Tuesday 5 July 2016

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .




FOR TODAY, July 5th 2016

Outside my window ...
 Its dull and overcast.   And  . . .  cold.  Where is my summer?

I am thinking ...
My youngest son gets married on Saturday.  I can't be there.   I am quite sad over that, but there is nothing I can do about it.  My heart will be there.  I had thought maybe someone could facetime the wedding for me, but apparently the photographer has requested no iPhones or cameras at the wedding.    I hope that at least I get a photograph.

I am thankful for ...
This too shall pass.

In the kitchen ...
 photo SAM_7288_zpsc290c479.jpg

Nectarine Salad with a Strawberry Balsamic Dressing.  Summer in a bowl.

On my "To Cook" list ...
 

We are going to have lots of pears this year.  This Pear and Vanilla Jam is in my future.  From Flour on my Face.  It looks and sounds delicious.

I am creating ...
Working on a new picture, but nothing to show you yet  . . .

 

Handmade Zippered Pouch.  Complete tutorial on Handmadiya.

 

How to make a Batman Bookmark.  For the little superheros in your life.  Amanda Lonergan.

 

Granny Square Scarf.  I love, LOVE this!  From Felisimo.  Japanese, but how hard could this be to copy.

 

From Premeditated Leftovers.  A tic tac toe bag and buttons to play with.



From The Nerds Wife.   Road Trip Activity Bag ideas.

I am reading ...
 

In The Unlikely Event, by Judy Bloom
This is a richly textured and moving story of three generations of families, friends and strangers, whose lives are profoundly changed by unexpected events.

In 1987, Miri Ammerman returns to her hometown of Elizabeth, New Jersey, to attend a commemoration of the worst year of her life.

Thirty-five years earlier, when Miri was fifteen, and in love for the first time, a succession of airplanes fell from the sky, leaving a community reeling. Against this backdrop of actual events that Blume experienced in the early 1950s, when airline travel was new and exciting and everyone dreamed of going somewhere, Judy Blume imagines and weaves together a haunting story of three generations of families, friends, and strangers, whose lives are profoundly changed by these disasters. She paints a vivid portrait of a particular time and place — Nat King Cole singing “Unforgettable,” Elizabeth Taylor haircuts, young (and not-so-young) love, explosive friendships, A-bomb hysteria, rumors of Communist threat. And a young journalist who makes his name reporting tragedy. Through it all, one generation reminds another that life goes on.

In the Unlikely Event is a gripping novel with all the hallmarks of Judy Blume's unparalleled storytelling.

I have only just started this.  The first few chapters are a bit confusing as she puts all the characters into place, but once you get past that, it all begins to fall into place.  I am really enjoying it.

I am looking forward to ...
Summer when and if it arrives,  lol

I am learning to ...
Accentuate the positive
Eliminate the negative
Latch on to the affirmative
Don't mess with Mr In-between.

Now you will be singing that the rest of the day in your head.  You're welcome.

Dreaming about ...
 

A cosy sitting room in neutral colours . . .



I also like this one . . .

 

Toast and strawberry jam  . . .  with really crunchy toast  . . .



A trip to the seaside and weather pleasant enough to enjoy it . . .



Taking a Yoga class . . .

A favourite quote for the day ...

(¯`v´¯) `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸.
   •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.~ ღϠ₡ღ¸.
              ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ. ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“`
                                    * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..

Define yourself as radically loved by God,
this is your true self,
everything else is an illusion . . . 
~Brennan Manning  

Makes me smile ... 

 

I truly am . . .


One of my favourite things ...
 

Fresh hot chips with ketchup to dip them in.   So naughty, but so nice  . . .

Corners of my kingdom ...
 photo SDC16969.jpg

Stuff grows everywhere in this country.   It amazes me . . .

Tenacity and determination despite the odds.  That is so British . . . ☺


And that's my daybook for this week!

  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆

✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░


 Wherever you go and whatever you do, I hope there's a great day ahead of you! Don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!!


6 comments:

  1. Good morning Marie.

    I have to say snap on the day. It is grey and drizzled almost all day. When it is like this it is easy to feel cold.

    I loved Judy Blume as a teen. Perhaps I should find this book and read it too. It is so long since I have read a real book. My Kindle is my constant companion.

    God bless your day and thank you for sharing so many wonderful things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's to be a hot and humid week here for us. Thankfully I have air conditioning so I'll be spending time indoors keeping cool. Hope you do get some pictures of your son's wedding. It would be very hard not being able to be there. Being far away from family is never easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( I am sure you will get pics..the weather has been stellar this summer and continues to be so..so fingers crossed for Sat and your son..
    thank goodness you are overflowing with talent..the love of creating..your Todd..Mitzi..your faith..filled to the brim :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its gone sunny now Suzan, and quite pleasant. You can never tell with the weather here! It's so unpredictable! I read most of my books on my kindle. There are only a few that I don't, like Susan Branches. Love and hugs. xoxo

    I don't mind hot Pam, but the humidity gets me down! Thankfully hot and humid is a rarity over here! I am sure I will get at least one photograph, or at least I hope I will Pam! My children are notoriously bad communicators and nobody else from my family has been invited to the wedding. :-( xoxo

    I have my fingers crossed Monique. I hope the weather co-operates for them also. God bless you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad that the sun got out eventually Marie, we all,feel better when the sun shines...it's been quite nice here but still that cold wind whenever you are out of the sun..Lynand I had another lovely walk this afternoon with Masy...we went up the hill out of the village and parked the car ( our village is set at the bottom of hills) at the Quarrymans pub and then walked many country lanes up that way, to,think,I have lived in the village for about 23?years now and I didn't even know they were there ! And oh boy what houses, no wonder they keep saying there are many many millionaires living here..the houses were more like mansions with wonderful grounds etc etc....on our way back we stopped outside the pub and Lyn went in and ordered us tea and a cake whilst Masy and I,just sat there enjoying the views...I am sad that you don't get to your a Sons wedding, but I know that you will be there in your heart and prayers....Peter has just gone home now after his dinner.We had a nice steak pie tonight which he enjoyed xx. Night night to you Todd and Mitzie. Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful that you were about to get out and about with Lyn and Masy Sybil! Sounds lovely! Your tea sounds lovely as well! I have not had a nice steak pie in a while. I guess I will have to buy some steak and make one! God bless! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!