Thursday 25 May 2017

My Favourite Things . . .

 


These are a few of my favourite things. Maybe some of them are yours too!

 

Jill the Squirrel on Instagram. She is so cute!  She also has a YouTube channel.  She is adorable. Mega personality plus.  I could watch her for hours.


Amish. Anything.  I am in love with the Amish.  The way of life.  The food (especially the food). The people.  It is my dream to one day visit Amish country.


Homemade Mac and Cheese.  I especially like my sister's recipe for the stove top one.  Its delicious.  You can find it here. Its a real winner.


Houses with names.  I have always wanted to own my own home and give it a name.  Like  . . . Misty Meadows . . . or Journey's End . . .  that type of thing.  It is the romantic in me I think  . . . Oh sure, we could name our house, but it would seem a bit pretentious because it isn't ours and its a row house. Sigh  . . .

Cinnamon. Anything. I love the taste.  I love the smell.  I love cinnamon.


All things Beatrix.  Potter, that is.   I love her art, books, story.  The movie Miss Potter which I have watched literally almost a bazillion times. (okay slight exaggeration there, it only feels like that to Todd, lol)  I have never been in HillTop however, although we have tried many times.  Its always full up when we go, no parking left, etc.  One day I will get there.  Did you know there is a Beatrix Potter World?  I know!  I did not know that until the other day when my friend Tina was there with her family.


Its called The World of Beatrix Potter. Its at Crag Brow, at Bowness-on-Windemere.Interactive exhibits tell the story of Potter's writing and her importance to Lakeland conservation.  I hope to go there one day!


Tea Cup and Snack Plate sets.  I love them. I don't have one, but I would if I could.  If I ever win the lottery I want to collect them.  I know.  I'm wierd. Its okay.


They can actually be quite pretty.

Travel shows.  I am not such a good traveler now that I am getting older.  So much hassle involved, with airports, packing, etc.  But I am a great armchair traveler.  I love to see new places and learn about them.  


My favourite ones are Michael Portillo's Great Train Journies.  He has gone to some very fascinating places.  All by train. 


I also quite liked "An Idiot Abroad."  (Well, except for the swearing.)  Karl Pilkington is the Idiot.  In season 3 he travels with Warwick Davis, the dwarf and it is quite funny.  Warwick is so positive and Karl is so negative.  They quite balanced each other out and it was quite entertaining.  I don't think they have made any new ones.  


Geneology programs like Who Do You Think You Are.  I find them fascinating.  But then again, I really enjoy geneology.



Plastic storage tubs.  Small ones for food, stackable.  Larger ones for other things like bedding, Christmas Decorations, etc.  I keep all my stuff in plastic storage tubs.  Herb teas, rice, cereal, noodles, gravy powders, etc.  Foodwise, things stay fresh and they stack neatly in the cupboard.  I put labels on them so I can instantly tell what is what.  Our Christmas Decorations are out in the shed. Likewise labeled, etc.  They are unbreakable.  Washable.  Sterile. etc.

Picnic Baskets.  (We actually have this one.)  I love them.  This one is nice, albeit a bit on the heavy side, bit it has real china and knives and forks, glasses, etc. We also have a wicker one. We haven't been on a picnic in a while.  I think we need to go on one soon because I love picnics!

And those are my favourite things for this week.  What are some of yours?

A thought to carry with you  . . .

.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.° Every positive change in your life begins with
a clear, unequivocal decision that,
you are either going to going to either do something,
or stop doing something. ~Unknown •。★★ 。* 。

Spiritual Enlightenment


In The English Kitchen today . . .  French Onion Chicken.  Done in the crockpot/slowcooker.  Sized just for two but easily multipliable.  Quite simply delicious.

Have a great Thursday.  Don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!

8 comments:

  1. Thanks as always Marie for sharing your fav. things....I'm going to have a look at your sisters recipe when I finish this comment.
    Hope you are enjoying this lovely spell of summer, don't think it's going to last much longer mores the pity !!....I love the warm sunshine.
    Take care and enjoy your day whatever you might be doing. Today is the day I go,up to church to serve the tea/ coffee etc..I go up around 9.15 till 11 but in two weeks we are opening earlier to offer a coffee, etc to you Mums Dads etc who have dropped their children at school, at the moment it's all pension ages that come and it's become more like a ...club...which can put some people of coming..so we are trying to shift the emphasis, it hopefully will look more like a ...cafe...we are having fresh coffee instead of instant etc...not sure how the older ones are going to take to it. Today we are going to experiment with the new filter coffee maker' we will see what the reaction,is. I do hope it's favourable as Helen has gone a long way to try to make it happen....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sybil please enjoy your day. What a great thing to do.

    Marie I would love to visit Amish people too. I would love to see how their life actually works. Amish fiction doesn't tell the complete story I am quite sure.

    I have a huge picnic basket filled with all kinds of plates etc. I don't think we have had a real picnic since we put dad in the nursing home.

    God bless you all and keep you safe in his loving arms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds great Sybil. There are a few churches here in Blacon that do the same. I think they even have a breakfast club in one, a craft club in another, and a lunch group, open to anyone who wants to come along. I think it is a great thing. As churches we need to reach out to our communities. Show them the love! Hope you have a fab day and that all goes well! xoxo

    You need to have a picnic Suzan. Can you imagine how fun picnics will be once you have your grandchild to entertain. Rug picnics in the lounge are the best things going! Oh, I am sure Amish fiction doesn't tell the whole story either. We tend to look at their communities with rose coloured glasses. Simple lives. Love and hugs to you also. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm an armchair traveler too. These days my trips are few and far between, but by just sitting and reading blogs I get to go to many wonderful places. I do love picnics and have since the time my children were young. Now I get to have some with my grandchildren as well. With nicer weather coming perhaps I'll get to have few more and make some wonderful memories to share. Hope you have a great day !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of nice things..wish we got all your shows..

    we both cried at the WONDERFUL finale of CTM last night.

    OMG .
    I love them all..all of them.
    And I must admit Jack AShton in his undershirt looked remarkably..well remarkable lol..and I never look;)

    I have some of those sets..and if you lived next door you would too.
    I have picked them all up for next to nothing..at one point one of my daughters seemed to be steering towards my tastes for the house..but..no..both girls share the same love of modern nw..no vintage..or cutesy or flowery lol.
    No frills or ruffles or chintz.

    Have a great day!

    And I say name your home!

    It's your HOME.♥No ifs ands or buts about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like to travel in someone else's eyes with my feet planted on the ground. It's alot safer too! I went across the states by car with my then husband and my 10 month old son. That was fun til we got sandwiched between two 18 wheelers! It was a young guy that was bullying til the older guy told him to back off! I could see him talking on the walkie talkie when we passed trying to get away from them. I'll never forget that day! I have never seen a tea cup and snack plate set. I esp like the purple flowered one. I don't like the taste of tea, but perhaps I haven't found the right one yet. So excited for u for ur upcoming trip and ur cookbook coming out! Yay! I've always been fascinated with the Amish people too. My Aunt Mary and her bf stayed with an Amish family when they went on vacation. She went there 3 times b4 she passed. I have all my decorations in containers too. I also have a container for cereal, rice, etc when I buy in bulk. Lol. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marie I used to do so many picnics in the house. They were fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are right Pam, armchair travel is the cheapest and safest mode! lol Also blog reading. Although I seem pretty pressed for time these days and tend to read only a few (one of which is yours!) Happy Memorial Day weekend! xoxo

    Ohh, CTM Monique. It is such a great show. They never make enough of them do they? My daughters are no frills also, funny that. Maybe it is the modern woman??? xoxo

    I would have hated that Jan! Yikes! I hate all the trucks on the roads now. Far too many for my liking. They make motorway travel so scary! xoxo

    Picnics in the house Suzan. Time to do another one methinks! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!