Tuesday 24 July 2018

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 
 
FOR TODAY, July 24th, 2018

Outside my window ...
The sun is up and wearing her hat, but we are also having a sunshower.  We need the rain. I know it won't last however, but look what she brought with her  . . . 


A rainbow.

 
I am thinking ...
Shootings in Toronto, shootings in an LDS church in Nevada, a three year old in a push chair in an acid attack, a pensioner pushed from his scooter and robbed, and that is just the tip of the iceberg.  We live in a crazy world that is getting crazier by the minute.

In the kitchen ...

 

Foil Pack Chili Cheese Fries.  Camping food. Easy peasy. No fuss, no muss. No clean-up afterwards. You can cook them on the BBQ or in the oven. Its up to you! And, they're delicious! 

On my "To Cook" list ...

 
Hello Honey.  Creme Brulee Cookie Bars.  I probably won't, but they look fabulously tasty!!!

Good to Know ...


Hey There Home. How to mix fabric patterns like a pro, for decorating your home.  

I am creating ...


Let's Knit.  Quick and easy Forget Me Nots. Free pattern. 


One Little Project. Wiggly Worm Puppets. Cute! 


Knitting and Com.  Daffodil Stitch Tea Cosy. Free pattern.  


Simply Noteable. Tumbling Bunnies.  So cute!  Again, a free pattern.



Reader's Wrap by Lisa Carnahan on Ravelry. Not free but not expensive either.  

Oh my goodness ... 

Border Biscuits . . .  Dark Chocolate Gingers.  Can't eat just one.

I am reading ... 

 

More than the Tattooed Mormon, by Al Carraway
“Don’t go, Al. You won’t fit in.”

Being baptized and following the Lord has made Al’s life harder than it ever was before. She endured criticism from friends and family for becoming a Mormon. She faced harsh judgments from Church members for her appearance. She gave up everything and felt more alone than she ever had in her life. All because she chose God.

Now she shares an up-close look at how trusting God has led her to places she never expected. As a blogger, YouTuber, and award-winning public speaker, her message has reached millions. Sharing her love of the Savior, Al goes beyond her own conversion and encourages readers to choose God above anything else. This uplifting book inspires readers to build a true relationship with the Lord that will bring them real, lasting happiness. 
Loving this.  
 
Looking forward to ... 
 We are having Tina and Tony, and Carolyn and Eric over for a BBQ lunch on Thursday. I am really looking forward to spending some time with good friends! Finger's crossed it doesn't rain! 
 
Dreaming about ...
 
 
Fairy Tale Cottages  . . . 
 
  
 
Window seats  . . . 



China  . . .  scalloped and edged in dainty roses  . . . 


Lace trimmed shelves  . . . 

  

White ironstone  . . . 


Light and airy with wooden floors  . . . 

Something to watch ... 

  

Mary Magdalene.  An interesting perspective and probably closer to the truth . . . 

Makes me smile ... 


Mom on her birthday. 86 years young  . . . She looks really happy.  She's probably saying, don't take my picture.  She has never liked having her picture taken unless she is totally prepared.

Corners of my kingdom ... 


 Lake Vyrnwy Hotel Llanwddyn in Llanwddyn, Powys . . . Wales.  Lake Bala in Snowdonia.


And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 




Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!   



16 comments:

  1. Morning Marie, what a lovely photo that is of Mum she is looking good for her age...it was nice to see these knitting patterns, if I was into T cosies I would make one. However the .....cosies.....Mary and I make are for the seamen you arrive from Asia etc with very few warm clothes so we knit hats mufflers neck warmers etc and send them to the Seamans Mission .....some of the patterns could be used for hats though....have a good day enjoy the BBQ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why, but I never get notification of your comments Sybil! Its wierd! Mom is very content so that makes me happy! Your giving to the Seamans Mission is a very worthwhile cause Sybil! I am sure they enjoy and are most appreciative! xoxo

      Delete
    2. At least you know now I try to post each day....no idea how you don't get notification that I have written...don't even know if I could do anything

      Delete
    3. There is probably nothing you or I could do Sybil! I will just have to check! We can chalk it down to the mysteries of the internet! xo

      Delete
  2. Cute things Marie..and Happy Bday to your mom:)have a great day!Love the vest/shal w/ pockets..So many people on IG have vast collections of everything..Miss Mustard Seed has all that Ironstone..Jessee Lauzon too..so many collections..do you follow either?Wowsers.MMS is so young and so multi talented..and JesseeL's collections are out of this world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to check them out! These things cost much money to collect. When I was young it took all our resources just to keep the children fed and clothed! I would never have had money for collections. I always thought one day! But then age and retirement comes with its own restrictions also, but mostly I think I won’t be around long enough to really enjoy, so I collect photos instead! 😉 it’s cheaper, takes up no space and there’s is no dusting involved! Xoxo

      Delete
  3. Oh yes, there are some terrible things happening in our world. The news is full of it, but thankfully there is still a lot of good things happening too and so much beauty all around us. The news does not publicize the good things like it does the bad. Hope you have a terrific Tuesday !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish there was a good news only channel Pam! Hope your Tuesday is a good one! Xoxo

      Delete
  4. Hi Marie~

    Happy Birthday to your beautiful mom!! I hope her day was wonderful!

    It's just horrific...the world is becoming for extremely wicked, it's so sad. There are also many, many wonderful people and events happening that we will never hear about...that's what I want people to report on!

    I love the chili cheese fries! We are getting ready for our big family camping trip...these would be so good, and everyone would love them. Easy meal with quick clean-up, that's what I like!

    The Tattooed Mormon is an inspiring story for sure! We just had a lesson in RS that made us all re-think the way we think. Our teacher is a counselor, and counsels lots of troubled youth and adults. Many of them are suicidal. She taught us to just...love one another...very simple act...LOVE ONE ANOTHER. She told some amazing stories that had everyone in tears, it was a heartwarming, heart wrenching lesson. But quite simply, we are asked to, love one another, that simple.

    I love that, English cottage look as well. It's so beautiful, but unattainable for me. I do have a few antiques, and some lovely dishes and quilts that have been passed down to me, but i would be too afraid to display them. They are tucked away where they are safe...isn't that a shame that I don't dare enjoy them?! Like you, I could never afford to collect beautiful things. Use it up, wear it out, make it due or do without was my motto.

    Oh, how would love to go to Wales one day! Thank you for sharing these beautiful photos and telling us about where you live, I love it!

    Have a great day, Marie!! Love you tons!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb! My mom had a lovely day! My sister takes lovely good care of her! We are so blessed. I will never have a Cottage but it is lovely to dream! Wales is beautiful, but then I think once you get out of the cities every place over here is beautiful! Love you! God bless! Xoxo

      Delete
  5. Hi Marie - very nice Daybook post. I want to read that book about the "Tattooed Mormon." Thanks for sharing your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deb! I think you will really enjoy it! It’s fabulous! Xoxo

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday to your sweet momma! And thank you for such a good post. I do love that bedroom!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 86th birthday to your dearest mother. I love her sweet photo. I know that you treasure your moments talking with her
    Always, love your daybook; this was a fun one.
    I like the name sun shower and the rainbow is lovely.
    I just try this foil dinner too. I think they are a really easy dinner to do. I haven't done one in a very long time.
    The Forget Me Nots pattern is adorable. Love that blue color!
    The Wiggle worm puppets are adorable. Another fun Cosy pattern.
    The wrap looks comfortable and I love the pockets.
    I plan to get this book and read it. It does look like a good inspirational one.
    I love looking at all your dreams. I will dream about some of them too.
    The movie Mary Magdalene looks like a good movie.
    Have a marvelous Thursday celebration with your friends.
    Loving thoughts, blessings and hugs for you two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LeAnn! The movie was certainly a different perspective of her! Love you! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!