Thursday 11 April 2019

My Favourite Things . . .


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 


A few of the things which catch my eye, inspire me, pluck at my heart strings, make me smile, or that I just enjoy.  Maybe they will do the same for you.   



Strawberry plates . . .  or actually any dishes with strawberries on them at all!  My sister had some when she was first married that I coveted.  



Sigh  . . . .  

 Refrigerator Bran Muffins 

Refrigerator Bran Muffins  . . .  time to make more batter . . .  have just eaten the last muffin.  It has been my breakfast of choice for 12 days running.  This time, the whole recipe instead of a half recipe methinks! 


Being able to throw open the windows and let in the fresh air after a long Winter's sleep  . . .  Spring is sprining up everywhere! 

  

Ivy patterned wall paper.  Its in my mother's kitchen . . .  I mean my sister's.  Oops.  I hope she keeps it.  I have always wanted ivy patterned wall paper.  This comes from John Lewis and is £56 a roll if you can imagine! 



English Cottage tea cosies . . . 


  

Mis-matched cups.  They make life interesting  . . .  




Half canopies  . . .  very elegant  . . . 


  

Spring blossom . . .  its all around us now  . . . 



Danish butter cookies  . . .  and they all come in a little frilly cup which makes them taste even better. You can't eat just one! 

  

Old books  . . .  when you think of the number of hands which have held them and gazed upon their pages  . . . its just awe inspiring  . . . 

   

Piano music . . .  I could listen to Paul Cardall for hours and hours and hours  . . .  



Hens . . .  they each come with their own personalities  . . .  


 

The British Robin  . . .  I suppose it is technically a European Robin . . .  their birdsong is quite beautiful to wake up to  . . .

I wake from a dream, reach towards day as it hatches, its tiny beak presses against the delicate shell of sky. Today I might learn to fly. ~ Christine Valters Paintner, “Wings” in Dreaming of Stone… 



Bumble bees . . . they shouldn't be able to fly technologically speaking, but somehow they do  . . . 


   

Pancakes  . . .  and syrup  . . . and sometimes with tinned peaches, especially if they are buttermilk pancakes  . . . 



Vegetable gardens . . .  wish we had better soil than what we do  . . .  they always hold so much promise. You cannot beat freshly picked vegetables . . . 



Tippy-toeing bare footed across a wooden floor  . . .  will it creak?  I hope not . . .  



  

New socks . . .  socks that are worth darning . . .  such a luxury  . . . 



Old wooden spoons  . . .  they carry the scent of a thousand makes and bakes . . .  every pot of soup cooked  . . .  every pudding stirred  . . .  it is the scent of every hand that has held them.  



Poetry.  I carry within me the heart of a poet  . . . 


 

A slice of cake to enjoy   . . . 


  

Fresh clean pages to fill  . . .  


Each one of you  . . . .


A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Never regret a day in your life.
Good days bring you happiness
& bad days bring you experience.
~unknown    •。★★ 。* 。 



Crispy Smashed Baby Potatoes 

In the kitchen today  . . .  Crispy Smashed New Potatoes  . . .  with dips. 


Hope you have a beautiful day.  Love and be loved! Don't forget!  
 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   



 

2 comments:

  1. Lots of pretties as always:)I a here to report that your muffins are so good:) I'll pop some more in before I leave.Mois!
    I used to make half canopies over our bed..with frills and such;)
    Not since 25 yrs at least though:
    Have a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to make up some more mix today and baked another half dozen! I have been having one every morning. I can't believe I had waited nine years to bake them again! I had forgotten how good they were I guess! You have a beautiful day also! Hope your snow melts quickly! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!