Monday 2 July 2018

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

 

"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard 

A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best.  



A 5 am sky with a bit of cloud cover and the moon still hanging in there. Not sure any photograph would ever be able to capture the true beauty of it.  Sea guys flying overhead squawking, but the rising sunline reflected off them makes them look like flying stars.  



  

Watched THIS, and it just made my heart sing. This was the best carpool Karoke ever.  I was literally smiling through the whole thing. It was just wonderful.  I always loved the Beatles.  *Beep Beep Yah!*  If you want to spend about 23 minutes grinning from ear to ear, tune in!  Its pretty wonderful.




Then last night we watched this on Prime. Every single minute of it, even the credits at the end. (If you watch this, don't miss them.)  A lot of never seen before footage, etc. Ron Howard took us on a very unexpected journey and we got to see the underbelly of what astonishing fame does to person/people's life. This is a group of young men who changed "our" worlds with their beautiful music, and who managed to do what nobody had ever done before, or has done since. 60+ years later we are still loving on them.  Well, I am anyways.    



George was my favourite one.  

What is your favourite Beatle's song?  I can't pick one. I love them all. We were watching the film last night and it struck me just how magical life is with its twists and turns and how amazed my little girl/teenage self would have been to think that one day I would actually be living here,  less than 40 minutes from where the Beatles grew up and got started and that I would one day be sitting in the Cavern, the actual club that they used to play in, etc.  Life is so amazing.  It truly is.


 


Partaking of the Sacrament each week and being able to renew my covenants with my Heavenly Father, remembering the Saviour and taking His name upon me, having the opportunity to do better every week. Second chances.  Renewal.  Faith. Gratitude. Love.


  


Answered prayers.  My leg seems to be all better now.  Keeping a close watch on it to make sure that it doesn't flare up again.  Thanks for all of your prayers and happy thoughts!  


 



Warm hearts and smiling faces.  Doesn't this photo of Mitzie just reach down into your heart strings and give them a big tug.  She is so happy and brings so much joy into our lives.  She is going to be so very excited later on today as all of the Missionaries in our District are coming over for a BBQ to celebrate a combo 1st and 4th.  She is going to love that.  


 


The capacity and ability we have to bloom every day, right where we are planted. What a wonderful opportunity this is.  A gift we can unwrap every single day of our lives.  Every day might not be a good day, but there is surely something good in every single day . . . 



Blackbirds enjoying the water we put out for all the birds in the garden.  They love to take baths. It is so much fun watching them.  I love blackbirds.  They have such a beautiful song to listen to.   I never realised just how beautiful until we moved over here to the UK.  In fact I don't think I ever saw a blackbird really until I moved over here.  Plenty of crows, but never a blackbird.  Crows don't sing like blackbirds, lol.

  

An abundance of warm sunny days.  Not complaining, no matter how warm it gets. I know they will all disappear soon enough. We have been truly been blessed with an abundance over these past couple of weeks.  Truly.  



We lost it all and then it all came back. So very grateful for that.  It makes me feel horrid that people can do this to you at all, but I am so grateful that they never really get away with it, and that the banks do replace what was lost.  Whew!  A few pretty scary days that passed.  Praise God!


  


Having found the peace that passes all understanding.  I can never truly express how very grateful I am for this . . .  


  


Friendship.  Near and dear . . .  or far away.  Little pieces of my heart reside in a multitude of places, and small pieces of their hearts reside in mine.  It's pretty special.  


 

Waking up this morning and being able to unwrap another gift of today  . . . I try not to take my days for granted and treat each day for the gift that it is.  I think as you start to get older, you realise that each day truly is a most precious and wonderful gift.  I am grateful for my ability to treat each day as "My favourite day."   Even the not so good ones. 

And with that I will leave you with a thought for today  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift, that's why they call it
the present. ~Unknown  •。★★ 。* 。 


 

Cooking in The English Kitchen, a complete meal on the grill with the perfect Steak Marinade, and grilled Roadkill Potatoes, asparagus and onions.  This was so good!  We are really enjoying our new grill.  ANOTHER blessing in our lives!  God is good!


Have a wonderful week.  I hope it is filled with abundance!  Don't forget! 
  

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


 And I do too!   
 

6 comments:

  1. Have a great day..it seems to have started on a very UPbeat note!! Bravo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, life is such a gift and we should always be thankful for another day. I'm with you no matter how hot it gets, I love summer and the sunshine. We get so very little of both. Seems this part of the country has more clouds than not. Glad your leg is better and hope you have a wonderful Monday !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thanks so much Pam! I hope your day was equally blessed! xoxo

      Delete
  3. You are an amazing positive infulence in my life in so many ways. I would truly love to meet you and give you hugs! Thanks for this lovely post of wondrous things you love, enjoy and have gratitude for. The photos were fun. Your Mitzie is a cute one.
    Each thought was precious and I loved reading your upbeat and beautiful thoughts. You are a treasured friend. Sending big hugs and lots of love your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much LeAnn! I would really love to meet you also! And Barb too. You have the advantage there! I consider you to be a treasured friend also. A true sister. Love you! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!