Tuesday 4 December 2018

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

FOR TODAY, December 4, 2018

Outside my window ...
Its dark and cold and wet.  I would rather it be cold and crisp and even.  With some snow.  Christmas is coming and I wish so much we could have snow for Christmas.  I have not had a white christmas in about 18 years.

I am thinking ...
Every so often I think about making changes to the way I blog. Like only blogging every second day or whatnot on the foodblog.  It really does take up a lot of time with the photography and editing, etc. I do love it though, but I don't have a lot of time left to do other things, like my painting and stuff.  I think as I am getting older I am slowing down a lot.  Then there is the negative aspect of it . . .  people telling me I need to edit my photos better or take better photos, because did I know that my drying laundry was showing in 8 photos of the same food post, etc. I am an amateur. I don't, and have never aspired to take the best photos, but you can look at my page without a ton of adverts and popups and other crap.

In the kitchen ...

Mincemeat & Orange Meusli Muffins 

Mincemeat & Orange Muesli Muffins.  I baked these yesterday as a trial run for a tasty Christmas breakfast option. The recipe makes four servings, but you could easily double it.  A delicious orange, almond muffin,  topped with a muesli streusal, is baked atop some mincemeat.  Served warm and utterly spoonable. If you are not fond of mincemeat you could replace it with your favourite fruit compote of preserve.  I think a little quenelle of clotted cream on top would go very nicely. 


On my "To  Cook" list ... 


Christmas Spiced Red Cabbage from BBC Good Food.  I adore red cabbage.  

Good to know ... 


(The perfectionist in me wants to add an "ed" after the old fashion)   From Our Simple Homestead.

I am creating ... 


How to make a "Snipped Roll" from Madness and Mess.  A snippet roll is a long narrow roll of fabric embellished with charms, beads, pictures, jewelry or anything else, rolled around a wooden spool.  Do check out the link or look them up on Pinterest.  Fascinating! 



Molly Chicken.  A tutorial on how to make Fabric Flowers.   



Thread and Thrift.  A sample book.  


Cut Out and keep.  Fabric Tassel Bracelets.  


Lazy Girl Designs.  I love long narrow ones like this.  They are great for your neck if you have a crick in it.  

Oh My Goodness ... 


 Sliced apples and peanut butter.  I love them.  I don't quite spread the peanut butter that thick though . . . 

I am reading ... 


Selected to Live, by Johanna Ruth Dobshiner 
 
The dramatic story of a Jewish childhood ravaged by the Nazis. A young girl is the shocked witness to the destruction of her family and makes a thrilling and miraculous escape from the same fate. By the time she was barely a teenager, Johanna-Ruth Dobschiner was already an adept fugitive, one step ahead of her Nazi pursuers as she went underground, moving from one sympathetic Dutch family to another until the end of the war. On her travels she encounters a Christian community, and through them she discovers Jesus and realises that she has been selected to live in more ways than one...First published by Marshall Pickering in 1969. 

Just starting this. 

Looking Forward to ...

There is the Relief Society Christmas Party tonight.  I am not sure yet if I will actually go or not. A huge part of me wants to, but another part of me doesn't because I know I won't sleep well afterwards and I didn't sleep well last night. I am torn. 

Dreaming about ... 


A blue and red kitchen  . . .  that stove  . . .  that kettle  . . .  


  

Flowery Tea Cosies  . . . 


The light fixture  . . .  the chairs . . .  the tabe  . . .  the stained glass window  . . . 



Julie Whitmore pottery  . . .  so beautiful  . . .  



The glow of candlelight  . . . 

 
Something to watch ... 

  

Watched this film the other night and it was amazing. One of my all-time favourite songs.  The film is based on the true story life of the man who wrote this song.  We both really enjoyed it. That song gives me goosebumps every time I hear it. 

Makes me smile ... 


All stacked and beribboned  . . . 


A Quote for the day ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Stop trying to calm the storm.
Calm yourself, the storm will pass.
~Unknown     •。★★ 。* 。 

Corners of my kingdom ... 


The Hobbit House, Chedglow, Wilsthire 

  

It is in fact the work of the late Stained Glass Artist, Colin Stokes.  You can read and see more of it here.  It is amazing.


And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 



Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   


 


14 comments:

  1. Hi Marie, loving your day post....again! I must admit though that although I've often thought about starting a blog, after reading yours for so long and the unbelievable, stupid negative comments you get from complete strangers it puts me right off. Why do people do this? I just don't get it and I wouldn't want them in my life in any shape or form. But please, don't you stop!! Do as I say not do as I do!!!!

    I understand the insomnia problems, I was up myself till 4 a.m. this morning, but the thing is you'll never be able to go to that party again but you can always catch up on your sleep. Go.....life's too short to miss the good things!

    We got back yesterday evening after a lovely week in Scotland, where does the time go?

    Have a lovely day and party! Lot's of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Kate! Love you! Glad that you had a lovely time in Scotland I would love to get away for a while, but alas no funds for that. I guess a staycation is what I need! Love and hugs! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Hi, Marie! I've always been amazed over the year how MUCH you blog, and every day! I think anything that makes your life easier is a good thing. We can't do it all. And it is good to be able to find pockets of time for other things you enjoy too. You've been blogging this way for many years, it's OK to slow down, or even take a break. ;) Those mince and orange muffins look delicious for Christmas--yum! Lots of fun projects here today... And I especially love the book of embroidery samples--beautiful idea! I LOVE a snack of peanut butter-apples--my fave! :) Oh, the book you are reading sounds sooo GOOD! I looked on Amazon, but it doesn't seem available in a Kindle edition... :/ Hope you have a nice time at the Relief holiday party if you go. I don't do parties well--too long an evening, too much energy, I eat too much... LOL! Ah, well... thankfully we're not invited to may parties then... haha! Wishing you all a lovely and blessed week, my friend. :) LOVE YOU HEAPS!! ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not much of a mingler Tracy. To be honest I don't really enjoy social situations very much. I have already told my lift I am not going. I haven't stopped all day and I am exhausted now. I don't know how I did all of this when I worked full time! Love and hugs to you! xxoxo

      Delete
  3. Your photos are fine just the way they are Marie! If anyone is really bothered by them then they are free to not come to the blog. It really bothers me that people can be so critical of something that they have a choice to view or not....

    Love that vintage kitchen. The editor in me wants to add the "ed" to old fashion(ed) too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Mary, I am glad that I am not the only person who feels like editing that! LOL I guess when you invite people into your home, you have to put up with the people that show up, good or bad! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  4. It does take a lot of time to keep up with two blogs, and I have done the same for many years. I've thought about limiting myself to only one, but they've become a habit for me so I continue with both. Hope you do too. I know it's not easy. Whatever you decide to do about the party, I hope you have a terrific Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like you, mine are a habit for me also. I tend to do them early in the morning before anyone gets up. the cooking however gets done much later in the day and that seems to take me long and longer! xoxo

      Delete
  5. I love that J Whitmore thanks to you lol..anyways prob $$ and I am not doing that at this stage of the game;)
    I can see artists doing all art..all the time..what a blessing for them.
    I have oother things I must attend to and they are passions for me too..Family first..baking..gardening..stitching..Jack of all trades.
    Harrumph on peeps who offer destructive criticism.
    Bah humbug I say:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you Monique! Its not like we get paid for this eh? Its a labor of love at its best! I try to be real and if I have laundry drying well, you get to see that as well. I really dislike "Fake" blogs and people. Like you I can't see spending oodles of cash on anything anymore. Just to survive and enjoy each day is enough! xoxo

      Delete
  6. Hi Marie~

    Please don't concern yourself with those people who obviously have nothing better to than criticize others...your photography is wonderful! One reason I love your blog and others like it, is because I don't have to wade through flashing banners and pop-ups, just to get to the meat of the blog! You know you are loved by me!

    There are so many days when I think I should give blogging up completely, or make it private so I don't feel any pressure to keep it up. I do have some who have been very faithful and have kept in touch no matter what, I love that! It's my way out into the world! I don't know how you do it everyday, I truly think that blogging is something that I have to be inspired to do, and no way could I post something everyday...you need to do what feels right to you. But, please don't give it up completely... ;0)

    Our ward Christmas party is on the 14th. I don't always go, but I'm the RS secretary and I probably should make an appearance. Bob always says he doesn't like to go to them, but I always have to drag him away... he's a social butterfly!

    So many cute find today, I love them all! I need to get busy making some Christmas cookies! My girls are coming over on Thursday to make candy, but I really like a good sugar cookie, and I don't think I could have Christmas without a fruitcake! We had our DUP Christmas party yesterday (all 8 of us!), and one of the ladies made a wonderful old fashion carrot pudding, it was delicious!

    That Hobbit house is amazing!! I would love to spend a day going through it, just gorgeous!!

    Love you sweet friend, hang in there!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Barb! We were gifted with a beautiful fruitcake, all decorated and everything, so that is one less thing I need to do this year! I am going to make some Christmas Chutney for gifts for friends however. Maybe even today! Love and hugs to you always, xoxo

      Delete
  7. Well, Marie, we are no longer spring chickens...and especially when it is cold (and wow it sure is here now) or hot...I can so easily talk myself out of going anywhere!! I hope you can rest ok tonight. I slept in today and had bad dreams...that was a waste of sleep!! You wonder where on earth some of these weird dreams come from!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Elizabeth! I could do with a lot less of them! Love and hugs! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!