Monday 13 May 2019

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

 
 
"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard  

A few of the small and wonderful things from the past week which brought untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best.  
 
 
These are the lovely flowers that we all bought to put on my mom's grave yesterday.  I think my sister picked a really beautiful arrangement.  Mom would have loved them.  Mom always took photographs of every floral arrangement she was ever sent. Yesterday was hard because I miss my mom so much.  I  love her so much.  I know she is in a better place and free from pain and whole again, but a huge hole has been left in our lives where she once lived.  Although I am not in a hurry to get there, I take comfort in knowing we will see each other again one day and that she is loving me still. Love you too mom. Love you too  . . . 
 

 
Heard from three of my babies yesterday.  I expected that would be the case.  I was not disappointed.  My middle son actually called me once on Saturday and twice yesterday.  The first time he was on his own and we had a lovely chat and the second time was only brief so that his boys could wish me a Happy Mother's Day.   
 
  
 
My oldest son sent me this photo.  Best Mother's day pressie ever.  Loved seeing the boys.  They are growing up so fast.  I think they are pretty handsome, but I am biased I know.  Gabe looks a lot like his father at the same age.  Luke does too.  They are both beautiful combinations of their beautiful parents. 
 
And of course I spoke to our Eileen on messenger and her husband Tim sent me Happy Mother's day wishes.  I am at peace.  Love all of my children and love all of my grandchildren so very much.  

 
 
We have had a very poorly dog through the night.  I started realising something was wrong with her when we first went to bed.  She wasn't her usual enthusiastic self about her bed snacks.  Then I woke up about 10 hearing her being sick in the hall.  Got up and cleaned that up and had more to clean up this morning, but she hasn't been sick since I got up.  I have not fed her this morning, just made sure she has plenty of fresh water.  She is sleeping now.  I hope she will be feeling better soon . . .  its hard when your pets are ill because they can't really tell you how they are feeling.  You have to know them and notice when they are quite not being themselves.
 
 
  
 
This little sweetheart who has forged a place in our hearts. She was asleep at church yesterday so I didn't get to make a fuss over here, but that's okay, I will get to make a fuss over here this afternoon when we go to baby sit her while Ariana has her driving lesson later on. I am looking foward to that for sure. She's a little doll. Grace.  She is very aptly named.  I think that Ariana and Jose are going to be trying for another one soon, so that there is not too much age space between Grace and whoever comes next.   They are such good parents and such good friends to us.  Love them all. 
 
 
 
Having my lesson for RS finished for the month. Whew!  I am not sure I am entirely any good at teaching, but I do my best and I love this opportunity I have each month to really dig into the scriptures and conference talks and share my findings with the sister and have them share their thoughts with me.  I love belonging to this special family of believers and having this spiritual home to come to each Sunday where I get to rub elbows and hearts with like-minded people, where I get to partake of the sacrament and renew my Baptismal covenants.  There is no place I would rather be on a Sunday morning than there.  
 
 
These two  . . .  
 
  
 
Yesterday was a beautiful, bright sun-shiny day and today looks to be more of the same.  I love bright sun-shiny days.  
 
I am blessed.

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
We cannot force someone to 
hear a message they are not ready
to receive  . . . 
but we must never under-estimate
the power of a seed.
~unknown  •。★★ 。* 。 
 
 

Churro Banana Splits 
 
In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Churro Banana Split Boats.  Simple.


Have a wonderful Monday.  I hope your week ahead is filled with plenty of small and wonderful things. Don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  
 
And I do too! 


 

 


5 comments:

  1. LOvely blooms and baby.I know it's hard..:( Take care Marie..I have run out of words..I just keep repeating myself and you don't need that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries Monique. Life is still very very good. I had a sweet, sweet time with Grace yesterday afternoon. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Oh, I do hope your sweet dog gets to feeling better. Those are such tender photos of your dear one.
    I am so happy you had a lovely Mother's day and heard from your children. I felt blessed to hear from mine too. The photo of your grandson's is precious.
    I miss my Mom so much and especially hard on Mother's Day. I would love to hear her voice. I know how hard this first one is without her. The flowers are beautiful that your sister got.
    Your little Grace is adorable and I am happy you have sweet friends that share her.
    I would love to hear one of your lessons; I know you have to be a fabulous teacher.
    Sending happy thoughts and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much LeAnn! Oh, I am not sure I am a fabulous teacher, but I do try. Love, hugs and blessings to you and Roger! xoxo

      Delete
  3. ((BIG HUGS)) my friend... I know how hard Sunday must have been for you, missing you Mom. Glad you had love and light from family and friends. So hope Mitzie will be better soon... Pets, they are our babies. :/ Grace is sooo beautiful...And how much your grand kids are growing up...goodness!! LOVE YOU!! :)))

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!