Monday 18 February 2019

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

 
 
"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard 

A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best.    

 
 
I didn't have a full sized photograph of my mum for framing.  I asked my brother if he would mind scanning his.  His was the colourized one of my mom taken when she was about 19.  He did and then I was able to get some prints of it from Cheerz.  I have used them a few times and they do excellent work, and they arrived on Valentines day! Yay!  I got extra copies so each of my children can have one. My mother was a beautiful woman, inside and out. Always. I don't think she ever thought that she was.  She was my best friend. I am so grateful for the time we had to develop that special relationship between mother and daughter . . . and become much more  . . .  to become friends.  An extra special blessing that many don't get. 
 
 
 
More mail.  That's two.  I have written a response and it will be put into the post today.  I also painted him a bookmark, which I forgot to take a photograph of. Its of a rat carrying a fish balloon. (A boy thing!)  I hope Jon likes it! 
 
  
 
Impromptu Sunday Night visitors.  Somehow Dexter (the dog) didn't get in the photo, but he was there!  I love that they feel comfortable enough to just stop by.  I love this sweet family and I love having cuddles with Grace.  Its all good! 
 
 
 
Someone is having a birthday this week.  It is hard to believe that Maryn is going to be 8 years old.  Time is just flying by.  Her mum posted this photo of her with my youngest son's dog Lucy. I hope that someday I get to have a relationship with this little girl. Hope springs eternal. She has my father's "bum-chin." 
 
 
One of the greatest gifts my parents gave us was each other, even if it sometimes didn't feel like it. I am grateful for our talks and conversations, and for our relationship.  

 
  
 
Facetimes with Doug.  (This is his dog Baya, she is so funny! She just loves snuggling him.)  I am so grateful for the relationship we have with each other.  I love that he is comfortable talking to and with me, and vice versa.  He is a good, good man. I love him very much.  (No surprise there!)
 

 
Facetimes with my son Anthony and his boys Gabe and Luke.  They were in a motel room while my DIL was at the hospital with her dad (who is doing well, keep those prayers coming!).  Its not easy to keep children occupied when you are in a motel for hours and hours.  Good job Anthony!  They seem happy enough!  Love all my grandchildren and I am so grateful for a couple of sons who have made the effort to make sure five of my grandsons know who I am and are comfortable with me.  That is not an easy thing to do when I am thousands of miles away and I want them to know I appreciate their efforts!  I do not take them for granted.  

 
  
 
My son's house in Fredericton. So pleased we don't get snow like that here. They spent the day as a family shoveling themselves out.  Family times are the best of times. Building memories!  Its a good thing as Martha would say! Look at that beautiful blue sky.  

 
 
The power of prayer to comfort, to heal, to uplift, to console . . .  I have used it numerous times throughout these past weeks.  I have always been a prayer warrior anyways, but lately I have needed them even more.  Life has just been hard, for many reasons. I am so grateful for my ability to pray, and for the prayers of others.  They mean the world to me. 
 
 
 
If that is all that you can do, then at least you can know
you've done the most important thing. 
 
Of course being able to go to church and renew my covenants with God, to partake of the sacrament, to listen to uplifting words, to share my thoughts on our Scripture studies with others and hear their viewpoints. Its all good.  I love having this Spiritual Home of like-minded people, my church family. 
 
A thought to carry with you  . . . 
 
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Lord, help me to remember that today,
nothing will happen that you and I
can't handle together.
~Amen   •。★★ 。* 。 
 

Leftover Stew Pie 
 
In the English Kitchen today, a delicious pie made with leftover stew. No waste.  This was fabulous!
 

 
I hope your week ahead is filled with small and wonderful things.  Don't forget along the way, 
 
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════
 

And I do too!


 


4 comments:

  1. Love how your boys are so close to you! His place looks like ours..Many roofers are busy removing feet of snow..some having big problems.
    The photo is beautiful!!
    Have a good week Marie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monique. I don't know if I could live with a lot of snow at this point in my life, its been so long! xoxo

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed reading your grateful thoughts today on your small and wonderful post. The photo of your Mother is lovely. I think it is awesome you are sending them to your children. I loved all your feelings and thoughts about your children and grandchildren today. They are such a precious gift from a lovely Heavenly Father. I am so happy they communicate with you.
    I love those friiends that just drop by and share their little one with you.
    Your grandchildren are adorable and your little 8 year old granddaughter is precious.
    I too know and feel the power of prayer in my life.
    Sendin loving thoughts, prayers, and hugs your way dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much LeAnn! I love you dear friend. Love, prayers and hugs to you and Roger also! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!