Saturday 2 July 2016

Thoughts on July . . .

 


In a quiet garden
where birds and flowers abound
Speak gently and tread softly,
You walk on holy ground.
For into every garden
God cometh secretly
His presence there disclosing
To all with eyes to see  . . . 


 photo SAM_7051_zps5ea8f1ea.jpg

I don't know how one can be in the garden and see all the intricacies of every bloom and leaf and not believe in something higher  . . . or the magic of His presence . . .


 photo SAM_7054_zps058ae316.jpg

I feel so close to God when I am in the garden . . . especially when I am in the part of our garden which we have given over to wildflowers.  You never know what is going to come up, but it surprises and delights you every single year   . . .


 photo SAM_7059_zps7c3bd77d.jpg

I don't even know what the proper names are of most of what shows up . . .  but I know they make me smile and bring me pleasure, and the butterlies and bees love them too . . .


 photo SAM_7063_zps4da3dfd5.jpg

These I know well . . .  their little upturned faces have always delighted me.


 photo SAM_7109_zpsc719b515.jpg

And the Dog Rose, or Wild Rose as it is called is at its very best right now . . . it blooms profusely and yes, the bees love this too.  I don't know what kind of bee this is, but it's very busy.


 photo SAM_7106_zpsb9f5fbe9.jpg

And flits from bloom, to bloom  . . .  to bloom . . .


 photo SAM_7115_zps3f28f5d8.jpg

All the roses are doing magnificently at the moment . . .


 photo SAM_7983_zps4e188ee3.jpg

Peacock Butterflies visit us every year . . .


 photo SAM_7992_zps41abca32.jpg

They amaze and delight . . . 


 photo SAM_7984_zps5c13fa23.jpg

As do these, but I don't know which variety they are  . . .  so wild and so free . . .

 photo SAM_7995_zps18db2f09.jpg

Butterfly and bee . . .  gathering nectar . . . 

 photo SAM_8022_zpsbea00705.jpg

 Our garden is alive with them . . . .


 photo SAM_8023_zps56b935a2.jpg

They amaze me.  So very beautiful each one . . .


 photo SAM_8025_zps4dd16ea7.jpg

And there are so many different kinds  . . .


 photo SAM_00431_zps2d917143.jpg

I love this time of year when the garden is alive with creatures on the wing   . . .  be it sparrow, or bee . . .  or butterfly.


 photo SAM_0354_zps8e92af6a.jpg

Fledglings delight us with their antics . . .  their learning to fly and feed and fend for themselves . . .

 photo SAM_5175_zpsa031683d.jpg


 It won't be long now until it all starts to change and the days begin drawing in.  The year is half gone, which is hard to believe.  Oh . . .  we will keep the sweet  illusion of high summer for a few more weeks, but gradually now the songs of the birds will face into muted twitterings . . .  and there will be a feeling oe heaviness in the woodlands, the deep drowsiness which follows fulfillment.  There is still  much to anticipate . . .  the pageantry of the mid-summer garden and the harvesting of corn and fruit, but those who are in tune with the earth will experience a sense of impending change . . .


 photo SAM_5357_zpsc4d29e4b.jpg


The blaze of noon has passed and we have turned out faces towards the sunset of the year.

 photo Eton mess_2_zpsfqfctbiz.jpg

We're talking berry delights in the English Kitchen this morning  . . . the beginning of  Summer's bounty!

Have a nice Saturday whatever you might be getting up to.  Stay safe and don't forget!

 ═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!


10 comments:

  1. Such lovely photographs you are sharing with us this morning Marie. The gardens are so lovely at the moment. I have a very small garden mainly just grass...I hesitate to call it a lawn !...with one border between next door and me and this spring I have put three shrubs there joining the few others so that will mean less bother for Lyn, Peter cuts the grass but dosnt ...do...flowers LOL...round the other side of the house by my door I have lots and lots of pots full of beautiful flowers and hanging baskets etc on the fence between Mary and me the clematis abound and the Passion flowers, they are just about to open....the Beas do love the flowers etc...beautiful sunny morning down here, hope same with you, later I hope today to go,with Lyn for a nice long walk along the canal,...sending much love xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I love the beauty you have described. It doesn't exist in our gardens. Yesterday I bought mum $100 for her birthday today. My cousin cleaned out one of the beds and we hope to replant it in the next few days.

    This afternoon we went to watch Pip in Joseph etc. The production is very good indeed. The young man who played Joseph has an excellent voice and the young lady who played the narrator was brilliant too. I enjoyed it very much and was even given hugs by the girls' school friends. It was a brilliant way to spend the afternoon. We then went to sushi.

    Please enjoy your day and don't wish the year away so quickly. I want a few more long weeks of cooler weather.

    Lots of love and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wish we were having the warmer summer temps Sybil! But chances are when we do get them, I'll be moaning its too hot! lol Todd is in Chester City today and he says there are a lot of Military things going on to commemorate the Battle of the Somme! Would love to see pics of your garden! Love right back! xoxo

    Sounds a good day Suzan! Would love to see Joseph. I have seen the video with Donny Osmond, which is good. I am not wishing the year away, but the days pass far too quickly! June has whizzed by and before we know it August will be here and it all goes downhill rather quickly after that! Love and hugs! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Summer is full of beauty and thankfully there will be more days to enjoy it all. It's a cool morning but will warm soon. They say the week ahead will be a hot one, but today will be very pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always in awe too:) Sometimes..I am disappointed..but mostly grateful for what comes forth..miracles..I agree:) You flowers are plentiful and beautiful..and who cares if you don't know their names..they don't:)
    Today is cool and grey..but I must commend Mother Nature..the summer has been fab here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It doesn't ever really get too hot here Pam, but when it does it only lasts a day or so. We are blessed in that way! xoxo

    If it wasn't for the wind coming from the North it might be quite pleasant here today, but with the showers etc. it feels quite cold again! We did have a lovely May though . . . xoxo

    ReplyDelete


  7. A Beautiful and Lovely Post...But all you is such oxoxox

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!