Saturday 20 April 2019

Saturday this and that . . .


Easter Weekend dawned beautifully yesterday with Good Friday and loads of sunshine and warm temperatures. You would have been quite forgiven if you had thought it a day in July rather than a day in April. It truly was beautiful. 



The members of our church family and friends had been invited out to a member's farm to spend a pleasant afternoon together.  It was the perfect day for it.  You couldn't ask for a nicer day or a nicer locale to gather together in. 


  

There were beautiful horses with brand new foals  . . . 


Loads of baby lambs . . .  look at that blue sky! 


  

Plenty of horsing around (sorry couldn't resist!)  



Barn cats wearing tuxedos  . . . 

  

Bubble blowing  . . . 



Table Tennis  . . . 

  

and Badminton  . . .   



Even the three Wise men showed up! 

In all seriousness though, it was a perfect day, with plenty of fellowshipping, great activities and lots of goodies to enjoy. 

  

A good time was had by all! 

It got me to thinking about the Easter celebrations of my childhood which were marked with wax crayon coloured eggs (done by my mom), chocolate bunnies, marshmallow filled eggs and baked Easter Ham.  We had ham twice a year, for New Years and for Easter, and afterwards always we knew we had the promise of a big pot of my mother's homemade Pea Soup.  One year I decided I was not going to eat my Easter Candy, but save it for as long as I could.  I had a bed with a bookcase headboard.  It had a sliding door on it that shut.  I stored my goodies in there.  Later in the day I decided that maybe I would try the ears  . . .  but lo and behold when I went in for a nibble, all of it was gone.  Our country cousins had been there for the afternoon  and they had helped themselves, not only to that, but they had also tried to eat my flower soap. I guess it looked like candy to them as well.  I felt vindicated in knowing that the culprit had been treated to a mouthful of soap along with my Easter goodies. 


I had several lovely Face times as well yesterday.  First with my oldest son and his family, Anthony, Anne, Gabe and Luke.  It was lovely to see and talk to them all.  My son had just baked Croissants, and was taking them out of the oven.  We talked for quite a while.  We blubbered a bit over my mom, etc. 



My mom loved all of her Grandchildren of course (all 13 of them) but she and Anthony were particularly close, probably because we had lived with my mom and dad when he was really small.  He was the original Easter Bunny.  I will have to share this photo with him and his boys today.  I am sure they would get a kick out of it. 


And there was a face time shared with my middle son Doug and his family, Kayla, Jon, Josh and Jake.  It was lovely to see all of them.  Jon has gotten his braces now.  He will be 13 in just a few weeks. He and Gabe are the same age.  Doug was going to be cooking them a Chinese meal later on, and he sent me a photo of it.  The Sweet & Sour Chicken Balls recipe is the one from my book.  I love that all my sons are good cooks. 

I also got to talk to my sister for a bit and our Eileen.  So all in all it was a great day!  


This little flower enjoying some Easter Sunshine.  She's just precious.  Todd was supposed to pick me up an Easter Egg for her yesterday and arrived home with one of these.   

  

I'm sure the prime motivating factor was that it was small and, well . . . cheap.
Say no more  . . . 


Today looks to be a fine day as well.  Most unusual for a Bank Holiday weekend. We may go and pick up some Bean seeds and get them planted out in pots on the patio.  It all depends on what Todd has planned.  Yesterday I sent him to M&S to pick up some Hot Cross Buns because the ones we had gotten at Asda the other day were naff.  Hardly any fruit or spice in them, and I knew that the M&S ones would be gorgeous.  He came home with two packs of the Mini Chocolate Chip Hot Cross Buns.  Plenty of chocolate chips, but not a sultana or currant in sight . . .  no spice either.  They will make a great bread pudding however, so maybe after my oven is fixed I will make him one of those.  He wasn't wearing his glasses and didn't read what it said. Next to the tils he figured hot cross buns were hot cross buns.  At least he tried!  (Counting my blessings.)  You can get all sorts of flavours of Hot Cross Buns over here, every flavour under the sun.  But for me true  Hot Cross Buns, and the only ones deserving of being called Hot Cross Buns . . .  are the ones stogged with vine fruits and spice! 

And with that I will leave you with a thought for the day . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Easter says
you can put truth 
in a grave,
but it won't stay there.
~Clarence W Hall•。★★ 。* 。 


Never forget.  I am so grateful for my Saviour.

Chocolate & Peanutbutter Cheerio Cups 

In the English Kitchen today a no-bake treat for the hols.  Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cheerio Cups. Nom nom! 

Have a beautiful Saturday.  Don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   
 








4 comments:

  1. That looks like a lovely outing! Our area..not me..is under flood warnings..it was bad in 2017..and it could get bad this week..frozen ground too much rain..NB too..Enjoy the weekend..:)Your boys are a chip off you:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are flood warnings near where my son lives also (Fredericton.) Hopefully not his place, fingers crossed! He is quite a bit up the hill from the river. I wish I could claim all of my son's cooking prowess as my own, but their dad and paternal grandfather also loved to cook, so it is in their blood for sure! ♥♥♥ Happy Easter!

      Delete
  2. Wow your church activity looked so fun. I loved all the photos of it. I wish we had funnier activities here. We don't do that much anymore. It is so good for fellow-shipping.
    I'm so happy that you were able to visit with your three children and sister and most important our grandchildren. I loved the little bunny costume picture of your son and your Mom.
    I especially loved learning that your sons like to cook like you. I'm sad your stove is still a problem.
    Todd is so sweet to go shopping for you. I have sent my hubby off a few times and he comes home with some interesting stuff.
    This was a fun post!
    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really have one of the nicest Wards LeAnn! Everyone feels like family, which is quite unusual for British people! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!