Thursday 6 December 2018

My Favourite Things . . .


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 

A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitty pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥     

Pretzel sticks.  Pretzels altogether. I love them.  Crisp. Crunchy. Salty. Great with Kool-Aid. (Now that's something I haven't had in forever!) 


I'm an adult, but I'm not afraid to admit that I like Kool-Aid.  I couldn't drink it now because of the Diabetes, unless it was sugar free, I guess.  And its all artificial, so its not good for you, but I always loved it.  Especially the red one.  I can remember drinking it as a special treat when I was a child, and if it came in one of those coloured aluminium cups, it was even better.  


Do you remember these??  Why did everything taste better in them?  We didn't have them at home.  We had these  . . . 


The Tupperware cups, but  my mom didn't have the caddy.  Just the cups.  My grandmaman had the spoons and they were put together as some sort of arrangement on her coffee table in the little lounge she had just off the kitchen. I remember them clearly.  It was kind of pretty actually. 


  

The way the Christmas Tree used to smell when my father brought it into the house. Like a forest . . .  a pine forest, and so fresh and green. I still love that smell. To me it smells just like Christmas.   If I find a candle that smells like that I always buy it.  



White linens  . . .  towels, sheets, pillow cases . . .  white is my favourite. 


  

Beatrix Potter books  . . .  the illustrations.  They are so lovely. 



Old children's books  . . .  I love the smell, the stories, the illustrations  . . .  


  

Reading is one of my favourite things and has always been one of my favourite things  . . .  when you can read, opening a book is like travelling into a whole new world.  I cannot imagine not being able to read, or not enjoying it. 


If you want to get lost, I can't think of a better place to get lost in than in a book . . .  



Story book cottages . . .  they look like a wonderful place to live . . . 



Teddy bears  . . . 


  

Flower-sprigged dresses  . . .  with lace and ribbons  . . . 



Wooden gates and the sound the latch makes when they shut  . . .  


  

Windows that look like this  . . .  don't you feel that if you crawled out that window, you would be crawling out into a magical world? 


Embroidery and lace  . . .  


  

Quilts to keep you warm  . . . 


Gingerbreadmen  . . .  run, run as fast as you can  . . .  


  

Beautifully wrapped packages  . . .  you almost hate to unwrap them  . . . 




Twinkle lights   . . .  anywhere, anytime, anyhow  . . . 



Christmas markets . . . villages.  I never have any money to spend, but I like to wander  . . .  


  

Scented candles  . . .  I love LOVE them . . . 


And with that I better stop or I will go on forever . . .  wait, just one more  . . .
  


Danish butter cookies  . . . 

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
If you want to be holy,
be kind  . . . 
~ F Beuchner   •。★★ 。* 。 


Ravioli Lasagna 

In the English Kitchen today  . . . . Ravioli Lasagna.  Its a doddle. 

My friend Tina and I are going out to lunch today at a Lebanese Restaurant that just opened.  They invited me to review it and I could bring someone with me.  I think I would like to treat Tina to a free lunch, so away we go!  Hope your day is filled with lots of your favourite things.  Don't forget! 


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   






8 comments:

  1. Hi Marie, loving all your favourites today. One of my New Years resolution was to read more, and I have, kind of. I'm using Audible and love it!. I plug my earphones in and while I'm doing my housework or George is watching TV I listen to my book. I'm on my 4th Christmas book in a row! I know it's not the same as having a real life book but I can multi-task, what's not to love?!!

    Wow! A restaurant critic! Now that's a way to earn a living!! I've never had Lebanese but I bet it's amazing. I hope you and Tina have a great time, I know you will. You can't beat a free lunch! Lot's of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate, you and George need to try this place out the next time you are at Cheshire Oaks. Comptoir Libanais. The atmosphere was fantastic and the food was really good! We had a wonderful time! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. I used to love drinking milk when eating pretzels as a child. It doesn't sound so good now though. Kool-aid was okay but my favorite was Fizzies. They looked like Alka-Seltzer tablets and you dropped them in a glass of water and watched them fizz. They were fun. I do remember those aluminum cups. We didn't have them though a few of our friends did. Thank you for the trip down memory lane Marie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think we had Fizzies in Canadam Nary, and I only got to use those aluminium cups when at friend's houses because we did not have them at home, but I thought everything tasted better in them! Happy days! xoxo

      Delete
  3. I agree there is nothing that quite beats the smell of pine. I do miss having a fresh cut tree in my home for Christmas. That ravioli recipe sounds very good and I may just try laying mine with cheese next time I fix it. It sounds delicious. Hope you have a wonderful lunch and enjoy the company of your dear friend. Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam, we did have a lovely lunch and have plans to go back sometime! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  4. Hi Marie!

    When we were going through my mom's stuff, we found some of those long ice tea spoon from Tupperware...I think they threw them away, I wish I would have kept them, but then my kids would throw them away one day!

    I don't know why things tasted better in aluminum glasses...it doesn't really sound all that appealing, but it was!

    I just don't understand people who don't read. And, wouldn't it just be wonderful to snuggle up in one of those adorable cottages and read a good book? I don't think they have those wonderful cottages in the US, only only in the UK.

    I love quilts! It has been freezing here, only in the mid 20's today, so cold! My mother had boxes and boxes of fabric, so my sister and I are going to make quilts for our children with the fabric. She also kept all of the dresses that she wore to our weddings. That fabric will be included. It will be a ton of work, but so worth it.

    I buy a can of, Danish butter cookies every year...tradition!

    Love you tons!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A ton of work Barb, but what a beautiful legacy! I wish I had the space to set up and do a Quilt here! Love you tons also. Hugs to you! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!