Wednesday 6 June 2018

Queen for the day . . .


Tada!  I have just swished my magic wand over you and you have become Queen for the day!  If you were Queen for the day, what would you do?  Here's what I would do!

  


 Everyone would get the day off!  Well, except for essential personnel of course . . . policemen, firefighters, health care workers.  Those that absolutely were necessary . . . but they would get double time for having to work, and a day in lieu at another time.  I think that would be fair, don't you???

The bus and trains would be free for the day.  You could travel anywhere and it would not cost a dime, no matter where, or how far, or even how many times you wanted to jump on.  






The rain would not be allowed to rain, but I would declare it a sunshiney kind of a day.  Not too hot, not too cold, just nicely in-between.  Now I know that the Queen can not really take charge of the weather  . . . but this is my fantasy . . . and I, as Queen, could.  So lots of sunshine for everyone!  What's the point in having a day off if it's going to rain!  





Free ice cream for all!  What's the good of a sunny day if you can't sit on a bench and eat a lovely Mr Whippy with a Cadbury's flake buried into it's crown!  



 

Pie for everyone!  Large or small, short or tall.  You get pie!  And it doesn't matter which kind you fancy.  Whatever is your favourite . . . well that you shall have!  Cherry, pumpkin, lemon meringue, apple . . .  and not a tiny sliver either.  You get an "American Diner" slice, at least 6 inches tall!  


 

There will be a parade down the centre of every town, with a brass band playing all the old tunes . . . nostalgic tunes . . . tunes that set your toes to tapping, and your mouth to smiling!  Clowns to hand out balloons, and flowered floats with pretty girls, baton twirlers and fire eaters . . . huge balloons!  A little bit of something for everyone's pleasure!  




 

Let them eat cake!  Yes, everyone would be given a cake of their choice!   And, if you didn't want to eat it today, then that's OK too . . . you can stick it in the freezer for another day . . . the best part would be that you could eat it if you wanted to or save it if you wanted to, but it would be your cake, all yours . . . and whichever kind you wanted it to be too . . . what would you choose??  I think I'd settle for a nice chocolate fudge . . . but hey, I'm Queen!  I could have a hundred cakes if I wanted to couldn't I?  Or what would be the point in being Queen! 


There would be a fair in every town, with fun rides and carousels, and bumping cars and Ferris wheels . . coconut shies and cotton candy . . . shoot the ducks, and hammer the hammer . . . fun for everyone!  A crazy house with mirrors in it that make you very skinny and very tall . . . and other that make you very wide and very small . . . the air filled with the smell of popcorn, and hot dogs, and chips and candy apples.  All for free of course!!




 

There would be contests for who's the tallest and who's the shortest . . . who has the most freckles and who is the fasted drawer . . . contests for every talent going, and even no talent going . . . and everyone would walk away with a blue ribbon, a winner for sure!  Everyone's talents or non-talents being recognised and rewarded!  


 

At the end of the day there would be a great picnic in the park, with music in the bandstand.  Lots of fried chicken, potato salad,  coleslaw and corn on the cob . . . and buttermilk biscuits, lots of those!  And big thick cold slices of juicy watermelon . . . so wet and so sweet, just perfect.  There would be dancing for the older folks and games for the younger folks, and everything in between . . .  


 


At the very end, when people just couldn't take any more . . . there would be a fireworks display to end all fireworks displays . . . and everyone would declare that this had been just the best day ever and they would smile at each other and sigh with joy and satisfaction, and fall into bed exhausted after having had the best day . . . and just SO much fun, and every one would declare that I had been just the bestest Queen for the Day ever.



The End.  What would you do?

A thought to carry with you  . . .

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.
There are some things
you learn best in calm . . . 
and some that you
learn best in the storm.
~Unknown  •。★★ 。* 。 


 

In the kitchen today  . . .  Five Cup Ambrosia Salad.  TO me this is dessert.  Yum! 

Have a great Wednesday!  I am looking forward to talking to my mom this afternoon!  Don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too! 



9 comments:

  1. I’m up with another darn pancreatitis flare up tonight. The pain has let up some and I’ve just read your post. I wish you were queen because I’d love your special day. The only things I would add would be everyone would be healthy...no pain allowed and families would be together...not spread out over the miles. ....or friends either...all loved ones would be together 💕💕💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear Lura, I am so sorry that you have to suffer with this from time to time. Wish I could wave a magic wand over you to take it away! I like your ideas about some additional things for Queen for a day! xoxo

      Delete
  2. My perfect day would always include family. It's a rare thing when we can all be together. What a nice thought being Queen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Family is a lovely addition Pam. I suppose I was taking it for granted they would be with me! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Cute post Marie..Just started reading QUiet..

    So my wishes would be fifferent..

    so..My day..everyone would get up healthy..and happy..a roof on heir heads and food on their table..everyone would feel loved♥
    LOL
    Not asking for much am I?:)You are way more fun than I am;)
    I crown THEE.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Monique! I like healthy, happy and well fed also. I have not heard about the book Quiet? Who is it by? xoxo

      Delete
  4. Oh my dear friend, I want to be under your rule when you are Queen for a day. It was all just perfect. You have the best imagination ever and I wish you would right a book. In fact, this alone could be a wonderful children's story.
    It also reminded me of my grandmother who loved to watch the show "Queen for a Day". It was fun to watch and I remember it well.
    Thanks for the smile your brought to my face today.
    Sending extra loving thoughts and big hugs your way!
    I truly love you dear blogging friend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I have heard of that show but never seen it LeAnn! Love and hugs to you and Roger. Love YOU too! Very much. xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!