Friday 19 November 2021

My Friday Finds . . .

 

  


A few of the things  I find each week that pique my interest, bring me joy, inspire me to learn, create, do, become . . . Maybe they will do the same for you!    



From Pop Sugar.  How to start a Cookbook Club and why you should.  Sounds good to me.  (But I am a bit biased here.) 



 

One Year to More Organized Photos. From Simple as that Blog



 

From Picsy.  What a great idea for photographing four generations! 


 


Flamingo Toes. An Anthro knock off into the woods necklace.  Complete tutorial. 


 


Awesome Bunting.  From Sparkle Power


  


No source but how hard can it be.  Butchers twine and fabric scraps.  Pinking Sheers. Sweet. 



 

Weaving Danish Heart Baskets.  Radmegan


 
 

Wooden Clothespeg Airplanes.  From Wiki How.  Cute. 


  


How to paint a scalloped border.  Every Day is a Holiday




Women's Day.  DIY Cafe Curtains. 




Ideal Home.  Ideas for Kitchen shelving.  Now I am wishing I had a kitchen window! haha




Vintage Neck Warmer Pattern.  From Ravelry.  I REALLY love this! I think its really pretty.


  


Old Fashioned Paperback Book Cover.  A free crochet pattern from Oombawka Design




Cosmetic Zip Pouches, made using only 2 fat quarters of fabric.  From Polka Dot Chair


 


I love this craft bag. From Sew Sweetness, a free pattern. 




How to remove permanent marker from every thing.  


  


This is so cute.  A Christmas Tree Cheese Ball.  From The Girl Who Ate Everything



Painted Confetti Dish Towels.  From Dandee


  


Decoupage Hangers.  You need wooden ones for this.  So pretty.  From Prima.  




 Pretty pillow cases from Decor 8.  I love pretty pillow cases.  




 A rag quilt tutorial.  From Fleece Fun. 



Shirley Temple anyone?   I have always wondered how to make one.  From Culinary Hill


 


From Ravelry.  Christmas Balls Ornament set.  Not free but not expensive either.  Maybe for next year.   I can't decide which one is the cutest. 

 


How to make mittens from an old sweater.  From Good Homes Designs.   Sweet. 


 

From Cutesy Crafts, button and felt snowmen ornies.  



Nana and Co on flickr.  


 


Some inspiration from BeedeeBabee.  Eye Candy for every season.
 


 
I totally adore this knitted hood.  Love.  LOVE!  From Ravelry.  I am not one for hats, but I would wear this. I need to learn to knit better. 

 

How to make the perfect bow.  I have always loved this. 


 


No source, but how hard could this be. What a spectacular idea!!   Healthy too!  


 


From Tip Hero.  Icecube Tray Chocolates.  Great idea!  




From Ang Says.  Ever so handy. I need all the help I can get in this area.



 

Show Boxes as Drawer Dividers.  From Real Simple

 


Use an old book cover to create a new scrapbook for the holidays.  From The Nerd Nest.  I love this idea.  Plus the old pages you take out could be used for altered art.  


 

Holiday Card Holder anyone?   What a unique idea and great repurposing.  From Four Corners Design. 



30 + Cute ways to wrap Christmas Presents.  From No Biggie.  




No Source, but I love this idea of using an old picture frame for a unique and pretty door wreath.  Its a great way to use up some extra baubles as well!  


 

This is cute.  A DIY Family Photo Christmas Wreath.  I love it!  From The Crafting Chicks.  Its supposed to be for Valentines Day, but it would work for Christmas very well I think! 


 


Create Craft Love.  A lighted Burlap Garland.  Simple. 

 

Ravelry.  A cute neck warmer to knit.   Love the ruffle. Sweet! 

And those are my finds for this week. I hope you found something of value that you can use. I find lots more than this, but these are things I think you just might like. I hope that you did!

I had a great day yesterday.  I have gotten my talk half written and then my sister and I took an impromptu trip up the Valley. We had placed a Costco order. There is a convenience store up-country who makes weekly trips into Costco and picks up whatever you want for a small fee. We've used them a few times now and it works beautifully for us. No membership fee and we get exactly what we want. We are really happy with it.

Then of course if we are up that far we went to Michaels.  I picked up a couple of craft items to do with Josh the weekend he is here.  I can't wait!! I got a gingerbread man decorating cookie kit, and these two small ornament kit things. Buy one, get one free.  I also got a few dribs and drabs to decorate my home a little bit so that it looks a tiny bit festive when they come. Can you tell I am excited to see them?  I am!! My son called yesterday to confirm they will be here from the Saturday (27th) until the Tuesday next!!!

A thought to carry with you . . .


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.Forgiveness does not change the past,
but it does enlarge the future.
~Paul Boese   
•。★★ 。* 。  

 

In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Grandmother's Corn Pudding!  Delicious! 

Have a wonderful Friday!  I am putting the finishing touches onto my talk today and doing a bit of work. I might decorate. We will see.  Whatever you get up to, don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!  
     



10 comments:

  1. You have a Spring in your step this fall☺️☺️☺️👌🏻⭐️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Monique! I think you are right! xoxo

      Delete
  2. What a great idea that store has for Costco shopping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do Linda!!! They are very enterprising, and they have quite a fair bit of Costco stock in shop as well! Its very handy! Halifax is a couple of hours from us and with Covid, we just don't want to go in! xoxo

      Delete
  3. What a lot of great ideas. Love the Christmas tree-shaped cheese ball and fruit/veggie tree. The card holder is fun and I'm going to make those ice cube tray chocolates. Good luck with your talk, Marie. Will that be your last one till after Christmas? Have fun decorating. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those also Elaine. I am sure I have shared them before, but some things just bear reminding! I want to try the chocolates as well, but then again, I never have enough hours in the day to do all the things I want to do! I have one more lesson to teach before Christmas! in three weeks time! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  4. FABULOUS Friday Finds! Good luck on your talk, it will be fabulous also!
    How lovely to to shop with your sis, those are special times.
    Enjoy your day, V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks V, I am hoping that it is! You enjoy your day also! xoxo

      Delete
  5. I hope you have a wonderful time with your son and his family It sounds like you are ready to have lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! I am very much looking forward to it! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!