Saturday 23 February 2019

Friday Finds on a Saturday . . .

 
A few of the things  I find each week that pique my interest, bring me joy, inspire me to learn, create, do, become . . . maybe they will do the same for you!     


 Love these Velvet Acorns from The French Needle. They're tree ornaments.  So pretty.  
Sew Many Ways.  Fabric heart bookmark.  Nice!  
Garden Therapy.  Heavenly bath ideas.  
Tea Rose Home.  Magnetic Bottle Cap Pin Cushions.   

One Good Thing.  How to make lined envelopes.  
Poppytalk.  Easy tiny envelopes. 
Knit and Crochet Daily, Spring Flower hair clips.   

My Sew Called Crafty Life.  DIY Recipe Pot Holders.  
  

  
Bustle and Sew. Pin Cushion Mice.  
Bustle and Sew, Spring Bunny Wreath.  
Petals to Picots.  Mini Easter Eggs to crochet.  
All About Ami. I love this cardigan.   

Stitching Together.  Free pattern.  
Rae Backledge on Ravelry. Not free but not costly.   



Beyond the Screen Door.  Recovering a lampshade.  



Picture Box Blue, free printable Natural History posters by Adolphe Millot.  



A tutorial for this cute Christmas Cookie Cutter Ornament on The Little Blue House, tutorial by Vicki Crisman.  


Lettering Daily.  5 hand lettering effects.  



Stitch and Share.  Free pattern for some Forest Friends.  

And those are my finds for this week.  I hope there was something here that you can use!  



Spring is springing  . . .  taken two days ago outside my front door . . .   



I had the first dream post you know what of my mom last night, or should I say just before I woke up. I didn't want to wake up.  In my dream I had been accepted into the Military (at my age and in my shape) and I was expressing my doubts to my mom if I could do it.  She told me, "It will be hard, but you can do anything you put your mind to doing."  I then asked her if she would be there for my graduation and she told me that it would be very hard for her to be there.  I said maybe dad could drive, and she thought that might work . . .  and then I woke up . . .


A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Life with God is
not immunity from difficulties,
but peace within difficulties.
~C. S. Lewis  •。★★ 。* 。 



Cinnamon Toast Cake 

Baking in The English Kitchen today  . . .  Cinnamon Toast Cake. Nom nom! 

Have a wonderful Saturday.  I hope you spend it doing something you love.  Don't forget! 


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too! 
 


 


10 comments:

  1. Hi Marie, I'm so pleased you dreamt about your Mum. I knew after my Mum and my husband died that I wouldn't dream about them, I never dream, or at least never remember them. After my mum died, nearly 20 years ago, my sister became obsessed about dreaming about her. She would get really upset that, although she was remembering her dreams, it was never about Mum. Although I would have loved to have had that extra time with my Mum, as I adored her, I just accepted it wasn't going to happen. Still, like you, I have so many beautiful memories that make me smile and also shed a tear, even after all this time.

    Hope yesterday was good, oh and yes my foot is doing really good thanks Marie, virtually pain free!!
    Lot's of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I am so happy to read that your foot is doing so well Kate! yay! I am lucky in that I have very vivid dreams and most of the time I remember them clearly. That is not always a good thing, but this time it was! Hope you are having a fab weekend! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. Luky youwith that dream..you just want to keep dreaming when that happens:)
    Lots of cute things..I have made the mini envelopes..all out now...so many cute cute things..Have a good weekend Marie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know Monique, but by the time you get to the point where you are remembering what you are dreaming, you are well on your way to waking up. I bet your mini envelopes were adorable! Happy weekend! xoxo

      Delete
  3. So happy to hear you had a dream of your mom...lovely!! I understand and also how much you want the dream to go on!! Love all the neat ideas you find...so many and so little time!! Sending hugs!! Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a sweet, sweet tender mercy Elizabeth! God is good! xoxo

      Delete
  4. I love the dream you had of your sweet Mom. I don't have dreams of my parents very often but treasure them when I do. I wish that I could dream more about them.
    I loved your finds as always. I like looking at each of them. Of course, I always love the crocheted items and I liked the lined envelopes.
    The knitted sweater is lovely. I wish I knew how to knit. Of course, I wish I could get back into crocheting.
    I really liked the touch of Easter and the touch of spring too.
    Sending loving thoughts and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LeAnn, you do make me smile. Love you to bits! Spring is springing and just around the corner! xoxo

      Delete
  5. I was looking at the cake recipe more...I knew it reminded me of a popular homemade cake from my childhood. You mixed butter, sugar and coconut and pecans if wished, and broiled it a bit on top of the cake when it was baked. YUMMY. Thanks for sharing this idea...and what a great money saving idea too...a lovely snack made with things we keep on hand anyway. Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that cake Elizabeth. Lazy Daisy Cake. My mom used to make that sometimes! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!