Saturday 6 April 2019

A Little Flight of Fancy . . .


Hello!  Good morning!  I've been waiting for you, the doors open.  I know some of you have come ever so far to be here.  Come in, sit down and rest a spell  . . . 



I'll put the kettle on while Todd carries your bags up to your room.  Perhaps you'd like to freshen up a bit after your journey.  The loo's at the end of the hall.   


  


 I've put you in the attic room.  I hope you don't mind. I think it's rather cosy and you'll each have your own space to curl up in. In the meantime, I'll make a cuppa and guess what . . .  I knew you were coming so I baked!  I hope you've brought your appetites! 
 

  

Cherry, Pumpkin or Apple  . . .  you have a choice!  I can even warm it up for you and serve it a la mode! 


I'm just so happy that you are here and I can't wait for us to begin our time together.  Don't we have a beautiful day for it?  The sun is shining and the birds are singing.  I thought after we had our cuppa and pie, and a nice little natter together  . . .  we might take a walk around the garden . . .  things are really beginning  to wake up over there.  Spring is busy springing!!   



The bees are bumbling and the flowers are starting to dance, everything looks so fresh and new and of course green.  Can you hear the birds singing?  They sing such a pretty song this time of year . . . 

The kiss of the sun for pardon,
the song of the birds for mirth.
One is nearer God's heart 
in a garden,
than anywhere else on earth!  


  

We might even catch a glimpse of Peter Rabbit while we are out there.  He is frequently seen out and about. 


Although be warned ahead of time, he will probably skedaddle as soon s he sees us coming  . . .  and I haven't seen his little blue jacket in a long time now.  I think he must have left it someplace . . . 


  

Try not to get too spooked when the neighbours all drop by to say hello.  They're a friendly bunch, really they are. 


And Mrs Tiggy Winkle might even say hello  . . . 


After lunch I thought we might take a wander down the lane into the fields.  They are ever so pretty this time of year.  Fresh and green after the winter  . . . .  


  

Its lambing season now, so we may even catch a glimpse of the newbies.  They're ever so cute.  



Pardon the wash  . . .  one must make hay while the sun shines.  You know how it goes  . . . 


  

I thought after lunch you might like to hanker down in a comfy chair with a good book.  I have all the classics . . .  you can't beat a good classic  . . . 



Or a comfy chair  . . . . 

  

Then you set the table  . . .  while I shell the peas  . . .  



You do like peas I hope  . . .  I always add a touch of mint.  It really gives them a lovely lift. 


  

The nights can still be a bit chilly so after supper I think I'll light a fire and we can toast our toes next to it and reflect on our day.  I'll dig out the toasting forks before bed.  You haven't tasted anything until you've enjoyed bread toasted over an open fire  . . . with plenty of butter and jam . . .




And then to bed  . . . sleep well because,  in the morning we'll probably do it all over again . . .  


  

Nighty night  . . . 


A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Sometimes its the people that
nobody can imagine anything of
that do the things that
nobody can imagine  . . . •。★★ 。* 。  

Congratulations to my sister Cindy on the arrival of a new Grandchild.  A wee girl . . .  Ivory Margaret, Ivy for short.  Her first granddaughter!


Lemon Curd Drizzle Cake  


In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Lemon Curd Drizzle Cake.  Yummy!  

Have a wonderful Saturday.  May grace upon you and your heart be full.  Don't forget! 


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too! 









13 comments:

  1. :) ... what a welcoming post. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much Marsha! I thought it would be fun! I hope you enjoy the Conference this weekend! xoxo

      Delete
  2. ADorable Marie:)
    And great news re Ivy..I love that name to bits.Ivory is wow.
    What a gift !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monique! And she was born on my sister's oldest daughter's Birthday as well. It is a really special gift for sure! She is as cute as a button with a lovely full head of hair. xoxo

      Delete
  3. A lovely idea with charming photos. I enjoyed reading this post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed my visit with you, Marie. Are you sure you don't run a Bed and Breakfast in secret? Lovely exciting news about Ivory and such a pretty name. I bet you're going to make her something handmade and beautiful from her Great-Auntie Marie. Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that was always my dream Elaine, to run a B&B. Too long in the tooth now though. I will be making something for Ivy for sure! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Absolutely lovely Marie, finally I can comeback more than a week without internet!! hugs and love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs and love Gloria! There is nothing worse than being without the internet! Welcome back! xoxo

      Delete
  6. Hi Marie~

    Wow, I loved my visit with you...I just wish I was really there! I'm pretty sure a visit at your home is just as lovely :0)

    I've never toasted bread over a fire, it sounds delightful! Of course everything you shared today was warm and inviting...loved it!

    General Conference was wonderful...filled my cup for this morning!

    Much love to you and Todd, enjoy Conference!! XOXO

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had our cups filled with Conference also Barb. Loved all the talks, but no surprise there. I took lots of notes! Love you! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!