Monday 15 November 2021

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard


A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best.   

 
(source

My lesson went okay yesterday.  Got it over with anyways, and had some good feedback on it.  I now have to prepare a ten minute talk to give next Sunday morning on how the Savior ministers to the one. Isn't there an old saying, "There's no rest for the wicked!" 




Having Sunday Dinner as my sister's.  She roasted a chicken yesterday which we enjoyed with some roasted potatoes and sweet potatoes, carrots and brussels sprouts. It was so delicious.  But the best part was being with family.  That is the part I love most of all. 


 

Daily talks with Eileen.  For the most part they are not profound, just chit chat.  But I am very grateful for this daughter of mine who has this desire and will to talk to me every day. When I was in quarantine she visited me twice a day every day at the motel window.  And sometimes Tim did also.  She loves and cares about me, and I her.   I am so grateful for my girl. 
 

 
(source

My father had stopped to get petrol on his way to my sister's yesterday afternoon and he fell coming out from the service station. They have a step there, he didn't see.  I am so grateful that he did not hurt himself/break anything.  I am also grateful to two gentlemen who helped to lift him up off the pavement, and retrieve his keys for him which had flown underneath the car when he fell.  I am sure he was really shaken after the incident, but he still managed to drive to my sisters alright.  I am grateful for that also.  I have not spoken to him yet this morning, but am thinking he will probably be bruised from the experience today.  Personally I think it is time for him to get a cane. I know that is a difficult decision for an older person to make, but if it keeps you from falling over, or helps with your stability, then I think it is a good thing.

I also think that service station need to mark their front step more carefully.



These two little faces that are there to greet me in all of my comings and goings. What great company they are.  I haven't been able to let them sleep in my bedroom yet.  They are usually too active when I go to bed.  Hopefully one of these days they will be calm at that time and we can sleep together.  I don't relish the thought of trying to sleep with a cat bouncing off my head however. lol 

 

Phone calls with my brother.  He doesn't call super often, but when he does I always enjoy them.  When we were much younger he used to call me every Friday from his office.  We would talk for quite a while. I used to look forward to those calls. I had four very young children at the time and a husband who was often away from home for months at a time.  I felt quite isolated.  Those weekly calls from my brother really meant a lot to me.  

You know, I am really blessed to have two very wonderful siblings.  They are good people.  They are very kind and caring individuals. I am so grateful for the relationship we have with each other.  It is a great blessing to me.

 
(source

I opened my eyes this morning and I was still here.  I was still breathing.  I am alive. I give God thanks for one more day. How will I spend it? That remains to be seen, but I hope not to waste it. Every day you are given is a precious commodity.    


 

I am grateful that I was able to get a new battery for my car and had the means to do so. That is no small thing.  Last year when I arrived back in Canada I had only my small Canada Pension which was not very much at all. I now am able to support myself and meet my needs. That is a great blessing to me.

That company I used to write for has offered me a fulltime position at a huge price, but I am going to tell them no. I am busy enough and have very little free time as it is. At 66 years of age I don't want to start a new job. I have been thinking about their offer all weekend and I feel at peace turning them down. They thought nothing of dropping me last Winter just like that and leaving me in the lurch. I don't trust them for one thing.  And for another thing, I just don't have the time.  I do not want to do nothing but work, work, work.  But I am grateful for the offer.   I hope I don't come to regret turning it down. I have other plans to keep however, and miles to walk that don't include them.

My life is very full.  

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*If you listen carefully
the silence is beautiful.
•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。 


In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Blueberry Cheesecake Danish. Very easy to make and most delicious.

I hope your week ahead is filled with an abundance of small and wonderful things.  Along the way don't forget! 

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 


And I do too!  





6 comments:

  1. Trust and intuition! You obviously are making the right decision.KUdos..Although I don't mention your kitties often ..they are super cute and this is a super cute pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your dad is okay!
    You’ve made a tough decision, good for you….onward now….you’re amazing.
    Happy new week to you….to us all. xo,V

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that what you are presently doing makes sufficient income for you and that you don't need anymore work. That is a blessing four sure. Glad too that your dad is ok. Falling when you are older could be disastrous. I;ve been considering a can for myself. It can't hurt. Better safe than sorry is my motto.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your dad was okay. No shame in using a cane. I use a cane and people are always very kind towards me - holding doors, letting me go ahead of them, being offered a chair at the bank. I'm so happy you have a good relationship with Cindy and David. These are the people with the same memories of growing up that you have. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear your Dad is okay, I keep a cane nearby and one in the van, just in case. I've had 2 knee surgeries and not always stable when out on my own. Special times with family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad your dad is ok!! My hubby mostly gets around in a wheelchair now...can use his cane some at home. One adjusts. Safety is what is important!! Ah a nice cup of tea...what is better than that? (well perhaps a bit of chocolate...but I sure enjoy that chocolate mint tea we found!!)
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!