Monday 1 November 2021

Small and Wonderful Things!

 

"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard


A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best.   

 

Bedecking the house for Halloween. I cannot take credit for any of it. This was all the work of Dan the Man.  I am grateful for this brother in law of mine who loves LOVES holidays of any kind and injects lots of love and energy into them all!  He made my yard really spooky.



He even carved the most magnificent pumpkins.  They were huge! 


 


One had the most magnificently gory, scary, ghoulish face!  


 

The other one looked like Egyptian hieroglyphics to me. Like something from Raiders of the Lost Arc!  I shall call this his Indiana Jones Jack O Lantern I think!  Its pretty good though. Can you see the eyes nose and mouth?  Fabulous job Dan! 



Here he is all decked out in his Spiderman gear ready to hand out treats to the Trick or Treaters! 




 He did a great job and we had a LOT of trick or treaters.  I had made up 95 bags and there are only a few leftover. 


 
There were tons of really neat costumes. I was amazed at all the work that went into them. Most were handmade from scratch and even the parents were dressed up.  I locked the kitties in the spare bedroom for the duration just so that they would be safe.   

I am so thankful for family to celebrate Halloween with. Dad was here for supper and bought us all KFC.  It was just nice to be together. 


Here the kitties are this morning. Safe and sound. Doing their morning thing.  Watching the birds from the basket on top of their scratching post.  They are such little dears.  My sister was on the phone to me the other night and I put her on Speaker Phone and she was talking to Nutmeg. He was seriously interested in the voice that was coming out of the phone.  He knew she was talking to him, but just couldn't figure out where she was. He even looked under the TV tray table that the phone was on to see if she was hiding there. So cute! 

Family, they have helped to make this most difficult year a lot easier than it could have been.  I am so grateful for all of them. 

They are not small things, family is a HUGE thing, but its pretty wonderful! 

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*Its not how big the house is,
its how happy the home is.
•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。 


In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Mary Berry's Cottage Pie with Cheesy Topping.  I did some in a jacket potato for myself and then a casserole for my sister the other day. Both were delicious!  

Happy first of November!  I hope your month is filled with an abundance of small and wonderful things!  Whatever you get up to, don't forget! 

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 


And I do too!  


11 comments:

  1. I see the second pumpkin as having spoons, perfect for you the cook 🥄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually he did use spoons as a pattern for this pumpkin Linda! Well spotted. I thought he did a great job making them look like a nose eyes and mouth! xoxo

      Delete
  2. He's wonderful!Wow a great Halloween chez vous!I think that pumpkin looks like spoons for all your great recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they were perfect for me the cook! I never thought of that. He's a great guy. You couldn't ask for a better brother in law! xoxo

      Delete
  3. You had a really fun Halloween. Love Dan's pumpkins. We had KFC to celebrate my 21st birthday. Yikes, that was a long time ago, lol. November is here and we can embrace getting ready for Christmas. Enjoy your day. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine I did! KFC was a real treat when we were growing up. Its not something we eat very often for sure, but it was some good! I can't wait to begin my Christmas prep this year! My first in my new home! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  4. So glad you had a Happy Halloween with family to celebrate with. I went two one of sons homes for Trick or treat. We had lots of kids stop by for treats too. We had rain but it didn't stop them from going out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That must have been so much fun Pam! It sure is nice to have family to spend time with! We had a few showers here, but like you, it didn't stop the children from having their fun! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Love your Halloween fun with family - and all those trick or treaters! Lovely! And those two kitties at the window - so sweet. I can just see Nutmeg listening to your sister on the phone! And the cottage pie sure looks good!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a delightful Halloween you had! So lovely to have family close. We had a ton of trick-or-treaters also, a happy surprise! Happy November and take care.
    xo, V

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Marie....I think your Indiana Jones pumpkin fits you perfectly. Being the great chef that you are, I see spoons. Eye spoons and a nose spoon. And the mouth, a pot, with the nose spoon stirring the pot.
    Sounds like you had a wonderful Halloween.
    Sending Idaho Hugs - Marsha

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!