Thursday 4 January 2024

My Favorite Things . . .

 



Sharing today a few things that I really love to do, eat, experience, enjoy  . . .  maybe you will enjoy them too.




I love my calendars.  I have several. This one, each day is a fresh page to write upon. Sun-shiny, fresh.  Its ME.  Then I have a Susan Branch one. I also have one from the local farmer market.  This one really gets marked up through the year.  A daily scripture one for Come Follow Me. (my church study)  Also Shelia from next door gave me a recycling calendar put out by the garbage collection agency.  Apparently you have to pick these ones up, they are not given out any more.  Grateful to Sheila for getting me one!




I love surprises and I got one when I checked my post yesterday.  A lovely little package from my friend Mary in Georgia.  Inside a beautiful Christmas Card, and some treats for the Kit Kats and a gorgeous mug. It is ceramic and looks like enamel ware and says "Be Still And Know" on it  Love that. Filled with an assortment of herbal and natural infusions. Thank you so much Mary. Such a thoughtful gift! I was not expecting it so it was a wonderful surprise on a gloomy Winter's day when I was feeling a bit low. God works in mysterious ways.


 

I love the artwork of Alida Akers. I have looked everywhere for her prints, but haven't been able to find any. I have found patterns for rug hooking, but I don't want to hook a rug.  (A hooked rug would be nice though.)  I would just like to have a print of one of her lovely cottages to frame and hang on my wall.


 

This. Who would not love to be romanced in such a way  . . . 


 

Pastry.  Anything in pastry.  Its one of my major weaknesses.


 

Postage Stamps.  I can remember sending away for some from the back of a comic book when I was a child and being so excited when they came.  Hundreds of stamps from all over the world.


 

Polka Dots  . . .  any kind of polka dots, on anything  . . . 


 

French milled soaps  . . . such luxury  . . . 


 

Oh my  . . .  I love it  . . . that color  . . .  so pretty.


 

Asparagus . . .  especially roasted, with plenty of black pepper and parmesan sprinkled over top, and a spritz of white balsamic. 


 

Pears  . . .  quite simply my favorite fruit.  Ripe and juicy.  So delicious.


 

Pretty tea sets  . . .  so lovely  . . .  the height of elegance. You would feel like a Queen.


 

Tomatoes, especially fresh ones, but only if they are vine ripened or local.  Oh, but I used to get some lovely ones in the U.K.  Grown on the Isle of Wight.  Freshly picked and overnight shipped. Soooo delicious. I really was spoiled there when it came to food and the quality of food available.


 

Tea Cup Pin Cushions.  I used to love making them.  They are the perfect thing to make with a tea cup that is missing its saucer.


 

Oh so pretty  . . . .  mixed media.  Beautiful.


 


This  . . . 


 


Flowers  . . .  wild or cultivated. I love them all. 


 


The Ballet. I have only ever seen it in person once.


 

Giraffes.  Such beautiful creatures. Wouldn't you just love to have their eyelashes?


 

Warm Blankets. Especially wool blankets, and at this time of year . . . 


And those are my favorite things for this week. Hopefully some of them were yours also!


I know I shouldn't be here today, but Anthony's trip was delayed a day due to unforeseen circumstances. He should be leaving to come over today.  I hope the weather co-operates and they have a safe and uneventful journey.


A thought to carry with you  . . . 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.Everybody needs beauty 
as well as bread,
places to pray in and to play in,
where nature may heal and give
strength to the soul.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
~John Muir° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •




In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Easy Cauliflower & Cheese Soup.  Seriously tasty. Simple ingredients.  Easy to make. Delicious.


I hope that you have a beautiful day.  It is cold here, but that is January. You expect it. Stay safe and stay warm!  Don't forget!



═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!    

   


7 comments:

  1. A change of plans always throws a spanner in the works (as they say) Enjoy the company when they arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your package arrived, finally. Why, oh, why (we're neighbors for Pete's Sake), does it take so long? Hope you can enjoy some of the tea! Happy New Year. (And I did receive your Christmas Moose card. Thx.) GA Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didnt't buy one calendar this yr.Nada.Ill look at yours;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Marie. Check out this site for Alida Akers prints https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/alida-akers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely things…oh! …that soup looks great…have a wonderful visit, very exciting! Enjoy, V.

    ReplyDelete
  6. check Etsy too for Alida Akers. Bun

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Marie~ Long time, no see! Of course, I love all of your favorites, most are mine as well ;0) Those ballet toe shoe make my toes hurt! I'm excited that Anthony will be there soon, enjoy your time with him! Hugs and Love, Barb

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!