Tuesday 2 April 2019

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

FOR TODAY, April 2nd, 2019 


Outside my window ...
Because our clocks finally went forward the sun is only just beginning to rise now, but the morning chorus has begun and it looks to be a dry day so far! 


I am thinking ...  



About the lovely care package I got in the mail yesterday from our Doug and family.  Sure put a smile on my face! It was the best beginning to a new month! 

I am thankful for ...
My family. Immediate, extended, all of it. 


One of my favourite things ... 
A rare treat, and they're mine, all mine! 


In the Kitchen ... 
Hot Italian Foccacia Melts 
Hot Italian Focaccia Melts, with three deli meats, parmesan garlic butter, four cheese blend and spicy pickle, all between the soft layers of a Focaccia thin.  Scrumptious!


On my "To Cook" list ... 


Kid Friendly Things to do.  Chicken Enchiladas with sour cream sauce.  I adore enchiladas. 

Good to know ... 


 Of Life and Lisa.  There's some great tips here. 


I am creating ... 


Churchmouse Yarns and Teas. Blackberry Kerchief.  Love the delicateness of this. Free pattern. 



Make.  Cardiganize an old pullover.  Tutorial how to. Great idea! 



Doriana Rivelli on Ravelry.  Vintage Market Tote.  Not free but not expensive either. Less than £2.


Kid & Kin. DIY Floral Bunny Headband.  



Hello Little Home.  Mason Jar Easter Baskets.  


I am Reading ... 


Mrs Sherlock Holmes, by Brad Ricca  

This is the shocking and amazing true story of the first female U.S. District Attorney and traveling detective who found missing 18-year-old Ruth Cruger when the entire NYPD had given up.

Mrs. Sherlock Holmes tells the true story of Grace Humiston, the lawyer, detective, and first woman U.S. District Attorney who turned her back on New York society life to become one of the nation's greatest crime-fighters during an era when women were still not allowed to vote. After agreeing to take the sensational case of missing eighteen-year-old Ruth Cruger, Grace and her partner, the hard-boiled detective Julius J. Kron, navigated a dangerous web of secret boyfriends, two-faced cops, underground tunnels, rumors of white slavery, and a mysterious pale man, in a desperate race against time. Brad Ricca's Mrs. Sherlock Holmes is the first-ever narrative biography of this singular woman the press nicknamed after fiction's greatest detective. Her poignant story reveals important clues about missing girls, the media, and the real truth of crime stories.

Just started.

I am looking forward to ... 
General Conference this weekend.  Can't wait to see and hear what our church leaders have to share with us!

Dreaming about ...


Fresh from the garden vegetables  . . .  

  

Good Laundry drying days and sheets that smell of sunshine  . . . 




Sigh  . . . 


  

 Vintage tins  . . . 



Cath Kidston chickens  . . . 

Makes me smile ... 

  

Finally, a grandson's art hanging on my refrigerator.  Jake coloured a picture for me!  Makes me smile big time.  I have waited a long time for something like this! 

Something to watch ... 


The Highwaymen on Netflix.  This was great!  


A thought to carry with you  ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Grace is when God gives us good things 
we don't deserve.
Mercy is when He spares us from
the bad things we do deserve.
Blessings are when He is generous
with both.
Truly, we can never run out
of reasons  to thank Him. •。★★ 。* 。 

Corners of my Kingdom ... 


The Tower Garden at Tatton Park, here in Cheshire.  This country estate has the most amazing themed gardens. You could spend all day and never see them all!  


And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 


Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   

10 comments:

  1. Hi, Marie! So GOOD to catch up with you here... What fun the treats from your Dough & family!! :) So many good things here today... LOVE those delicate knit (?) kerchiefs--wow! VERY fun the tutorial on making over a jumper into a cardigan! Oooo... the bunny ears headband is sooo CUTE and pretty too! Guess it would be weird if I wore something like that to church Easter Sunday?! ;) Those Easter mason jars are a fun idea too--love the paper flowers on top. :) Happy Spring Days to you & yours, my dear friend... LOVE YOU SO MUCH!! OXOXOX ((LOVE & HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can just picture you and TJ going to church on Easter Sunday wearing bunny ears Tracy! lol Love and hugs to you and Happy Spring wishes. I owe you an e-mail! xoxo

      Delete
  2. I love Jake's Minion! I know the feeling you are feeling..loved♥
    So happy..I see all the Canadian snacks:) Lovely Marie.Lovely!!
    Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a very nice feeling Monique! I have aready tasted a few of the cheetos. I love crunchy cheetos! Hope your day was a beautiful one also. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Hi Marie, what a lovely parcel to receive and a fabulous minion too, not surprised it's got pride of place on the fridge!

    I'm going to check out the cleaning tips, cleaning is my favourite hobby!

    My foot is really good and I'm just using the one crutch when I go out. Just need to do regular physio on it now.

    We're taking my sister out tomorrow as Richard is really struggling at the moment. Isabella has become verbally abusive towards him and it's just heartbreaking. This is indeed a horrendous illness.

    Take care and lot's of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate, I am so pleased your foot is doing so well. Yay! I hope you have a good day with your sister today. I know it must be so very difficult. ((((hugs)))) xoxo

      Delete
  4. Hi Marie~

    I love seeing that cute coloring page on your fridge! I know you have waited a long time for it, and I am so happy for you! The care package was so sweet, what a wonderful son who knows all the things his mama loves!

    I also think that your Daybook post is wonderful, so many great ideas and beautiful things to look at. I especially loved the little, Easter jars, so cute. It doesn't seem possible that Easter is right around the corner. I'm anxiously waiting for it to warm up enough for me to hang my laundry out, always a good day when that happens!

    Bob and I watched, The Highwayman the other night, it was so good. My biggest fear when I was a little girl was not the Boogie Man or monsters under my bed, it was the Mafia and Bonnie and Clyde!! Those kinds of things just terrified me!

    It sounds like everything in your world is good, I have missed your blog and I'm hoping to come back and check out every link on this post!

    I know your heart is still hurting...mine too, you are always in my prayers. Love you sweet friend!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We certainly are Sisters in grief Barb, having both lost our mums so close to each other. You are in my prayers also. I am looking forward to Conference this weekend and listening to the talks. I know you will be also! Love you! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Hi Marie, aren't Cheetos just the best? When you crave them, you crave them. Then months go by and I don't think of them until suddenly there they are and you gotta have them again, lol. Loved that pretty bedroom with the colourful quilt on the bed. I put Mrs. Sherlock Holmes on hold at the library and it's already in transit. Lovely you got your package from your son and fun it included refrigerator art from your grandson. I hope the package I sent you didn't fall off the ship, lol. I wonder why it's taking so long. Oh, well, it will get there eventually. Next time, I'll find a faster way to get it to you. Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son's got here so quickly because he sent it airmail. I was surprised actually it came as fast as it did. No worries, I am sure yours is still on the way! Oh, I am enjoying those cheetos a few at a time. I adore the crunchy ones! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!