Thursday 11 January 2024

My Favorite Things . . .

 

Sharing today a few things that I really love to do, eat, experience, enjoy  . . .  maybe you will enjoy them too.


 

Woodpeckers. I love to hear the sound of them pecking in the woods as it echoes through the trees. I just think nature is such a wonderful thing.  


 

A bedroom set beneath the eaves . . .  love these colors. This is so sweet.


 

This  . . .  its just so pretty  . . .  I love pretty things.


 

Pottery  . . . 


 


Pip designs . . .  the colors . . . the patterns  . . . 


 

One of my absolute favorites . . .  blue and white  . . . 


 


Fresh pizza  . . . .  love it.  So tasty.


 

Crochet blankets  . . . 


 

Embroidered hearts  . . . 


 


Crochet lace edging  . . . 


 


Comfort  . . .  lovely . . . 


 


A window seat in a very pretty window . . . 


 

That sink  . . . 


 

A long hot soak  . . . 


 


Bright sunny windows  . . . 


 


Such pretty bowls  . . . 


 


Cotton table cloths . . .  old ones  . . . 


 

A warm fire and a good book  . . . 


And those are my favorite things for today. I hope that some of them were yours also!


A thought to carry with you  . . . 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.Others have seen what is and asked why.
I have seen what could be and asked why not.
~Pablo Picasso ° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •


 


In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Cheddar Biscuit Dough Gods.  Absolutely delicious. Even two days later and cold without any butter or honey.  I am in love. 


We went to the new Big Scoop last night. It was their first day open. I was not overly impressed with what I ordered, but I think they did really well considering it was the first day. There is a lot on the menu to choose from.  Almost too much in my opinion, but time will tell. Cindy and I both ordered the Turkey Dinner poutine.  The turkey was really just bits of shredded turkey.  The gravy didn't really have a lot of flavor.  Neither did the stuffing. (It was stuffing, turkey and gravy with cheese curds and chips) The chips were hot, but there was not a lot of cheese.  I wouldn't order it again. Hazel's fish was soggy on the bottom and a bit greasy.  Dad had a hotdog and it was, well, a hotdog.  But it is normally only on the kids menu and he was told although they gave it to him last night, he probably wouldn't be able to get it again. It was a one off.  

I will need to go a few more times and try a few other things before I offer an opinion.

I hope that you have a wonderful day!  Be happy. Be blessed.  Don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!    

   


3 comments:

  1. Lots of pretty things this morning. Too bad the restaurant wasn't that good, but I bet the company was fantastic. It's a dull day, some snow today and another system moving in Friday night into Saturday. I'm just finishing up some slow stitching on a couple of crazy quilt pieces to upcycle a bag, then stitched hearts are next on my list. Always busy. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many pretty things! Just gorgeous photos...that make your heart happy! I love windows flooding in light, pottery, pizza and yes the woodpeckers, too! You are so kind to leave such a nice review when your meal so not the best! Here's to a new place getting it together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing all these pretty things.
    I like listening to woodpeckers as well but have yet to be able to get a picture of one. Most of the time I just hear them but can't see them.
    Love the Picasso quote.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!