Monday 15 April 2019

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

 
 
 
"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard  

A few of the small and wonderful things from the past week which brought untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best.  

 
 
I marvel that we live in a day when we have instant communication, but it is so nice to get something in the post that isn't a bill or junk mail!  I was blessed with several bits of snail mail love this past week and they both did my heart a world of good. Thank you, thank you, thank you. 
 
 
  
 
Work continues on my little assemblage piece.  I've gotten the dress done, complete with silver key in pocket, the Mad Hatter's Hat, a bottle with a silver spoon (just have the drink me sign to do), a pair of shoes and am in the process of decoupaging a box to hold these things and pondering on the presentation of them. 
 
 
The shoes have presented me with the largest challenge thus far, but I think I have figured out how to do them now. 
 
   
 
They needed to be so tiny.  I tried everything and finally clocked it and had success.It took a lot of manipulation but I managed to rise to the challenge and conquer it!  Yay!  

 
 
Thanks to modern technology every Sunday night can still be Call the Midwife Night.  We are watching the series (yes, again) on Netflix.  There is such a dearth of really great television these days.  Love watching this show that is sweet, and gentle, and yet realistic without being coarse or vulgar.  Yes, it makes you cry, but in a good way. 
 
 
  
 
This started yesterday, but we haven't watched it yet.  This is the final season.  We have been busy watching all the episodes of Series 7 on catch up so that we are fully prepped for Season 8.  We have two more episodes, and then we can begin. 
 
I know, a complete contrast to Call The Midwife.
Call me an enigma.  

 
 
A book I am reading.  I am only on the first chapter and so far it is helping. Will I ever truly be healed?  I don't know. Maybe not, but possibly this book will help me to at least take an important step in that direction.  Its kind of scary at the same time.  Letting go  . . . 


Faith  . . .  it isn't a small thing.  To me it is everything . . .  



This . . . that is what my faith does for me.  It helps me to be still. It gives me hope.  It gives me an anchor for my still soul. 


  

I listen to this channel all the time.  It accompanies me throughout my day.  Such a positive uplifting message. In stark contrast to the voice of the world which is always clammoring, discomforting and confusing, and oftimes negative. This brings me peace throughout my day, without things like Brexit, or Donald or other mixed messages that I find upsetting.  This helps me to stand on Holy Ground, to make my home Holy Ground and a place of respite. 

  

A way of life.  I've been practicing this for several years now and I do believe I am conquering the human tendancy that we have to judge others.  Not perfect . . .  no, I am far from that  . . .  but I am trying.  Some days I do better than others, and that's okay.  


  

This next week we are celebrating Easter, which began yesterday with Palm Sunday and will culminate on Sunday next with our celebration of the Risen Christ.  Words can never express how I truly feel about this.  My heart swells with love and gratitude whenever I think of  it all. There is so much hope in the message of the Gospel.  I know that I am never truly alone and need never be alone.  I know where I came from, why I am here and where I am headed.  I know that I will be reunited with my loved ones one day.   Peace. Hope. Comfort. Purpose.  It has made all the difference in the world to me. That doesn't mean that I do not sometimes feel afraid, or sad, or stressed about stuff . . .  but it does mean that I have help when I am feeling any one of those things . . . or all of those things. 



I am grateful for my little home. It may not truly belong to us, but we have made it comfortable and a haven.  We have created a tiny spot of Holy ground for us outside of the Temple.  A place of comfort.  A place of peace. A haven in the storm.  


(source)


The art of being kind.  Yes, it does sometimes take courage, and it takes humility at times also, but it is always worth.  If you can be nothing else . . .  be kind. You will never regret being kind. 
 
 
 
I'm there  . . .  
 
 
Daily talks with our Eileen.  I look forward to them and worry when she isn't on messenger that something is wrong or that she is ill.  I think she is about 12 months old in this photo.  Seeing that old sofa makes me smile.  We got it from someone who was throwing it out and it was a treasure to us . . .  Eileen is a treasure to me!  

 
  
 
Facetimes at the weekend with Doug.  They always cheer my heart.  He is a good, good man. 
 
Life is good. 
 
I have run out of time this morning.  I was up a tad bit later and we want to get Todd in to see the Doctor  today as he has not been at all well this weekend, so that means an early start!  So for now I will leave you with a thought for today  . . . 
 
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.
You don't have a soul.
You are a soul.
You have a body.
~C S Lewis •。★★ 。* 。 
 

Easy Pizza Rolls 
 
In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Easy Pizza Rolls.  Yum!


Have a wonderful Monday.  I hope your week ahead is filled with plenty of small and wonderful things. Don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  
 
And I do too! 

 
 
 


6 comments:

  1. Your mini scape is charming Marie! I appreciate snail mail too:) I was kind of surpsried when birthday cards became e cards..
    I like corresponding w/ a pen in hand..a trip to the post office..some pretty stationary etc..
    Hope the book soothes you..I love inspirational things..
    And CTM..I have Call The Midwife face this morning and we had home made pizza w/ salt in the dough..so it's a pizza face combined with a CTM face=double puffy.;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to write letters and I like to get letters. We have more time saving conveniences today than ever, but we seem to have less and less time! so sorry you have a puffy puffy face! ((((hugs)))) CTM does it to me every time! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Hi Marie, hope Todd's appointment with the doctor went well and he is feeling much better. I think it's lovely that you and Eileen keep in touch with each other every day. Very sad news about Notre Dame Cathedral burning in Paris. Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They felt it was muscle strain. He was still with the heating pad yesterday and had a nap in the afternoon. He usually only has a nap on Sundays. Its very sad about Notre Dame for sure. I hear it will take ten years to restore it. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  3. Thanks, Marie as always for a delightful post. I
    I am afraid, I mainly get junk mail. I love it when I hear from a dear friend. I wish that more people penned a letter instead of an email.
    The little shoes you made are just so adorable. You are amazing. I think this set is so cute.
    I enjoyed all of your picture quotes and really love your thoughts on the Risen Savior. How I love Him!
    I should try to watch the Midwife sometime. I have heard it is good.
    The book sounds like a great one; please review it for me. There are many including myself that need to let go of life things.
    I love the tender sweet relationship you have with Eileen and Doug. I'm so happy you have frequent contact.
    I will be praying that your Todd is OK.
    Sending loving thoughts, prayers and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We get lots of junk mail for sure. I miss my mom's letters. I am so happy that I saved most of them. They are like a journal of sorts! So far I am getting a lot out of the book LeAnn! Love, hugs and prayers to you also! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!