Tuesday 19 February 2019

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 
FOR TODAY, February 19, 2019

Outside my window ...
Its still dark but I have begun to notice a gradual lengthening of the hours of daylight, especially at the end of the day where it is not getting dark closer to five each day rather than four!

 
I am thinking ...
About that girl who left the country to become a Bride for terrorists and now wants to return with her newborn baby.  She should never be allowed back in. The news was full of her interview that she gave yesterday.  She clearly does not regret her actions and feels the killing of innocents is justified. In my opinion she is a dangerous person and should never be allowed back here.  If they do let her come back (and that's a very big IF), she should go to prison and stay there a very, very long time.


I am thankful for ...
Memories . . . clinging to them.


One of my favourite things ... 
Jam and Cream Filled Biscuits.  Yum!!


In the kitchen ...
  
Rhubarb, Vanilla & Cardamom Jam. A trinity of good taste! 


On my "To Cook" list ...  
Cafe Delights.  Sheet Pan Lemon Parmesan Chicken.  


Good to know ... 
I would never be without a jar of this in the house.


I am creating ... 
  

Odettes Obsessions, Monmouth cap. Looks simple enough.
  

Crafty Rie, How to crochet a pompom border.  I like this.   


Cherry Heart on Ravelry.  Love, LOVE this. I am crazy about cherry anything.


No source. Just inspiration for some fabric fish. 

  

My Quilt Infatuation.  Quick quilted coasters. 


Oh my goodness ...

  
 
Ever since I read about these, I've wanted to try them. They sound really tasty. 


I am reading ... 

 
Wild Signs and Star Paths, by Tristan Gooley 
Tristan Gooley, author of the internationally bestselling How To Read Water and The Walker's Guide to Outdoor Clues & Signs, shows how it is possible to achieve a level of outdoors awareness that will enable you to sense direction from stars and plants, forecast weather from woodland sounds and predict the next action of an animal from its body language - instantly.


Although once common, this now rare awareness would be labelled by many as a 'sixth sense'. We have become so distanced from this way of experiencing our environment that it may initially seem hard to believe that it is possible, but Tristan Gooley uses a collection of 'keys' to show how everyone can develop this ability and enjoy the outdoors in an exciting way - one that is both new and ancient.

Although not a novel. I find this kind of thing fascinating.


I am looking forward to ... 


Going to the Temple on Friday. 


Dreaming about ... 

  

Mason jars with bees on them  . . . 



Tweed, wool and buttons . . .  and that gathered pocket  . . .  



  

Gingham and lace  . . . 



Blue and White Bedroom . . . 


  

Sigh  . . . 

Makes me smile ... 


Now that would be fun  . . . 

Something to watch ... 

  

Looking forward to the DVD.

A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
And the bravest of souls
are those who choose love
over and over  . . . 
 ~E Corona •。★★ 。* 。 

Corners of my Kingdom ... 


Wastwater, Lake District England. One of my favorite places on Earth. Everything about the Lake District is wonderful to me.

And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 


Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   

10 comments:

  1. SO many lovelies today, Marie!! Ah, the Lake District...looks like HOME to me, tho' I have never been there. Ever read about the theory that some of our DNA will carry some kind of "memory" from our ancestors? One wonders...many of mine came from The British Isles. Needed a happy thought today. Thanks.
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe that our DNA does carry some kind of memory from our ancestors. There was a place back home that I have loved to go since I was a child, called the Habitation. I would go every chance I could get. I found out a few years ago that one of my ancestors was Chief Henri Membertou of the Micmaq nation, and that was where he lived wayyy back when the first settlers arrived in Nova Scotia with Champlain. He was there to greet them and instrumental in helping them survive the rough Canadian Winters. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
    2. Lovely you found that out isn't it? I am proud of my Cherokee roots too...slim though they may be...heh. I done be a freckle faced red haired (well I WAS) Cherokee girl!! And I agree with your feelings on that girl who wants to come home, unrepentant and all. Her baby should be able to come...not her. Tis trouble and no doubt she is well informed on how to create yet more troubles if she does arrive. People need to wake up. The Trojan horse was a good history lesson folks seem to have forgotten...in this country too...though Trump WANTS to slow down the inflow until they can be vetted. Seems worth a try. No one wants the truly good folks kept out!! NO ONE I KNOW!!
      Elizabeth xoxo

      Delete
    3. I agree with you Elizabeth. If her parents want to take the baby, that's one thing, but so unrepentant she is that she is dangerous, I believe. Good people are always welcome and should be, but we need to do more to protect our own innocent people from dangerous people if we can help it! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Hi Marie, lovely daybook!

    I too have been thinking of the school girl who now wants to come back to the UK. I couldn't believe what she said in her interview. I thought how stupid she was to even admit the things she said. You'd have lied to get back, and at the very least apologise. It made me realise though how brain washed they must be. On the positive side, if there is one, maybe she would be of help to the authorities in finding out how this radicalisation happens. I know what she's done is horrendous and she deserves the full force of the law, but I also know if it was my daughter and grandson I'd want them back.

    What a gorgeous February we're having! It might be the hottest February on record by the end of the week. I think we have a lot to answer for regarding climate change.

    Well it's been nearly a week since my op and I'm fed up of my bed! Only a week to go and hopefully I'll be able to get up and about then, even if it is on crutches!

    Lot's of love and your memories will see you through xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, if it was my daughter and grandson I would want them back also, but I think there should be some very strict guidelines in place. What she did was terrible and the fact that she shows no remorse and her ideology shows me that she is a dangerous person and cannot be totally trusted to be in this country without very strict guidelines. Keeping you in my prayers for continued healing. Hoping you are back to scratch when all is said and done and better than ever! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  3. Haven't heard about the girl..but Jacques has..so can't comment.

    It's an aspect of pitics I am leery to voice opinions on..
    Times have changed so much..so much dram with leaders..
    I can't even.


    Onto the bee jars..Love them..had looked them up a couple of yrs ago:)
    That Cherry cheery shawl was ..made for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean Monique. I try to avoid Politics also, but I can't believe that this girl thinks we should just open her with open arms after all she has done. I just think unless she can be de-radicalized, she is very dangerous. It is so complicated!

      Not sure I have the courage to wear a Cherry shawl! But I do love it! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Dear Marie I love this jam you made and I love all with bees!!
    Hope you have a nice day, hugsto you and Todd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love and hugs to you Gloria. You are a real sweetheart! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!