Friday 9 June 2023

My Friday Finds . . .

 



A few of the things I find each week that inspire me to want to do better, to create, to become better, to read more, to watch, to just DO something! Things that delight, inspire, and bring me joy.  Maybe they will do the same thing for you! 


 



If you are into scrapbooking and paper crafts and there is a new baby on the horizon, this really pretty baby girl album from Terry's Scrapbooking is a delight! So pretty! 





From Delicious. A fabulous looking Rhubarb and Coconut Meringue Tart.  I adore rhubarb. 





The Veggie Mama, little bags for little girls.




  Lion Brand on Ravelry. Behop girls cropped cardigan.  





Daisy Farm Crafts, Modern Double Crochet V-stitch Blanket.  Love this, and the colours.  




Hannah Nilson Designs, free printable A5 Floral Planner set.  So pretty. Such a nice blog. 





Lia Griffith, Printable Floral Greeting Cards.   




Purl Bee, Simple lined Zipper Pouches.   Complete instructions. 




Craft and Creativity. Little Housies.  Cute! 





DIY Cardboard pompom makers with sizes small, medium and large.  The Craft Train.  




I heart Crafty Things. DIY Funny Face Flip Book.  I bet my sister's grandson Atlas would enjoy this, so would her granddaughter Ivy.





Krokotak.  Origami Eye.  Older kids would love doing this!  





A Piece of Rainbow.  5 Minute Bubble Paint Hydrangeas.





Cafe Curtains, Women's Day. How to.  





Is this not the most amazing Pita Bread you have ever seen?  Just one problem, its all in some type of Scandinavian dialect. I would love LOVE to try this!  OOps just found a button where you can read it in English.




Tip Junkie, 13 free printable envelope designs. I love printables.  





Kitchen Stewardship, how to start bullet journaling and organize your life. 





Patons, Beehive Tea Cosy. Free Pattern. I love, Love, LOVE this!  Every time I see this, I fall in love again.






I adore Bundt Cakes and on Positively Splendid she has links to 20 of the best of all time. Some look incredibly yummy! Baking a Bundt cake turns a cake into a party all on its own imo!




 
Spring Showers Shawl, a free pattern from Maria Bittner on Ravelry.  This is so pretty.  I keep wanting to make myself a shawl.




Just Be Crafty. Reusable Swiffer Pads, crochet. 




Cappers Farmer.  Washable crochet dust mitt. Love this. 




Flower Starburst Hot Pad. I love these things.  Free pattern available here. 




The Goodness.  Easy DIY Bunting.  





Aesthetic Nest.  Sewing oilcloth table covers, with cute edgings. 


And those are my finds for this week.  I hope that you found some of it interesting and inspiring as well!  I love creating and dreaming about creating new things!


These ants are driving me crazy.  I spent hours yesterday getting rid of anything foodwise in my cupboards that was open.  I have sprinkled cayenne pepper all over the place, cut up Irish Spring soap into slivers and left that all over.  The cats think I am crazy.  They are still all over my countertop. I think they are in or underneath the dishwasher. I am at my wits end. I was quite distraught about it yesterday.  

I think some of that is my feeling  upset about Glenna. She won't be home until at least the middle of next week as far as I know.  There is some concern about her being able to take care of herself. I think she will be 71 in August. Not all that old really.  She was taking violin lessons and piano lessons. She had just gotten back from a trip out West visiting her two daughters.  Perhaps the trip was too much for her. I don't know.

You really need to enjoy each day while you can. You never know when your life can change forever. In the blink of an eye.

On the plus side I had a lovely facetime with my friend Tina in the UK last night. She and Tony are doing a fireside in the Ward Chapel on Saturday evening. Oh how I wish I could be there to see that!  I miss my friend so much and I really miss the Chester Ward.

A thought to carry with you . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Your life only gets better
when you do.
Work on yourself, and
the rest will follow.
~Unknown  •。★★ 。* 。 





In The English Kitchen today  . . .  BBQ Hawaiian Pizza.  Are you a pineapple on pizza person or not?  I am from the love it camp!


I hope that you have a beautiful day filled with lots of wonderful things.  Stay safe and be happy.  Don't forget!



═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════



And I do too!





10 comments:

  1. The flip book brought back memories, I used to make them with kids at school, a fun activity, leading to lots of possibilities. How love to chat with your friends in England. Continued good thoughts for the improvement of Glenna. The air quality warnings have been lifted in our area for now, but I'm sure they will be back. Keep tackling those pesky ants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far we have not had any air quality warnings in the valley. We have our own little micro climate here nestled between the two mountains like a bowl. This time it is working in our favor. Thank you for your thoughts for Glenna. The ant war continues! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Can your landlord help get rid of the ants, Marie? Love and hugs, Elaine (in Toronto)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently they sprayed for ants last week! I didn't see anyone, but if they did we have had torrential rains so it probably didn't do any good and only drove the ants indoors. Sigh . . . The battle continues! Love and hugs. xoxo

      Delete
  3. So sorry about Glenna...life sure changes in a heartbeat sometimes! Lots of nice ideas here today...thanks!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth! Sometimes life turns on a dime! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Charming finds….such creativity…love a yellow kitchen…my hydrangeas are massive this year 🤷🏼‍♀️…and yay for Bundt cakes. Hope Glenna on way to recovery…toooo young! You are a delightful friend to so many, have a good weekend. xo,V.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sprinkle sage around. Ants do not like the scent. Although your cats might since it is in the catnip herb family. LOL. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Try the Terro traps on Amazon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Try spraying vinegar to keep ants away. Heard it works & safe with pets. Your finds are so nice. How relaxing! Thankyou!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!