Tuesday 21 May 2019

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 
FOR TODAY, May 21, 2018

Outside my window ...
The sun is shining, the birds are singing . . .  there are quite a few darkish clouds though, so not sure how long it will last.  
 

I can still see the moon . . . peeking out from the bottom of that cloud.  The thing about the weather over here is it can change in an instant.  


I am thinking ...
Sorry about yesterday.  I was just having a not so good day, emotionally and otherwise. We all have them every now and then.  


I am thankful for ...  


The best gift my parents ever gave me. A best friend for life. 

One of my favourite things ...  

  

I remember when I was first married.  You could often get ten boxes for $1 on special at the little grocery shop at the bottom of our road.  We practically lived off the stuff at times.  I hear it isn't the same anymore.  Pity that. 

In the kitchen ...  

 Greek Casserole 

Greek Casserole.  Small batch, made using leftover roast beef.  Layers of macaroni, a delicious meat sauce, cheese and a topping of rich bechamel.  This is REALLY good! 

On my "To Cook" list ...  

Recipe Tin Eats.  Thai Chicken Satay Skewers. Love Thai Flavours. 

Good to know ...  

I am creating ...  

   

I think my little vignette box is finished now. The box itself is about 6 by 8 inches in size. Decoupaged with Alice in Wonderland book pages.  With paper mache toadstool, dress with a silver key in the apron pocket,  tiny Mary Jan shoes and Mad Hatter's hat, a house of cards, the Chesire cat on a branch in the sky, a small glass bottle with a silver spoon sayng drink me, a watch/clock face and a tiny china tea pot. It was fun putting it together.  Now I just have to figure out how to sell it and what I should charge for it. 

I've been painting more flowers to cut out.  Cut them all out while we were watching the telly last night.  Yesterday I also made some Bumble Bees.  They are now cut out also. I was quite happy with how they turned out. I think I will make some more. 

  

I love these dainty little textile brooches by textile artist Michelle Stephens. (apparently)  I can't seem to find any web page for her however.   Her work is just darling. 

Hen's Teeth.  I also love the textile work of Viv Sliwka.   


And then there is the work of Pea Pod Design.  Love her stuff also. There are so very many talented people out there.  Its quite remarkable! 

I am reading ... 
 

 

The Dashwood Sisters Tell All, by Beth Pattillo  

 Ellen and Mimi Dodge have never been close, but their mothers dying wish sends them on a walking tour of Hampshire, England, that follows in the footsteps of Jane Austen.

Their mother also left them something else: a diary that belonged to Janes sister Cassandra. These pages shed light on the secrets that nearly tore the Austen sisters apart and inspired one of the greatest love stories of all time. They also bring Jane to life in a way that no one has ever seen before: through the eyes of her sister.

As the Dodge sisters embark on their walking tour, they too are drawn together in ways they never expected. They also discover that Cassandras diary holds secrets, and someone doesnt want Ellen and Mimi to discover the truth. As they stumble on their way toward love, the women learn how Jane and Cassandra Austen inspired the original Marianne and Elinor Dashwood and come to realize that despite their very different personalities, they are a vital part of each others happy endings.

I have only just started this. 


I am looking forward to ...
I should get my next writing assignment later today.  I have enjoyed doing the first two. My first one was on Carving Knives, and the second on Paring knives.  I wonder what the next will be. 


Dreaming about ...  




Running through fields of wild flowers  . . .  just running  . . .   



   


Lace petticoats and leather boots  . . .  just my style  . . .   



  

Mother and child  . . . 
  


   


Embroidered lace, cutwork and buttons  . . .  




Patterns of light  . . .  
  

Makes me smile ...  


   


Mr and Mrs . . .  


Something to watch  ...  




The Way We Were.  Watched this last night with Todd.  Can you believe I had never seen it?? It was pretty good. Little inconsistencies always bug me in films however  . . .  like his haircut although he was in the Navy. It never changed.  The fact that she still looked as pretty and young at the end of the film as she did at the beginning, although some 30+ years had passed.  We should be so lucky.  Aside from little niggling things like that, it was an okay film, and I love Barbra Streisand's singing.  


A thought to carry with you  ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
You can't go back and 
change the beginning,
but you can start where you are
and change the ending.
~C. S. Lewis  •。★★ 。* 。 

Corners of my kingdom ... 


Our beans are thriving.  We have about 6 pots of them.  Lots of yumminess to look forward to . . . 


And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 


Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   


 







5 comments:

  1. No need to apologize..in fact if you're not up to writing some days..don't and just step away.Every day twice a day is a lot.

    Glad things seem better today and the bees are the bees knees.
    Are there craft venues in your area?Or a gift shop that could sell your sweet 3D?
    Mailing might be precarious no?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if it was well wrapped in bubble wrap, it would fare okay. I tend to wear my heart on my sleeve and then when it gets stomped on I really feel it Monique. I need to develop a thicker skin methinks! It always surprises me when people are mean! Perhaps because I am not a mean person myself. Plus there was Sunday and my mom's memorial and missing yet another milestone. Its tough to be so far away sometimes. xoxo

      Delete
  2. You are brave to even be online, Marie...takes an awfully thick skin not to be hurt here I think!! Hard day here too...Hubby was to have had his MRI...but due to some circumstances we could not control, we were late...so have to try again next week. I so hope the delay won't make his problem worse!! I hate medical practices here...so uncaring. NO compassion at all. VERY hard to deal with. But this too shall pass I hope. Take care of yourself, Marie. I have found so very few really can be a support to others!! Love all your ideas, as usual.
    hugs, Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth! I do good most of the time but I have my moments when my skin is very thin indeed! It is increasingly becoming like that with anything medical here in the UK also. More to do with over worked people who are underpaid and a lot of foreigners who really have such a different culture and bedside manner that it doesn't translate well. Hopefully your Husband's MRI will go forward as proposed next week! Praying to that end. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!