Tuesday 9 November 2021

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 


FOR TODAY, November 9th, 2021

Outside my window ...
Its perfectly light out, but there is a very heavy frost and things are a bit foggy.  My two babies are ensconced in their little crows-nest in front of the window checking out all the action in the neighborhood. They are my "Neighborhood Watch." Nothing much gets past them!

I am thinking ...
It won't be long now until I will be able to reveal to all of you the very special project I have been working on these past months!  Its about to become very REAL! I am on pins and needles!  I will need the help of 40 readers that live in the USA. Could this be you?  E-mail me and find out!

I am thankful for ...
My cup runneth over.  Truly. Each day is filled with a multitude of many things to be truly thankful for. They overshadow anything else.  

In my kitchen ... 


In The English Kitchen today. How to make perfect gravy from scratch. If this is something you struggle with, struggle no more. I share all my hints, tips and a recipe for gravy perfection each and every time. 

On my "To Cook" list ... 


The Mom 100 . Fall Apart Roasted Pork Shoulder with Rosemary Mustard and Garlic!  This looks so yummy! 

Good to know ... 
 
 

I am wanting to create ...  



Cath's Penny Designs.  Love this pear ornament. Unfortunately only available to those in the US. 



Thorsby Cottage. Woodland mushrooms.  Free pattern. 



Love these mittens on Ravelry.  They look really nice.   Far beyond my capacity however.  Mom always knit beautiful mittens. She had the talent.

 
 





Sunstar Snowflake by Renate Saj on Ravelry.  Very pretty. 

I am reading ... 

 

BEING ENOUGH, by Chieko N. Okazaki
What you have to give is enough — if you give it with all your heart. 

 Is there ever enough time, enough money, enough power within us to do all that our lives seem to require of us? Most of us feel our inadequacies keenly, and the fear of failure can keep us from reaching out and offering what little we do have. 

Citing the New Testament story of the widow who cast her two mites into the temple treasury, Sister Chieko N. Okazaki demonstrates that a feeling of abundance is rooted in faith. "This mortal probation is an invitation to walk with faith in the Savior," she writes, "and his promise is that he will make up all of our deficiencies. If we will give Christ our trust, then he will give us everything we lack." 

 Filled with Sister Okazaki's personable teaching style, her memorable stories, and her sharp insights into human nature and the gospel.

Enjoying this very much and getting a lot out of it.

Dreaming About ... 

 
(source

Pretty Teacups  . . . 

 


Old pottery  . . . 

 

Collectable Tins  . . . 

 

Beautifully decorated rooms  . . . this bedroom is gorgeous. 
 
 
  
(source

Old mustard and marmalade pots  . . . 

Something to watch ... 



Dalgliesh on Acorn TV.  I love a good murder mystery.  Fabulous new series.

Makes me smile ... 



Wanna Bake A Cake?
By Marilyn Lott
Artist Jill Barklem.

What fun it is to bake a cake
Designed and baked by me
I love creating this wonderful
Sweet and pretty delicacy

There are many different cakes
For every single occasion
It’s what ever a person likes
So many sugary persuasions

A birthday cake can be designed
For a kid or an adult either one
You can put on what the person likes
Whether it’s a husband, daughter or son

Easter cakes are fun as well
And wedding cakes are very fancy
You could always make a dirt cake
But it may be a little bit chancy

Or perhaps you find a contest
And try to make the fanciest one there
You use all kinds of decorations
Going by rules to make it fair

Whatever kind of cake you make
I know you’ll have such fun
Just as sweet outside as inside
And admired by everyone!


Corners of my kingdom ... 


The beautiful Annapolis River  . . . 

A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.May your life preach more loudly
than your lips.•。★★ 。* 。 

And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

   ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
 ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 

 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!  
     

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much Monique! I will be shouting from the rooftops when the time comes! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to hear your exciting news, Marie. Loved that wee cup with the bird on it. Enjoy your Tuesday. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too Elaine! Don't worry I will be shouting it out when the right time comes! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to find out what new is coming your way. Wishing you much success in your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Pam! I can't wait to be able to reveal all! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Excited to hear what your news is. I am in Virginia USA and would be glad to help if I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI there, you will need to email me with your details, etc. Thanks so much! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Waiting for your exciting news, too bad I'm in Canada else I'd be volunteering to help you out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you would and I would be asking you! I wish they were not so picky as to who can help. I can't wait to reveal all! xoxo

      Delete
  6. Your project sounds interesting...and I wish you all success with it. I am not sure I would have enough time to offer right now, but of course, you know I am in USA...
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Marie,
    I live in Illinois and would love to help if I can. I can't seem to find your email address. Could you please, post it? Vonda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vonda! My email address is mariealicejoan at aol dot com!

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!