Tuesday 7 April 2020

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 
 
FOR TODAY, April 7th, 2020

Outside my window ...
Birds are singing, the sun is shining. Looks like we are in for another nice day. 
 
I am thinking ...
Had one of those days yesterday. I couldn't settle into anything. I just felt scatty and out of sorts all day. Normally one would go for a drive or some such.  Just had to get through it as best as I could. I am a pretty positive person, but it would be lying if I let you think I was positive all of the time. I am a normal human being and some days I am just in a funk. Then I did a facetime with my friend Lesley early in the evening and we had a few laughs. Just the ticket. We were both in our jim jams with messy hair, no make up, etc. Normal. Sometimes you just need a taste of normal.
 
I am thankful for ...
The ability and determination to move outside myself when inside myself is feeling blah . . .  
 
In the kitchen ... 
 

Tijuana Tacos.  Or how to make something delicious with next to nothing.  Ba da Bing!  Ba da Bang! 


On my "To Cook" list ... 


Sainsbury's Magazine.  Four Ingredient Flatbreads.  


Good to know ... 



Its Fitting.  What have we got now, but time  . . .   

 I am creating ... 



Heveskar on IG.  And there is a Japanese symbol pattern included.  I can't buy elastic anywhere.  Its like the new toilet paper. 




Pretty little bird in a bath, just for fun . . . .


  

No source, but a tree full of butterflies.  Pretty  . . . 




Red Ted Art.  Paper chicks.  




Hanki Corgi . . . ready for Easter.  


 I am reading ... 

 



Woman of Clay, by Linda Caddick
This vivid story of love triumphing over human weakness plunges you into a vibrant drama in 1st century Israel.

 "In her mind’s eye, she saw herself cowering as the blur of that first stone hurtled towards her, its keen edge cutting into the soft flesh of her neck. Then another, striking her on the temple with a head-splitting blow, stones slamming into her from every direction. She felt the terror of death and heard her own screams inside her head. “God, have mercy on me,” she whimpered."

Self-deception, passion, and turmoil threaten to destroy everything Shana holds dear, even her own life. Driven by a burning quest for happiness, she sacrifices the love of a good man to satisfy a need she can't identify, paying a high price for the legacy of her father's rejection.

A shocking face-to-face encounter with a controversial young rabbi reveals the truth. He claims her heart and gives his life in exchange, but still she must suffer the consequences of her choices. A cruel twist of fate presents her with a final test - her will or God's will? Love requires a sacrifice, but can all she has lost ever be restored?

From bestselling biblical fiction author Linda Caddick, this poignant account of a woman’s journey from brokenness to healing through redeeming love, provides an enlightening, true-to-life experience of history during the time of Jesus, that illustrates the bible in a new way.

I am really enjoying this.


Dreaming about ... 


Country roads  . . . 

    

Vintage ceramics  . . . 




Flower journals  . . . .


  

Crazy crochet blankets  . . . 




  

Bunnies and Cabbages . . . 


Makes me smile ... 

  


Its all a matter of perspective  . . .  

Something to watch ... 


Three Identical Strangers.  Netflix.   A true story.


A thought to carry with you ...

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
I am in competition with no one.
I have no desire to play the game
of being better than anyone.
I am simply trying to be better
than the person I was yesterday.
~Unknown   •。★★ 。* 。 


Corners of my kingdom ... 


Yesterday's sunshower as seen from my next door neighbours back garden.  Now you can see how long our back yards really are. 

 
And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  


Have a beautiful day!  JUST STAY HOME ♥   Don't forget!   


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too!     
 

8 comments:

  1. Perfect English back yard long garden!Cute things..I bet many are in funks..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am praying that they are able to come up with a vaccine and soon Monique. That is what will save us. Its bright and sunny today. The perfect day in every other way! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Hi Marie~

    Lovely post!! I just love all of the cute Easter decorations. I don't decorate much for Easter anymore, but I still love to see little bunnies and chicks. That cute Corgi...oh my heart!! I would love to one day have a Corgi, I think they are adorable!

    I have felt cooped up as well, I just pray that this will all end soon. We did go for a ride last Friday and that broke the boredom a little bit. Watching Conference felt like a little vacation as well...wasn't it wonderful?!

    Our Taylor Jo got home last night!! It feels so good to know that she is safe and sound, and on home ground again. She is still undecided about what her plans will be for the future with her mission, but whatever she decides, we will support her. It was just so good to hear her voice on the phone!!

    Beautiful yard!! I love all the green, and those cute lights probably make everything sparkle at night...just lovely!

    Take care and be safe, sweet friend, sure do love you! XOXO

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are all bound to have good and bad days Barb. This new normal for us all is bound to take its toll every now and then. Happy to read your Taylor Jo got home safe and sound. I am encouraged by the World Wide day of Fasting and Prayer on Friday. Oh what power can be wielded by such a thing. Love and hugs to you and Bob. Stay safe and stay healthy. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Hi Marie, we all have an "off" day once in awhile. When I feel out of sorts, I find a hot bath and a short nap usually does the trick. We were out for groceries today - lineups everywhere. I stayed in the car. It was nice just to be along for the ride. I watched everyone coming and going with so many scarfs and masks of every description. Who knew a mask would become a fashion accessory? I have a little treat for you for Easter, Marie. It won't get there in time but we'll blame that on the Easter Bunny instead of me not getting it in the mail soon enough, lol. Hugs and love, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never envisioned a time when we would all gladly wear masks. Life is a funny thing. How kind you are to think of me at Easter. I have not been able to go to the Post Office since the lockdown started. I will have to make up for it when this all ends and I know that eventually it will. I am praying that they are able to develop a vaccine. That will turn the course for us all. Love and hugs always. xoxo

      Delete
  4. This one was an awesome post as always. I like you feel a little scattered. I have a ton of things to do, but can't make myself doing them. I think I feel a bit frozen.
    In the kitchen; food looks yummy!
    I love pinterest but haven't done it for a while. I should go back.
    I love those masks, they are really colorful and cute.
    The needle point picture is beautiful. The other photos are awesome too; the one with the dog is the best ever.
    I did hear about this book. I do hope to get myself to read a novel; that would be a dream come true.
    Yes, I am dreaming about a walk in that picture. I also loved the vintage plates they are beautiful.
    Flower journals look fun.
    This is the perfect time to take up crocheting again. I wish I had you here to share a pattern. I have to watch to learn. I don't read patterns well.
    I'm smiling at the rabbit chair, the optimism picture and of course, the Netflix idea.
    I do love the photo of your neighbors back yard. It looks inviting.
    We are buckled down and trying to get a few things done. We have a return missionary granddaughter here with us. She had to come home from school. She has a boyfriend which can't see and I feel sad for them.
    Our Taylor Jo finally got home last night and we are happy she is back but sad because she had to leave her New Zealand mission.
    Stay safe and continue to stay home. I have faith that our Friday fast will help.
    Sending prayers, love and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LeAnn! There are plenty of video tutorials on crocheting online. They would be a great help I am sure! Happy that Taylor Jo got home safe and sound. Like you, I have faith in the Friday fast! Love, hugs and prayers always. xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!