Thursday 21 September 2023

My Favorite Things . . .

 




Sharing today a few things that I really love to do, eat, experience, enjoy  . . .  maybe you will enjoy them too.


 


The light at this time of year. I love it.  To be honest in the summertime when the days are so long and darkness comes so late, I really miss twilight. Probably because I am an early to bed person.



 


Apple pie, and in particular my mom's apple pie. I think mom made the best apple pies.  Oh how I miss my mother and not just because of her pies. I wish that I could still talk to her  . . . oh the things I have to say  . . . 


 


Fresh cinnamon buns  . . .  I prefer them the way my mother made them, with biscuit dough rather than yeasted dough, unless you get the freshly baked and can eat them on the day. That is the only way I enjoy yeasted ones.  Otherwise they just seem dry and stale to me.


 


Books, books, and more books. I have a thing for books. They have been good friends to me all of my life.


 


Lemons and anything to do with them. Simply put, if it's lemon, I'm in!


 

Dogs  . . .  I love them. They are very special creatures. I miss having one, but in all honesty I could not properly care for one on my own.  Its a good thing to know your limitations. I love the loyalty that all dogs seem to have.



 


I also really love cats. I love their sense of curiosity. They make me smile and they make me laugh.  I know they are a lot more independent than a dog is, but they do love their owners. I believe mine love me as much as I love them.  I think  males are much more affectionate.


 


The needle arts. Knitting, crochet, embroidery, sewing  . . .  I love them all. That doesn't necessarily mean I am good at them all. I fail miserably at knitting.


 


Trees.  I love trees.


 

Sweet Apple Cider  . . .  the non alcoholic kind  . . . 



 


I quite like this kitchen.  The cabinets and their fixtures. That open corner shelf.  The wooden counter tops.  That sink  . . .  the light and the hardwood floors.  Its just perfect.


 


Fresh Vegetables.  I don't think there is a fresh vegetable that I don't like. I love them all.

And those are my favorite things for this week. I hope some of them are yours also!


I didn't wake up again this morning until 7. am.  That is really late for me.  Its been that way quite a few mornings this week.  I don't know what is up with that.  I haven't been sleeping really well at night either. It is taking me forever to fall asleep and stay asleep. Falling asleep is not the problem. Its staying asleep.  I seem to sleep in short blocks and then have difficulty falling back to sleep after I wake up.   This too shall pass.

A thought to carry with you . . .

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛We must be willing•。★★ 。* 。
to let go of the life we planned•。★★ 。* 。
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.•。★★ 。* 。
~Joseph Campbell•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。
•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。





In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Juicy Beef Brisket.  This melts in the mouth. Red meat is not something I eat very often. This was a real treat.


I hope you have a beautiful Thursday.  Whatever you get up to stay safe, be blessed and don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!    

   

2 comments:

  1. Good morning, we are still feeling lousy with this cold, but doing the best we can. I'm an early morning person too, but lately need a sleep in the afternoons, must be this cold. Enjoy today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Hi! I love all vegetables also! I don’t eat much red meat but that brisket looks wonderful! Your favorites seem to be mine also, dogs, cats, lemons, etc….so much to enjoy. Happy day you, V.
    ps…why does sleep change for us as we age….? Phooey.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!