Thursday 21 February 2019

My Favourite Things . . .

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png
A few of the things which catch my eye, inspire me, pluck at my heart strings, make me smile, or that I just enjoy.  Maybe they will do the same for you.   



Mexican Food, or should I say Tex Mex.  I have never been to Mexico, but I love this type of food.  Tacos, Enchiladas, Nachos, etc. Ohhh Chimichangas.  My friend Eliza taught me how to make authentic Tamales when she was over for a visit one time.  Sadly, they are very difficult to make here because you can't get most of the ingredients. My sister makes the best nachos.  I know this isn't real Mexican food, but North American-ized Mexican food, but I love it all the same.  Its not something I had ever tasted until I became an adult, but it was love at first bite!  


  

Pansies  . . .  its those pretty little faces! 


The Outlander Series.  We finished the latest one and have gone back and started watching them from the beginning again.  Love this timeless love story.  The costumes.  The Romance.  Its just so very well done. The intimate scenes are a bit embarassing in mixed company, but hey ho. At least they are not vulgar like some are.  



Petit Fours.  Little bite-sized cakes. The only bad thing about them is that its far too easy to over-indulge.

  

Herend China.  My ex boss had a whole beautiful set of this, the Rothschild Bird pattern.  I think it is all beautiful. 


Soup bowls with handles  . . .  they're so cute.  


  

French Onion Soup, but it has to be done properly.  I hate it when  they put too much cheese in it and you almost can't swallow it.  There is just a perfect amount to put, and this isn't the time to over do anything.  Less is more. 


Lindt Gold Bunnies.  The cadillac of Easter Bunnies. 


  

Tea Infusers . . .  any kind.  I love them all.  These heart ones are especially sweet.  



The Sermon on the Mount.  I was studying this yesterday. (Matthew 5:3-16 in particular) It is a beautiful passage of scripture.  The beautitudes.  As I was reading it, I was inserting (example) Blessed are the meek (who come unto me) for they shall inherit the earth.  It was an eye opener.  I don't think I have ever gotten so much understanding from it in the past.  I have always loved this passage, but today I love it even more.  


  

Talking with my sister.  I think she is one of the greatest gifts my mother ever gave me, even if at first I told my mom to take her back. I have always been very grateful to have her in my life.  I love her so much.  



Tree Houses.  Every since I saw the Swiss Family Robinson, I have been in love with them.  Not sure at this stage in life I could live in one, but for a very long time I wanted to.  


  

Tiny Houses  . . . now that there are only the two of us, I quite think I'd like one of these.  Talk about downsizing however.  You would need to be very organized! 


(source)  

Tiny sewing kits, in tins  . . .  love making them and love gifting them.  



Copic Markers.  Of all the markers out there, these are my favourites.  Unfortunately they are also the most expensive.  Sigh  . . . 

  

Noodles  . . .  I adore noodles.  Any kind . . . 



Swedish Crime Dramas.  Beck, Wallander, etc.  Love them all. 

  

I especially loved this series which was set in the 1950's.  



Little worlds  . . .  I think my love of these began with the shows The Friendly Giant and Chez Helene when I was a child.  


  

That is probably why I am especially in love with this Swedish Blog.  Froken Elsa.  It is adorable. It hasn't been updated in a few years, but I still love to visit it. 



I don't know who made it, but I am in love with this fox doll . . .  I love humanized animal dolls  . . . 

And those are my favourite things for this week.  What are some of yours?

I probably won't be on tomorrow. We are going to the Temple and will be up and out of here quite early!  

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
The devil flatters us that we are very righteous,
when we are feeding on the faults of others.
If you would have God have mercy on you,
have mercy on one another.
~Joseph Smith   •。★★ 。* 。 


Beef Barbacoa Tacos with Sweet Pickled Onions 

In The English Kitchen today, Beef Barbacoa Tacos with Sweet Pickled Onions.  Seriously tasty and it all started with a few leftovers.  Yum!! 


Hope you have a beautiful day.  Love and be loved! Don't forget! 
 
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   

 

14 comments:

  1. Hi Marie, loving your favourites this week!

    Just read yesterday's blog and it made me smile, I'm Team Todd all the way!! I hate clutter and an unorganised house. When George and I decided to get our flat together it took an awful lot of decluttering. He had a large three bedroom house and I had a large four bedroom house, and the flat we have moved into is a small two bedroom one! Needless to say a lot of serious decluttering took place. Even now, nothing is brought into the house without something leaving, we just haven't got the space. You really have to focus and be ruthless and decide on your ground rules, then stick to them. Fortunately, I'm not a collector, although I did have one collection of Pen Delphin ornaments which I loved, but these went to the Hospice charity shop as I had no room for them. I also knew that I didn't want to leave my daughter with all my 'junk' to sort out, when the time comes.
    I feel sorry for my sister in law Joy, as my brother is a terrible hoarder. She has COPD and arthritis and can no longer control his hoarding habit and their house is getting smaller and smaller. It's so sad.

    Anyway we will definitely meet up this year and we shall discuss decluttering, but be warned, I am ruthless!!

    Enjoy your day tomorrow, lot's of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will look forward to that Kate! I really will! I like having something to look forward to. I hope your foot is healing well! I've been praying! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of cute things as always..best ..your sister.I hope she is coping..after being so consumed with the care of your mom..she must be so bereft..You are lucky girls to have ech other!Blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and she is there all alone now dealing with sorting through mom's things. I wish I could be there to help her. It is a daunting and heartbreaking task. xoxo

      Delete
  4. Love many of these things Marie, love petit fours and lovely china of course and love this fox reminds me Peter rabbit and his friends Love them! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...of course, I now have to go out to the grocery store...and make some of those yummy looking pickled red onions!! Cause I do not have whole allspice on hand!! My food tastes are often just like yours!! Hugs to your sister in the difficult task of sorting through mom's things...so hard!! (Of course, my 2 sister-in-laws went through my mom's and took what they wanted before I even got there). But the thing I valued most was all the letters (so many I could not keep them all) and being we had to live apart almost all the years of my adult life, I had gobs. And I had the joy of talking often to my mom, long distance, all those years. A huge gift and no one can take that away!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have saved all of my mother's letters to me Elizabeth. I just have, and now they are even more precious to me, even all of her cards she sent me through the years. To me they are a treasure. Yes, as you say a huge gift. xoxo

      Delete
  6. Hi, Marie! LOTS of fun here today! :))) I like Tex-Mex too. It's hard to get Tex-Mex food in our small town, apart from Old El Paso at the supermarket... hhhmmm... not the same as the more real deal, I think. ;) I love Tex-Mex toppings--guacamole, fresh salsas and all that. Your soft beef tacos look amazing good--love the pickled onion! That Rothschild Bird china is GORGEOUS... *swoon*... I love china with birds/butterflies on! I also love soup-related china--fancy soup bowls, terrines... I don't know why I've always wanted a soup terrine. Have no need for one, but I like 'em! Ooo... Lindt chocolate anything, I'll take too! ;) Noodles--me too! Any kind of noodles, all noodles... And I am fascinated by tiny houses and tiny how living! I would love to try it. Less is more, I say. ;) Not sure my Better Half always agrees with that though, as TJ says he can't imagine living sooo small. I LOVE this tiny house you show--all the while and pale aqua blues--SWEET! How CUTE are those tiny felt mice spooning all cuddled up in bed--TOO CUTE!! The Sermon on the Mount... It is one we turn to again and again, and gain so much, don't we?! Hope you are having a blessed and beautiful time at the Temple! And that you have a lovely weekend! LOVE YOU LOTS! LOVE to you & Todd, and the lovely Mitzie ((BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Tracy. I am not surprised we both like so many of the same things. I would LOVE to live small, but not sure it is possible over the long term. Love and hugs to you, TJ, and Luna. Love you oodles my sweet friend. xoxo

      Delete
  7. Hi Marie~

    It seems like sooooo long since I have been here! Life has been kind of crazy, although I have checked in, I haven't commented... ;0)

    I love Mexican food, it's comfort food for me! Last night some friends invited us out for Mexican food, it was delicious! We have a little Mexican restaurant in our small town that has really tasty food.

    I just loved all of your finds today, so many cute things to look at and ponder on. I have always wanted to learn how to make felted animals! I just love how realistic they look, and I too love little animals that have been, "humanized"!

    Sisters are so very wonderful! I love my sister, and like your sister, she was my mom's main caretaker. It really does take a special person to do that. I usually get to see my sister once a week, but the weather has been so horrible that I haven't wanted to go out, so I have really missed her. I'm so thankful for technology, and I know you are too! Isn't it wonderful that you can talk to her and hear her voice, or text and post photos!? And even though I'm not the biggest FB fan, it's wonderful when you live so far away.

    I pray that you are finding some comfort and healing, remember that tears are good!

    Take care sweet friend, have a wonderful Friday!! Love you tons!! XOXO

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you sure we are not twins Barb? I think we must be. I had my first post-dream about my mom last night. I am cherishing it in my mind this morning. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  8. I am so happy that you get to go to the temple tomrorrow! That is the best ever. We work at our temple on Saturday mronings and it is one of my favoorite days.
    I loved your favorite things today. So many of them are things that I like too.
    We just had lunch with some friends and had Mexican food. It’s a favorite for sure.
    I do loves Pansies and can’t wait to plant some as spring comes.
    The Pitite Fours are so lovely as is the china pattern.
    Sorry, but french onion soup isn’t a favorite and I would probably love the cheese in it.
    I guess Easter really is just around the corner and then there will be Chocolote Bunnies.
    I’m loving the “Come Follow Me” program and the teachings of the Savior are the best.
    I envy that you have a sister to love and comunicate with. Just keep enjoying all the precious moments you have to talk with her.
    I love Tree Houses and the tiny homes are cute too but I din’t know that I couldlive in them
    I love the tiny sewing kits.
    I do love a good crime drama once in while.
    Little Worlds area adorable.
    I really just enjoyed reaidng through all your favorite things.
    Prayers, love and hugs for you two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LeAnn! I am not surprised that we are so much alike. It is my dream that one day we will get to meet in person, if not on this side of the veil, surely the next! Love you! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!