banana Bread.  Scrumptiously tasty!

Have a wonderful Wednesday.  Its raining cats and dogs here.  Don't forget! 


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  
 
And I do too! 




 





4 comments:

  1. Grace is grace in your life.
    NOTHING better.
    So glad you have her to love and hold.
    They love us unconditionally.♥And we adore them.

    You are blessed!
    I love Emma Bridgewater too but yikes even if I could get some..too $$$
    Love the toast line.
    I don't have any..
    Emma and Cath not available here at all like in the UK.

    She must be a zillionaire.

    Bébé looks cute and Harry is smitten for sure:)
    Lovely clips on the news now.

    Have a great day!
    I saw your sister's things on FB..GREAT EYE!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never would have guessed when we had Ariana living with us that one day I would be thus blessed Monique! I treasure these moments! Oh, if I could only win the lottery! All of my friends would be gifted with a piece of Emma or Cath to their liking! That's a promise! Isn't baby adorable, and I love that Meghan, like Catherine isn't ashamed to show her post baby body and be proud. My sister has a fabulous eye for collectables for sure! I know she will be encouraged by your comment! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Hi Marie, don't you just love the new royal baby's name - Archie Harrison - so cute. I was looking at your sister's shop and noticed the sweet little covered butter dish. I recognized it as part of a set given to children to teach them how to set a proper table because my mom had the exact same one and I had researched it. Apparently, there might have been a cream and sugar, spooner, and perhaps a cake plate in the set. What fun that would have been. Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I do Elaine. I think it is the perfect name! I will have to share what you have shared about the butter dish with my sister. She will love that! Thank YOU so much! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!