Monday 18 June 2018

Small and wonderful things . . .

 
 


"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard 

A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best. 



To some my life might seem pretty boring.  There is no "clubbing" going on, not much out of the ordinary here.  Each day passes in much the same way as the day before, for the most part, with the exception of Sundays, where we shake things up a bit by going to church. There is a great comfort to be found in the sameness of my days. I am at heart a very simple person who is quite happy with my life just as it is. Comfortable in my own skin and the sameness of my days. 


 

This is the 10-day forcast for this area.  I can live with that quite happily.  Sunny/cloudy days. No rain. moderate temperatures, although it looks to be getting quite a lot warmer next week. I don't mind it getting into the low 80's, but when it gets up towards the 90's I am not a very happy camper, lol. Heat and me don't get along very well.  I am not a great lover of too much heat.  Cool and comfortable.  That's my scene. 


The opportunity I have each week to go to church and commune with the Saints, to partake of the sacrament and renew my covenants, to repent and start anew. One might look at me and think I don't have a lot of repenting to do, but trust me. I do. Everytime I have an unkind thought or do anything contrary to what I should be doing, to what I know better than to do . . . is an opportunity for repentance. I had some pretty unkind thoughts about a certain individual this weekend and so had a lot of repenting to do yesterday.  I just let it go . . . unrighteous indignation.  Its never nice to feel that way. 


Popped over to Ariana's last night just for a few and had a peek into their nursery which they have prepared for the new baby. (Only 4 weeks now!)  It is just beautiful. Its small, but beautiful. I love the wallpaper she has chosen.  Etsy. I did not know you could buy wallpaper on Etsy! 




I facetimed a couple of times with my sister, brother, etc. this weekend. It was nice to talk to them all face to face.  Todd and I were very lazy yesterday. When we got home from church, we both got our PJ's on and just lazed around.  It was really funny when I was talking to my brother, I saw what I thought was my mother and got all excited because she was moving around and going to wind the clock, but it was really Todd from the back in his robe winding our clock.  DUH!  There is a small area up in the corner where it shows what the other person is seeing from your side.  haha  They say the first thing to go is the mind, lol.

I got to with my father a Happy Father's Day in person. 

And listen to him snoring on the sofa next to my brother.

Good times! 

  

The return of Sunday Nights with Poldark. No spoilers here, but in the first episode there is a scene early on where he is coming out of the ocean with his shirt off. 



Holy Moly guacamole.
'nuf said.


  


Prayer.  I often find myself praying . . . silently, sometimes out loud. Together with Todd or alone. It matters not.  Just prayer . . .  for self, for others. In thanksgiving and gratitude . . . sometimes beseeching . . . it is a gift. A wonderful, beautiful gift.  I know He answers them. We don't always get the answers we want but we always get answers one way or the other, and in His timing, not our own.  He loves us and wants the best for us, and He loves it when we open the lines of communication between us.  Sometimes just the act of praying is enough for me and a source of great comfort.  You can share ALL of your secrets with Him.   



The Lavender is blooming . . .  I love it.  This year I must pick some just for me. Maybe slip a few stalks in between some bookcovers to delight me later on in the Winter months . . .  perhaps some in my undie drawer . . .  some for cooking . . .  
   
Each year I say I will and then  . . . I don't. 

  


They once were filled with colour and now are not . . .  I think I like this this way better . . .washed out and bleached by the sun. I think they look very ethereal and somewhat magical  . . . 




The promise of things to come.  I love peas.  Especially freshly picked.  Do you like pea shoots?  I do.  Funny how I never would have thought of eating the shoots years ago, but love them now.  They're fabulous in salads.  The trick is not to eat too many so that you end up with no peas. lol  


   


Little garden visitors . . .  they love the honey suckle  . . . so do I.  It smells fabulous.  



Its fledgling time  . . .  I love watching them in the garden. They are getting braver and soon we won't be able to tell the newbies from the old hacks  . . . 

And those are my small and wonderfuls for this week.  My life is very blessed.  Boring . . .  but very blessed.

A thought to carry with you  . . . 


 .° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.° ˛°. .Think the best of each other, 
especially of those you say you love. 
Assume the good and doubt the bad.” 
~Jeffrey R Holland   .° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •  


 

In The English Kitchen today   . . .  BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger Skillet Dinner.  Simple, easy, economical, family friendly and very delicious.
Have a great week.  May it be filled to overflowing with an abundance of small and wonderful things  Don't forget . . . 


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too! 
 

5 comments:

  1. Summer vibes here for sure:) Funny about the robe:) I have a simple day to day life and it suits me too:) Have a great day Marie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monique. I hope you have a lovely day also. Hate that you are having that problem with your roses and those nasty bugs! Evil things! xoxo

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend and will have a great week ahead. It is very hot and humid here and I don't do well in the heat so it's a lazy day ahead for me. The housework will wait until it's cooler. Hopefully that will be just a day away. I love to see the pictures of your garden. Hope you have a great Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Pam, you are so sweet. I hope you enjoy your lazy day. Housework will certainly wait. Enjoy whatever comes your way! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Hi Marie~

    Summer...let's see...I think it slipped out the back door this year... ;0) Our weather has been very off and on, cold one day hot the next. Yesterday we got so much rain that it was flooding the neighbor's basements. Bob spent most of his evening pumping out and trying to re-route water, thank goodness for ward families!

    I have never thought to eat the shoots of peas, I love fresh peas though...new peas and potatoes in a lovely cream sauce, yum!

    My new calling is the RS secretary. Not a terribly busy calling, but different from primary. I do have to post birthdays and lesson schedules on FB, which is a challenge for me, but it's all good. My days are pretty much the same, at least the same routine each week. I don't like change, so that's a good thing.

    Your garden is lovely, Marie! I love the little faded figures, they are precious!

    I have really enjoyed listening to and watching the birds this year, and I especially love seeing the mama's take care of their babies.

    Your, Bacon, Cheeseburger Skillet Dinner looks delicious! I will have to make it for Bob, he loves anything that has bacon in it...so do I!

    Much love to you!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!